GDT: 2016 Memorial Cup Thread

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Rouyn as a great team, they are fast, gritty and the support to the puck carrier in the offensive zone is just amazing (how many time you see a guy coming one on one, not trying anything, just goin strait to the corner knowing they're gonna be 2 Huskies there against one player and will win the battle), but even if they have strong talent, they don't have difference maker like London. They need more scoring chance then London to score and they won't win a special team battle against London imho.

Would have like to see some adjustement on their PP last night. Clearly the 3 man high format didn't work. Those 3 guy high were almost always in a "tunnel" having no opening down low and high risk low reward pass at the blue line. They had strong entry to the zone, but just nothing after that. And how many time does one of the 3 man high was receiving the puck a little bit in front of him and did made a a complete 360 with the puck to "gain" possession throwing away the reason why you move the puck to non-danger area (making quick movement to open more dangereous lane). Everything was way too slow.

Hoping for a more typical game if they play each other again and not that 20+ PP special team show.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
DeBrusk showing good bursts of speed tonight (again). Lauzon has been skating well and looking to lay the body every chance he gets but I don't think his game is yet where it was pre neck injury.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
DeBrusk showing good bursts of speed tonight (again). Lauzon has been skating well and looking to lay the body every chance he gets but I don't think his game is yet where it was pre neck injury.

doesn`t look like it to me either Colt and it`s not surprising. Kid missed all that time and returns for arguably the most intense 7-10 days of hockey. Asserted himself well though. I`m one who`s surprised how physical he`s playing, in the many times I`ve had the pleasure to watch him live (and a handful on TV) this is the most physical I have seen him, wonder if the coaching staff told him it`s a good way to get "into" the game?

He`s never been shy to take the body but he`s not been a guy who uses that as option 1 from the games I`ve watched him

Really excited about both kids, liked DeBrusk`s games in the tourney too after game 1 which, IMO, didn`t look great but was expected by this fan after he and his team hadn`t played for so long.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
The longer this tournament goes on the more I've been thinking that Max Jones is going to be Boston's guy at 14.

He has looked really dangerous in the final thus far.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Another ******** PowerPlay for the Knights on a perfectly legal (big) hit.

Seems like they get a PP every game on a joke of a call.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The longer this tournament goes on the more I've been thinking that Max Jones is going to be Boston's guy at 14.

He has looked really dangerous in the final thus far.

Haha Good call - if Fabbro is gone don't be surprised

I might just take him anyway

The Sharks in 25 years had to pick this year to screw up the Boston draft

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Haha Good call - if Fabbro is gone don't be surprised

I might just take him anyway

That would be a classic, big bad Bruins type of mistake. Pass on the talent, go for the snarl. He's not a bad player, but he's not a top 15 guy in this draft

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That would be a classic, big bad Bruins type of mistake. Pass on the talent, go for the snarl. He's not a bad player, but he's not a top 15 guy in this draft

I know but Marchand and Jones on same line would be must watch

The player needs to be a D logically

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada

No kidding. They get Timo Meier (who looks like a real player) at 9th overall last year and then get to turn that around into a Cup final a year later with, basically, the same group of guys. Ridiculous.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
That was a legit tripping call but the Huskies have not had a single PP yet because the Knights are allowed to get away with all their set pick plays.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
That was a legit tripping call but the Huskies have not had a single PP yet because the Knights are allowed to get away with all their set pick plays.

I think the pick plays run both ways Colt.

I'll give you the first PP was on a bad call. The 2nd one was legit along with the third one. In fact, the second one in the NHL is an automatic match penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad