2016 Memorial Cup: May 20-29 in Red Deer, AB

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I usually cheer for the WHL teams but I don't like Brandon and I always have a hard time rooting for a host who didn't at least make the finals. Really like what I'm hearing about Rouyn Noranda a fast team, star player coming back from horrible injury (Lauzon) and I don't know much about the Q but I believe aren't some powerhouse team every year like London and Brandon who get star players wanting to play their every year.

Definitely not, RN is a small market home grown team.

I'll lay money down (not a lot but some) that Bleackley makes an appearance in this tournament.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Very happy to hear Bleackley is playing. Poor guy has had as tough a year as you can have as a prospect. He's now playing the role of underdog in his career and I'm rooting for him hard.

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
Is there going to be a tournament GDT anywhere?
I checked the junior section and came up empty and one would probably get shut down here.
I don't want to go to the individual prospects NHL teams pages, they tend to focus strictly on 1 guy and not the actual games.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I checked the junior section and came up empty and one would probably get shut down here.
I don't want to go to the individual prospects NHL teams pages, they tend to focus strictly on 1 guy and not the actual games.

Good question. I guess we could always just post here? Maybe have a GDT for the finals.

stewpac

Nov 30, 2015
If your favourite team has a lead on the knights in the third, be it 1, 2, 3, goal lead, it isn't safe. Marner can literally take a game over in the third, its when he's at his best. London is dynamite on special teams, obviously their power play is phenomenal but short handed they will burn you if you're not careful. The top unit of Dvorak and Marner are always thinking offence. The second unit with Pu and MacDonald have killer speed and often get short handed breakaways. I don't know much about the other teams but its still hard not to feel confident here in London. We expect to win.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY

Good question. I guess we could always just post here? Maybe have a GDT for the finals.

Might as well here, that's where I'll be checking.
You're all in the right place. This is the thread for Memorial Cup discussion. Intro/anthem now.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Bleackley got called for holding on what looked like a good clean hit on a London defender. SN didn't show anything else that looked like a penalty. London's best chance of the the PP was a Mete rush, with Red Deer getting a SH 2-on-1 late into that.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Now that was an actual holding penalty. Juolevi wrapped up Helewka during a good cycle from Spacek's line. Knights survive the Rebels PP though. Eight to go in first after second TV timeout. SOG 7-2 Rebels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad