2016 NBA Draft

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Yeah, and to me this isn't any offense to the Knicks cause they could have an easier time in East, but more so just they still have a few questions and as we've seen these super teams don't always work out. OKC is basically showing they can still build a team around KD.

Silver's pronounciation of Rapt-TORs reminds me Kodos & Kang

Also, I think we're starting to see how some college kids may have to work a bit harder in the future for first round picks. The world pool is open and teams are diving in.

A lot of the European prospects can shoot. Shooting in college basketball is atrocious. Hopefully some start to stay in school and get better at basketball.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
A lot of the European prospects can shoot. Shooting in college basketball is atrocious. Hopefully some start to stay in school and get better at basketball.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of the one and done system esp with a lack of a complete DLeague. Some of these kids will obv learn, but a lot have come from systems that don't always focus as much on the basics.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So rich the conversation where they talked about how this kid had to come out for the draft because he may not have been good enough to play at Kentucky.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good pick and worth a shot for the Kings. Very little risk there.

Not sure if that's the best spot for Skal's development though.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Yeah, I've never been a fan of the one and done system esp with a lack of a complete DLeague. Some of these kids will obv learn, but a lot have come from systems that don't always focus as much on the basics.

Exactly. Wilbon and Bilas saying the NCAA should let them go back to school and comparing it to baseball and hockey is off base.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
So rich the conversation where they talked about how this kid had to come out for the draft because he may not have been good enough to play at Kentucky.

I'd go overseas if that were the case. Make money and get better since the D-league is trash.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
That's exactly what I was thinking. You'd even get paid.

Yup. You are too raw to get drafted and you might not be a starter at your school? Drop out and go to one of the Euro leagues and then come back at 23-24 in your prime and ready to cash in.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
According to CBS Sports the Celtics have finally made a trade. They will trade picks # 31 and # 35 to Memphis for the LA Clippers 1st round pick in 2019. I like it.:handclap:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
That little Celtics kid is gonna be pissed when he finds out Davis is going to Memphis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->