2016 Lineups ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
This is how i see it as well. A guy like Goulbourne for instance could push VDV out the door. Lyubimov another. Gordon will be the 4th line center.

I don't think Ghoul has a shot in hell of making the NHL team. Let alone VDV, he'd have to leapfrog, potentially, all or most of Read, Laughton, PEB, Bardreau, Leier, Lyubimov for a 4W spot. I don't see it.

(Oh the joys of using valuable picks on 4th liners/tweeners)

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
This is how i see it as well. A guy like Goulbourne for instance could push VDV out the door. Lyubimov another. Gordon will be the 4th line center.

I have to disagree with the assessment of Goulbourne pushing VandeVelde out of the line up.

I don't believe Goulbourne will ever become an NHL regular player that's in the line ups every night.
Yea Goulbourne plays a physical style hockey and has a somewhat decent 2 way game in the AHL, but I don't know if Goulbourne is fast enough to keep up with the NHL players. He may get a call up eventually, but I see Goulbourne as just another enforcer, 2 way, PK type of player, with little upside of being an NHL regular.

There are other players that deserve a call up before Tyrell Goulbourne. Namely players like Taylor Leier, Roman Lyubimov, Cole Bardreau, Nicolas Aube-Kubel, Petr Straka, Danick Martel, and Chris Connor.

If anyone is pushing VandeVelde and Weal out of the line up it would be Konecny and Lyubimov.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I just can't wait for camp, so I can hear that all of these guys look better than VDV giving me hope he's not here.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The only way I can see VV making the lineup really is if Laughton bombs & nobody else from the outside steps up. Otherwise where is VV going to play with Bellemare likely getting pushed to the wing?

Laughton/XXX - Cousins - Weise
Read - Gordon - Bellemare

I guess Read could jump up a line & VV slot on the fourth line LW spot. However if you're going with a heavy d-zone start fourth line you're probably going to want Read on it over VV. I just don't think he's good enough offensively to justify moving up a line either.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Goulbourne is like 25th on our forward depth chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad