2016 NBA Draft

darko

Feb 16, 2009
So I'm not sure you guys are following, but on reddit, some posters have found some serious evidence via yearbooks that Thon Maker is actually older than his age. He said to be 18, but the age would put him at around 24.

While the Bucks could say '**** it' and still drafted him, if they knew, they would void their draft pick as they drafted an ineligible player. In other words, either the Bucks got sloppy or careless and it may cost them their top-10 selection. This would also leave Thon Maker to be a free agent, meaning technically he could sign elsewhere...

They should be compensated.

Would love to see this evidence because the investigation to determine his age 2-3 years ago was pretty extensive from what I heard.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
There was talk about it again right before the draft with some scouts/sources thinking he was more like 21-23, supposedly it was one of the reasons he dropped

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
So I'm not sure you guys are following, but on reddit, some posters have found some serious evidence via yearbooks that Thon Maker is actually older than his age. He said to be 18, but the age would put him at around 24.

While the Bucks could say '**** it' and still drafted him, if they knew, they would void their draft pick as they drafted an ineligible player. In other words, either the Bucks got sloppy or careless and it may cost them their top-10 selection. This would also leave Thon Maker to be a free agent, meaning technically he could sign elsewhere...
Saw it. But assumed the Bucks and the NBA had more resources than random redditors.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Okay, no more worrying about Simmons' jumper or anything else for me. I'm ready to enjoy this......

I hope Embiid is healthy and Saric is everything the scouts claim he is.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Never really watched Simmons, but he was the #1 pick and hyped for so long for a reason. A broken jumper surely can't be the make or break for him. Can't wait to watch the Sixers next year.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Okay, no more worrying about Simmons' jumper or anything else for me. I'm ready to enjoy this......

I hope Embiid is healthy and Saric is everything the scouts claim he is.

I watched the game, Simmons' shooting was a bit off but that passing... wow. He hasn't played since his college season ended and has had only one practice prior to the game so I think his shooting will come around. I'm sure the coaching staff will work with him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Never really watched Simmons, but he was the #1 pick and hyped for so long for a reason. A broken jumper surely can't be the make or break for him. Can't wait to watch the Sixers next year.

Eh a lot of execs have said they don;t think he will become that Davis-level type you would want from a #1 pick. Wont be a bust but not as good as the hype suggests.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad