GDT: 2016 NHL Draft Lottery | Saturday, April 30th, 6pm MT (NBC, CBC) | The other 11.5%

Status
Not open for further replies.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Not excited about Winnipeg but they are better imo than the Oilers. Still we have our work cut out to stay competitive in this division.

Don Corleone

Jul 9, 2013
Winnipeg would be crazy to pick Laine. The franchise even in the Atlanta days have never had a number 1 C, so the choice could not be easier to me at least.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I don't see Winnipeg improving that much due to that pick. They lost Ladd, and won the right to get his replacement. Eventually Laine will be better IMO, but not for a couple years. Toronto was a given, they finally actually tanked...no way they weren't getting rewarded. Would have preferred to see Columbus win it (of those 3). But at least we did not move down.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The one team that finished below the Avs in this god awful division gets Laine. Good for Toronto though. Their management is doing it right finally.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
So I guess the big question is does Edmonton pull the trigger on a defenseman at 4 or trade the pick or move down?

They would be stupid if they did not actively try to trade it in my opinion. They need to add two top 4 defensmen this off-season, and one of them has to be a really good one, or next year will be yet another failure.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hard to be upset. Avs have been lucky in draft lotteries since 2009. Never dropping and moving up from second to first in 2013. They haven't been Oilers lucky, but still lucky.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So I guess the big question is does Edmonton pull the trigger on a defenseman at 4 or trade the pick or move down?

I bet they'd trade it, didn't look like the defenders were worth picking that high.

Calgary needs a goalie though, I wouldn't mind having #6 and #10 lol.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
RNH & who?

I think Yak and their 2nd will be in play for a #3 type and they will look to move RNH.

Brodin is who I think they end up with in one of those deals as he's proven capable on the RH side and likely available.

I wonder if we would see a Sedin type situation where Winipeg uses one of their RHD+picks.prospects to manuever into #2 and #3 to get both Finns. They could even do it via multiple moves (Trade with EDM for #4 and then move up one with CBJ). They have the ammo to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad