2016 Lineups ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I like PEB a lot. VdV I'm with you. Grab a brew and watch the game from a cushy suite. But PEB I think has played very well and is a perfect fit for the fourth line.

I've said it before on here but I disagree. I think Bellemare's overrated on here & nothing more than really a marginal player. He gets a pass for some reason despite being responsible too for the abortion of the Hak line & PK. I don't really give him credit for being better than White & VV. That's not really a ringing endorsement imo.

I don't think he's anything more than a place holder for next year & not a part of the future. So yeah I'm hoping someone like Lyubimov, Bardreau, Leier, etc. can knock him out of the lineup pretty early. As those guys might present more upside to the lineup than Bellemare.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
This is getting ****ing old..and it's disrespectful to some degree.

Bully, it's not disrespectful. I'm having fun with a player I like and enjoying the ride as long as he's on the team. Look, do you want me to talk about line combos, decisions by Hak, Provocop making the team, etc, etc? I will be glad to do that.

Once the season starts, you all will see a new, improved Boxcar.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Well. No one seems to think Cousins or Laughton will break out. They were playing 3rd line minutes and handled it well LAST year. How about this? TK goes back to JR.

Voracek--Giroux--Simmonds
Laughton--Couturier--Schenn
Raffl--Cousins--Weise
Read--Gordon--Bellemare

Del Zotto -- Gudas
Macdonald -- Gostisbehere
Provorov -- Streit

Nuevirth
Mason

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
PEB should never be used at center. On wing he can probably be more effective.

Yeah I think he can become less of a liability with move out of the center spot. However I think best case scenario is he's more of a guy who won't hurt you playing third wheel on the fourth line. I don't think it's the end of the world if he makes the opening night roster. However I think the younger guys can present more upside to the lineup if they were to knock him out of it. So I'm hoping they can do that asap.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Yeah for me if Konecny makes the team I'd like to see this

Schenn giroux simmonds
Voracek coots Konecny
Raffl Laughton/cousins Weise
Laughton/cousins Gordon read (unless we trade read in which case then peb for read)

Without Konecny

Schenn giroux simmonds
Raffl coots voracek
Laughton cousins Weise
Peb Gordon read

I didn't add luby because well I really dot know him or his game and can't say if he's even better than vdv at this point, and the defense is a toss up at this point, it really depends if hexy makes a move or not

Last edited:

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'd be somewhat surprised if Lyubimov doesn't make the team either at the beginning of the year or early on. At least if Konecny doesn't make the team since that forward roster will get kind of cramped.

say what you will about boxcar and his bizarre love for Manning, but he has never posted anything rude or attacked anyone personally here that I can remember.

Calling Russian players just "the Russian" is kind of disrespectful, considering it's obviously not because he doesn't know their actual names.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah Belle gets some love because he was not as bad as White or VDV. But if Konecny makes it, it opens us up to having a really good 4th line that can actually take on hard, defensive minutes and chip in points.

Raffl Gordon Read

We tag them the 4th line, but like last year, they likely play more than the 3rd Line of:

Laughton Cousins and Weise

The 4th line is WAY better than last year and their usage would be like a real bottom 6 should be. And the 3rd line should be better just from the growth of Laughton and Cousins due to experience....and Weise.

Worst case, if Konecny is sent back, Raffl goes to the top 6, and Belle replaces Raffl on the 4th line.

Last edited:

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
I'd be somewhat surprised if Lyubimov doesn't make the team either at the beginning of the year or early on. At least if Konecny doesn't make the team since that forward roster will get kind of cramped.

Calling Russian players just "the Russian" is kind of disrespectful, considering it's obviously not because he doesn't know their actual names.

ok, granted.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
If Konecny and Lyubimov make the roster out of training camp, that means that Hextall would have to make a trade to get rid of either VandeVelde or Read.

The Phantoms have 15 forwards on their roster including Weal, (If Weal isn't claimed passing through waivers). Unless the Phantoms send Swavely, Zengerle or Sundher down to Reading ECHL, or Weal is claimed on waivers only then would the flyers be able to send VandeVelde to Lehigh Valley AHL if he also passes through waivers.

15 forwards: Leier, Conner, Martel, Goulbourne, Miele, Weal, Bardreau, Carey, Straka, Aube-Kubel, Fazleev, McDonald (C), Swavely*, Zengerle* and Sundher*

If I were Hextall I wouldn't try to pass VandeVelde through waivers, seeing as how the Flyers got a 3rd round pick for Zac Rinaldo of all players.
I'd rather see the Flyers try and gain a draft pick via a trade for VandeVelde rather then losing him for nothing.

Last edited:

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
If Konecny and Lyubimov make the roster out of training camp, that means that Hextall would have to make a trade to get rid of either VandeVelde or Read.

The Phantoms have 15 forwards on their roster including Weal, (If Weal isn't claimed passing through waivers). Unless the Phantoms send Swavely, Zengerle or Sundher down to Reading ECHL, or Weal is claimed on waivers only then would the flyers be able to send VandeVelde to Lehigh Valley AHL if he also passes through waivers.

15 forwards: Leier, Conner, Martel, Goulbourne, Miele, Weal, Bardreau, Carey, Straka, Aube-Kubel, Fazleev, McDonald (C), Swavely*, Zengerle* and Sundher*

If I were Hextall I wouldn't try to pass VandeVelde through waivers, seeing as how the Flyers got a 3rd round pick for Zac Rinaldo of all players.
I'd rather see the Flyers try and gain a draft pick via a trade for VandeVelde rather then losing him for nothing.

I would love to get a 5th round pick for VV, but don't see why anybody would do it. There are a lot of better players out there that could be had as a free agent. Then again there is the stupidity of the Boston Bruins so you never know...

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Schenn --Giroux-- Simmonds
Laughton --Couturier-- Voracek
Raffl --Cousins-- Weise
Lyubimov --Gordon-- Read

Del Zotto -- Gudas
Provorov -- Gostisbehere
Macdonald -- Schultz

Streit, Manning, VandeVelde, Bellemare will be facing AHL/WAIVERS/TRADE/SCRATCHED

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Raffl --Cousins-- Weise
Lyubimov --Gordon-- Read

Del Zotto -- Gudas
Provorov -- Gostisbehere
Macdonald -- Schultz

Streit, Manning, VandeVelde, Bellemare will be facing AHL/WAIVERS/TRADE/SCRATCHED

Getting close. Bellemare over Lyubimov (AHL bound)
Streit in the 6 with Schultz as 7th?
Manning, VandeVelde to the Phantoms (could make for a good team!)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Raffl --Cousins-- Weise
Lyubimov --Gordon-- Read

Del Zotto -- Gudas
Provorov -- Gostisbehere
Macdonald -- Schultz

On what planet does pairing together a rookie defensemen with a sophomore with less than a full season under his belt make sense?

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Raffl --Cousins-- Weise
Lyubimov --Gordon-- Read

Del Zotto -- Gudas
Provorov -- Gostisbehere
Macdonald -- Schultz

I'd rather see RD Ghost paired with LD Del Zotto and LD Provorov if he makes the roster, paired with RD Gudas.

Also if Bellemare, VandeVelde, Manning or Weal were placed on waivers and made it through without being claimed by one of the other 29 teams I'd be surprised.
It would make for a really good team in Lehigh Valley this year if two of those four players made it through waivers to the AHL.

Bernie67

Apr 10, 2016
It is a long summer and I prefer to build the team through the year as we watched Pittsburg make 7 changes to the team that started over the one that won the SC; 8 if you include the Coach. With what the Flyers have in their system I would be more concerned with moving one of their 7 defensemen under one way contracts before the season starts
The easiest should be to trade N Schultz to Ottawa for a 3rd round pick
These are the 13 forwards and 7 defensemen that I see starting the Season

Schenn--Giroux--Voracek
Laughton--Couturier--Simmonds
Raffl--PEB/Lyubimov--Weise
Cousins--Gordon-- Read

Del Zotto --Gostisbehere
Provorov --Gudas
MacDonald/Manning --Streit

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Asking all Flyers/Phantoms fans... Is this an accurate portrayal of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms line up this season. If any changes need to be made I'd like to know what they'd look like, I'm just guessing as to what Lehigh Valley's line up might look like for this upcoming season.
Also if I'm missing any players please add to your line up.

AHL Lehigh Valley Phantoms 23 man Line-Up
Line 1 LW Leier C Lyubimov RW Aube-Kubel
Line 2 LW Conner C Miele RW Fazleev
Line 3 LW Martel C Bardreau RW Straka
Line 4 LW Goulbourne C Carey RW McDonald

1st D-Pair LD Morin RD Brennan
2nd D-Pair LD Sanheim RD Alt
3rd D-Pair LD O'Neill RD Hagg

Goalie's: G #1 Stolarz
G #2 Lyon

Scratched List
LW Swavely*
RW/C Zengerle*
RD Willcox

Captain: Colin McDonald
Alternate Captain: ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Players that may be sent to ECHL Reading Royals
RD Pettersson
RD Lamarche*
RW Mathers*
C Sundher*
G Ouellette*
G Dekanich*
* Under contract to the Phantoms

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Asking all Flyers/Phantoms fans... Is this an accurate portrayal of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms line up this season. If any changes need to be made I'd like to know what they'd look like, I'm just guessing as to what Lehigh Valley's line up might look like for this upcoming season.
Also if I'm missing any players please add to your line up.

AHL Lehigh Valley Phantoms 23 man Line-Up
Line 1 LW Leier C Lyubimov RW Aube-Kubel
Line 2 LW Conner C Miele RW Fazleev
Line 3 LW Martel C Bardreau RW Straka
Line 4 LW Goulbourne C Carey RW McDonald

1st D-Pair LD Morin RD Brennan
2nd D-Pair LD Sanheim RD Alt
3rd D-Pair LD O'Neill RD Hagg

Goalie's: G #1 Stolarz
G #2 Lyon

Scratched List
LW Swavely*
RW/C Zengerle*
RD Willcox

Captain: Colin McDonald
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Players that may be sent to ECHL Reading Royals
RD Pettersson
RD Lamarche*
RW Mathers*
C Sundher*
G Ouellette*
G Dekanich*
* Under contract to the Phantoms

Lyubimov will not be the #1 center. The rest your guess is as good as mine.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
On what planet does pairing together a rookie defensemen with a sophomore with less than a full season under his belt make sense?

When the rookie is 19 going on 29.

I think Provorov is going to surprise people, his game is about control and positioning, not sheer talent, and he'll adjust much faster to the NHL than someone like Sanheim.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Considering people think he'll be the Flyers best defenseman this season, I think we are passed the point of him surprising people.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Lyubimov will not be the #1 center. The rest your guess is as good as mine.

My best guess for team to start the season would be:

Leier -- Miele -- Connor
Carey -- Zengerle -- Aube-Kubel
Martel -- Bardreau -- Straka
Lyubimov -- Fazleev -- McDonald
Goulbourne
Swavely

Morin -- Alt
Brennan -- Hagg
Sanheim -- O'Neill
Willcox

Stolarz
Lyon

That is a monstrous AHL team on paper tbh... the '4th' line would be a 2nd line on a lot of AHL teams.

The hard bit for me is where the wingers will play... all eight guys have the talent/ability to be on an AHL 1st line IMO.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Well Provolone is supposed to be wise beyond his years. I'm not saying that there is no risk there, but you have a guy in Ghost that is maybe inexperienced in terms of number of games played, but is 23 (will be 24 by season's end) and has played 60+ games of NHL experience at a very high level along with a handful of playoff games to boot. Provolone is supposed to be something very special. I know that everyone preaches patience and all that, but when a guy is as hyped as he is there's nothing wrong with expecting him to step in and not look overmatched. That doesn't mean I'll be calling him a bust if he isn't playing well come December, but we also shouldn't just expect him to come in and play like a rookie simply because he is 19.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well Provolone is supposed to be wise beyond his years. I'm not saying that there is no risk there, but you have a guy in Ghost that is maybe inexperienced in terms of number of games played, but is 23 (will be 24 by season's end) and has played 60+ games of NHL experience at a very high level along with a handful of playoff games to boot. Provolone is supposed to be something very special. I know that everyone preaches patience and all that, but when a guy is as hyped as he is there's nothing wrong with expecting him to step in and not look overmatched. That doesn't mean I'll be calling him a bust if he isn't playing well come December, but we also shouldn't just expect him to come in and play like a rookie simply because he is 19.

There really is now justifying how it could work because it is so extremely far-fetched to even think Hakstol would do something like that to start the season.

It is also doesn't serve the team to pair up two guys that move the puck as well as they do, rather than spreading them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad