Prospect Info: 2016 Maple Leafs Draft Pick - 1st Overall - Auston Matthews - Centre - ZSC Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
If there was no need for negotiations - then every first overall would sign July 1st. and be done with it.
obviously. there is more work than "here is the contract, please sign here."
or there are other pressing needs that go before the "here is the contract, please sign here."

Hell, Buffalo would take the contract on stage to get it all over with right there.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Okay, what's next on the doomsday calendar? Should we go back to facial hair or focus on the lack of a backup goalie?

I say goalie.......apparently Lou doesn't really like backup goalies, he only likes starters. I hope he lightens up on this or we're going to alienate all the potential back up goalies and go into the season without one. Man the guy is such a dinosaur, imagine going into the season without a backup!

edit: I'm also annoyed that I don't know the details about Matthews contract yet......as a long time fan they owe me!

I liked the one about getting Andersen being a worry because of mistakes past Managers made. :laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Okay, what's next on the doomsday calendar? Should we go back to facial hair or focus on the lack of a backup goalie?

I say goalie.......apparently Lou doesn't really like backup goalies, he only likes starters. I hope he lightens up on this or we're going to alienate all the potential back up goalies and go into the season without one. Man the guy is such a dinosaur, imagine going into the season without a backup!

edit: I'm also annoyed that I don't know the details about Matthews contract yet......as a long time fan they owe me!

Guaranteed:
July 1st, 2018.

WHY THE HELL DIDN'T WE SIGN MATTHEWS TO HIS SECOND CONTRACT YET?!

TheRexman

Just have fun
Jul 5, 2015
Quebec City

:laugh:

Glad you threw the edit in there. Can't ever forget how the Leafs must tell us EVERYTHING!

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Shanny probably went into Lou's office yesterday and said: "Lou WTF are you doing? Get this kid signed and stop pissing him and his agent off!"

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Thank God. Was getting so tired of it.

Wake up: Read the Star article

Leave for work: Talking about Matthews not signing on AM640 (640 Not even sports)

Way home: Check HF, new topic on Matthews not signing

Felt like I was being stalked by nonsense.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Are some people serious? Unless something happens to Matthews we're going to give him 8 years after his ELC. No questions asked. You don't bridge a franchise center. I'd say if you're thinking of bridging him maybe you're the one who doesn't know how to negotiate.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Are some people serious? Unless something happens to Matthews we're going to give him 8 years after his ELC. No questions asked. You don't bridge a franchise center. I'd say if you're thinking of bridging him maybe you're the one who doesn't know how to negotiate.

What if either side doesn't want a long term deal prior to a new CBA being in place?

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
What if either side doesn't want a long term deal prior to a new CBA being in place?

Definitely a fair point. I was more talking now with the current CBA in place. I just don't see a situation baring some major unfortunate event(s) where we don't start negotiations with 8 years. Bridging him just seems ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad