Leier -- UFA 4C -- Bellemare
VandeVelde

Del Zotto -- Gudas
MacDonald -- Gostisbehere
Provorov -- Streit
Schultz

Mason
Neuvirth

Overall, your lineup is probably more accurate. I am just surprised that you think both provy and konency will not be in the lineup. The consensus seems to be that provy will be in the lineup.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Overall, your lineup is probably more accurate. I am just surprised that you think both provy and konency will not be in the lineup. The consensus seems to be that provy will be in the lineup.

Provorov is there on 'third' pairing with Streit.

I think Konecny will have to blow everyones minds at camp to stick given Hextall's philosophy.

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
I think Konecny will have to blow everyones minds at camp to stick given Hextall's philosophy.

Agreed about Konecny.

I still think Hextall should try to grab a few FA's.

If I were GM, I would try to at package mid-level prospects (Cousins, Hagg, Alt, Weal, one of the goalies) with Streit and/or Read - just to get them off the cap, and then use that space to make 2 or 3 nice FA additions -- wingers like Okposo, McGinn; centers like Nielsen, Brodziak, etc. Easier said than done, but that's what makes sense to me.

Would look something like this: https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/134864

Last edited:

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Agreed about Konecny.

I still think Hextall should try to grab a few FA's.

If I were GM, I would try to at package mid-level prospects (Cousins, Hagg, Alt, Weal, one of the goalies) with Streit and/or Read - just to get them off the cap, and then use that space to make 2 or 3 nice FA additions -- wingers like Okposo, McGinn; centers like Nielsen, Brodziak, etc. Easier said than done, but that's what makes sense to me.

Would look something like this: https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/134864
can only wish. Hopefully with provy there is also 2 more faces different to watch. Streit and read are boring and bring nothing to the table.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
If I look at the FA available I'd be interested in one of:

C/W Backes
C Nielsen
C Matthias
C Helm
C Brodziak
LW Perron
LW Boedker
LW McGinn

One or two(if we trade someone else) of them to round out the top-9.

Let other teams overpay for Lucic and Okposo.

kammy

Jun 29, 2007

C/W Backes
C Nielsen
C Matthias
C Helm
C Brodziak
LW Perron
LW Boedker
LW McGinn

Nice list.

Many people think Boedker and Nielsen will get overpaid. Perron is the goal scorer we need, but he's Mr IR. I'm fine paying for a guy like Okposo even though we really dont need another RW, I think he would be great at 1RW with Giroux.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
These would be my ideal two moves:

1. Since we don't have very much cap space, I would like to after Grabner. He is fast and would help the pk. He can slot into the third and fourth line and should not cost very much.

2. Another player I think we should target is Orlov. If Washington resigns Johansson they may not have enough cap space to resign Orlov or they may feel that they will lose him in the expansion draft. I would love to trade for him. Obviously, we would need to trade Streit to make space for him, which is doable since his salary is only 2m after July 1.

Konency- Giroux - Voracek
Raffl - Couturier - Simmonds
Laughton - Schenn - Read
Grabner - Cousins - White/Bellemare
VDV

DZ - Gudas
Prov- Ghost
MacDonald - Orlov
Schultz

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I am going a bit off the beaten path.

Konency - Giroux - Voracek
Raffl - Couturier - Simmonds
Laughton - Schenn - Read
Bellemare - Cousins - White
VDV

DZ - Gudas
Prov - Ghost
Streit - Schultz
MacDonald

Mason
Neuvirth

There is no way on earth - 0% chance - that Konecny plays on the top line even if he does stick in the NHL. It just flies in the face of our philosophy and the risk of damage to Konecny's development is way too high.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Schenn -- Giroux -- Voracek
Raffl -- Couturier -- Simmonds
Laughton -- Cousins -- Konecny
Read

If Konecny sticks, he'll be on the 3rd line to start the season, and maybe all year to limit his exposure.

Del Zotto -- Gudas
Provorov -- Gostisbehere
MacDonald -- Streit
Schultz

Mason
Neuvirth

I think because they'll be looking to move out Streit and Schultz by the trade deadline, if not before, they'll want to pair Provorov and Ghost for stability, Provorov is perfect for a more conservative role backing up Ghost, I'd still trust him over MacDonald, even as a rookie.

At some point Morin and Sanheim will be recalled which may present a L/R problem. I could see them being paired in Allentown just to decide which one will be the RD until Myers is ready. It's also why I think Hextall will keep his eye out for any deal where he can pacakage MDZ and Schultz or Streit for a young RH defenseman.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
It's also why I think Hextall will keep his eye out for any deal where he can pacakage MDZ and Schultz or Streit for a young RH defenseman.

At some point I really wanted the Flyers to trade for Bogosian and now rumors are, he's available (I believe Pierre McGuire said it on TSN).

:dunno:

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia

C/W Backes
C Nielsen
C Matthias
C Helm
C Brodziak
LW Perron
LW Boedker
LW McGinn

Most of this list will also be overpaid and get the term they're looking for, at least historically. We'll have to see which way free agency goes this year. There's way too many great 4Cs out there for us to not pick one up though since it is a pretty big hole. I could see us waiting out the July 1st rush and picking up some decent guys on deals they actually deserve when they realize theres nothing left for them.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008

Really really sucks that the only alternative for Konecny is to go back to Sarnia.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Schenn -- Giroux -- Voracek
Raffl -- Couturier -- Simmonds
Laughton -- Cousins -- Konecny
Read

If Konecny sticks, he'll be on the 3rd line to start the season, and maybe all year to limit his exposure.

Del Zotto -- Gudas
Provorov -- Gostisbehere
MacDonald -- Streit
Schultz

Mason
Neuvirth

I think because they'll be looking to move out Streit and Schultz by the trade deadline, if not before, they'll want to pair Provorov and Ghost for stability, Provorov is perfect for a more conservative role backing up Ghost, I'd still trust him over MacDonald, even as a rookie.

At some point Morin and Sanheim will be recalled which may present a L/R problem. I could see them being paired in Allentown just to decide which one will be the RD until Myers is ready. It's also why I think Hextall will keep his eye out for any deal where he can pacakage MDZ and Schultz or Streit for a young RH defenseman.

I am not sure they will want to move both... the expansion draft will play into it and the salary exposure.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Both contracts expire at the end of the year, I don't think either one will factor into expansion draft.

Crap, forgot they changed the proposed '25%' rule where 25% of previous seasons salary have to be exposed! Still had that in mind when thinking about it.

Yeh, trading both could be on the cards then.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If you look at our D, and remove Streit, who plays the right side behind Ghost and Gudas?

Everyone else plays the left side....unless they think Alt could fill that spot.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
If you look at our D, and remove Streit, who plays the right side behind Ghost and Gudas?

Everyone else plays the left side....unless they think Alt could fill that spot.

I imagine it would be MacDonald tbh... he has played there in the past. So has Schultz actually.

I mean, not ideal but if Streit has a decent year (like ~35+ points with solid D) he could probably garner a 2nd rounder near deadline as expiring UFA. If someone offered that I think the Flyers take it and worry about who plays RD afterwards!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Schenn's about to get paid somewhere between $4.5-5M per year likely. He's not going to be playing on the third line for any extended period of time making that type of money.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
If Streit plays like he did post-injury last year, I'd be very suprised if we could fetch a 2nd for him.

Brigid1011*

Isn't Alt a righty ?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Given how deep the Flyers system has become, it wouldn't surprise me if Hextall is a seller as well as a buyer of draft picks, on defense he probably wants to balance the L/R, especially for the younger D-man who have enough on their plate adjusting to the NHL. So I could see MDZ, Streit & 3rd rd pick for RHD & salary dump if the right player became available. Or a trade for a two year patch until Myers is ready.

I don't see big moves this offseason, rather, moving around the pieces for a better fit and to prepare for the kids arriving the next two years.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Given how deep the Flyers system has become, it wouldn't surprise me if Hextall is a seller as well as a buyer of draft picks, on defense he probably wants to balance the L/R, especially for the younger D-man who have enough on their plate adjusting to the NHL. So I could see MDZ, Streit & 3rd rd pick for RHD & salary dump if the right player became available. Or a trade for a two year patch until Myers is ready.

I don't see big moves this offseason, rather, moving around the pieces for a better fit and to prepare for the kids arriving the next two years.

The Jets gave both Byfuglien and Enstrom extensions with NM-clauses. Leaves just one protection slot for T.Myers or J.Trouba at the expansion draft.

Both RHD, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad