Prospect Info: 2016 Lightning Development Camp

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...summer-on-the-ice-facilitates-callups/2283721
"It's something you're working toward, and that's why you come to things like this, to get closer," left wing Adam Erne said. "You want to learn as much as you can here. Summer is time to catch up on other guys. They're taking time off and we're working hard. I use the summer as the time to catch up on guys who are in front of me or have a job that I want to earn."
"When Adam is going and playing with power he's a force out there," said Stacy Roest, the Lightning's director of player development. "When he's skating and moving and throwing his weight around, he's a bull. Obviously, we drafted him in the second round because he has a good all-around game. We believe he's going to be a good NHLer for us."
"I thought he made good progress last year," Roest said. "Maybe a little more consistent, because he did have stretches where he really played well. But he was banged up a little as well. Hopefully he can stay healthy and get a good summer in. And when he goes to camp, we'll see. When you go to camp, until they tell you to go down you have a chance to make the team, right? I'm hoping that's the mentality he has. I know he wants to play, so hopefully he comes and has a good camp."

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
robert guess ‏@robertguess2009 3m3 minutes ago
robert guess Retweeted Erik Erlendsson
3-3 bolt prospect camp starts today finals semis? i think tomorrow tomorrow will be streamed thanks EErobert guess added,
Erik Erlendsson @Erik_Erlendsson

That is my understanding, @DaveMishkin and Chief scheduled to call it https://twitter.com/robertguess2009/status/748891305082753024 …
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
Like View Tweet activity
More
User Actions
Following

Erik Erlendsson
‏@Erik_Erlendsson
@robertguess2009 Starts today, resumes tomorrow at 11:50, semis scheduled for 12:30 p.m tomorrow final scheduled for 12:55 p.m.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Went to the Prospect Camp 3 on 3 tourney today and I have to say, it was so nice to see so much size.

The guys that stood out to me..

Erne, Masin, Stephens, Point, Howden, Raddysh

And Cam Darcy looked darn good, not sure why he had such a meh year in Syracuse.

Erne has the wide Ovi-like build and the speed surprises you.

Point has matured, small yes, but he doesn’t look fragile.

Hard to get a read on Dmen in that 3 on 3 from the blue line no checking format but Masin is the real deal.

Howden is a big boy, and a center, and he’s wearing a bolt, it was so good to see.

Also Yan has some serious skill.

The future looks pretty good, no Kucherovs in there but I have feeling guys like Masin and Stephens are closer than people have projected.

HowSweeeedeItIs

Jan 19, 2014
San Francisco
Went to the Prospect Camp 3 on 3 tourney today and I have to say, it was so nice to see so much size.

And Cam Darcy looked darn good, not sure why he had such a meh year in Syracuse.

Hard to get a read on Dmen in that 3 on 3 from the blue line no checking format but Masin is the real deal.

Howden is a big boy, and a center, and he’s wearing a bolt, it was so good to see.

The future looks pretty good, no Kucherovs in there but I have feeling guys like Masin and Stephens are closer than people have projected.

I was there as well and I have almost the same players as you on my standout list, except for Erne, who I didn't see much from. I think Yan was the player that stood out the most to me. He got some serious speed and stick-handling and is looking way better than last year.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I was there as well and I have almost the same players as you on my standout list, except for Erne, who I didn't see much from. I think Yan was the player that stood out the most to me. He got some serious speed and stick-handling and is looking way better than last year.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016

Yes, I agree. Some of the guys who haven't been hyped like Yan and Stephens seemed to stand out.

I couldn't get a good look at Hajek (the DeAngelo pick trade) what did you think of him?

Am I off base on Darcy. I wasn't expecting that.

Also, a 2nd on MaCleod might have been a mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Watch the 3 vs 3 tournament here on Periscope: https://www.periscope.tv/HockeyBay/1ynKOPOmaByGR

thank you sharing

thank you sharing:)

HowSweeeedeItIs

Jan 19, 2014
San Francisco
Yes, I agree. Some of the guys who haven't been hyped like Yan and Stephens seemed to stand out.

I couldn't get a good look at Hajek (the DeAngelo pick trade) what did you think of him?

Am I off base on Darcy. I wasn't expecting that.

Also, a 2nd on MaCleod might have been a mistake.

It's hard to judge defenders based on 3-on-3, but both Masin and Hajek look solid. It looks like Masin got a very weak shot, but I'm sure that can be improved. I agree on MacLeod, who looks pretty lost out there. I'll keep an eye on Darcy for the 3-on-3 today.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Keep in mind that Darcy is a player that got passed on two drafts. We picked him up as a 7th round 20 year old. At 22 he is 2 - 4 years older than anyone else in that camp same as Hart.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Once again the quality is complete crap! Glad they are streaming it but they need to up their game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad