GDT: 2016 Memorial Cup Thread

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Lauzon with the assist (Jeremy I think). Sick flip pass from his own end.

Edit: Yes, it was Jeremy.

toreykingkrug

Nov 28, 2014
I feel the same way. Jones may be either picked by Boston or Philadaphia. Maybe Montreal off board pick him, who knows what can happen in draft day. Honestly Max Jones is not a bad pick at all. He is very good defensively and offensive skills are right there. My question is someone which I've seen a lot in past several months just watching stats to see so many PIMs and call him a power forward (LOL what?). That is beyond ridiculous.

Laughing at your opponent then hiding behind a linesman after cheapshotting him especially that guy is motionless, that is not something a human being should ever do. This boy has no morals. And for those think he is a Bruins type player. Just imagining someone on the B's who was grabbed by his opponent during a line brawl, doesn't give a single punch back despite the other side punches him like a punchbag. Yeah just like Marchand punched Daniel Sedin and Daniel just sit there with no response in Game 6 2011
SCF. That is what Jones is doing. What is worse is he then cried towards the referee and kept whining and never had his mouth shut up. I think you will be very happy to see a player on the B's behave like that.

Someone like him, fine. But please not connect that piece of **** with Bruins identity. I won't be too happy if he is picked by the B's, but not because he is not skilled. That is because his personality. And I do worry about those big strong player who usually teared up against juniors then had troubles adjusting to NHL level. Like Kassian, like Wilson, to some extent, Brett Connolly. But it is just me. My name is not Cam Neely. He will love those type of players. And he will do everything to ruin this organization as usual. So anything happen I won't be too surprised.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A friend in Virginia just texted me

The best coach the Caps ever had is now coaching London and the worst coach we ever had is now an assistant coach with the Bruins.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Tkachuk giving up on a puck in the o-zone just to avoid getting crushed by Lauzon. Love it

This is going to be some finale

I don't know how that was such a great play when it lead to tying goal in the last few mins of the game.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Love Mete's compete level. Could be a very interesting player in a few years when he puts on weight/muscle. Not super impressed with his shot though (small sample size).

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Love Mete's compete level. Could be a very interesting player in a few years when he puts on weight/muscle. Not super impressed with his shot though (small sample size).

I loveee his skating, but he's not in the same league as Girard in term of creativity/vision. Defensman this size will always have trouble defending against bigger player, so I'd preffer my little puck mover to be able to run a PP and I don't see Mete creative enough to run a PP in the NHL.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Aah, I thought you meant the previous shift.

Too bad that terrible play cost them the Cup. I really don't know what he was trying to do there. Still had a good tournament overall, but really need to better his defensive play. On a side note Brouillard was really good again for a 2nd strait tournament, I hope he sign a contract somewhere this summer.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
Watched entire game.Lauzon was very solid.That one play on tying goal was split second decision.Jolevi was good but had a few mishaps.So young though on bigstage is still a plus .Goaltenders were awesome.Refs ok but not sure how one team in a game so close gets 5 powerplays to 1.Marner reminded me today of Sam Gagner .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad