Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
i have no doubt hyman is an nhl player, with his style of play, theres room for a player like him on the bottom 6 of almost every team

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Leivo. He has already proven that he can be an NHL calibre top 9 winger.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Carl Grundstrom and Bracco are so underrated, Valiev will never be an NHLer. Grundstrom is very very likely. Both shoulda been 16 and 17 respectively

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Man, this year's draft picks are being criminally underrated.

Grundstrom was a consensus Top 40 pick by scouting services.
Plays a gritty two-way go.
Plays in a mens league

He played on a poor team this passed season, and was highly coveted by other teams in the SHL

I'm with ya...

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
Then trade him now before people realize how soft he is.

man u must not watch games...how can any1 use the word 'soft' to describe hyman...he chases the puck and crashes into boards with such recklessness, he could be knocked out every game, but he still goes for it to make plays

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Leivo, Hyman, Bracco & Grundstrom probably round out the top 20

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
I think at this stage it is more about preferences of people between more for sure floor and higher ceiling.

I believe that players that got most votes can be described as following:
Leivo - pretty high chance that he is 3rd liner, but has some potential of 2nd line scorer; So for me, he will be #4W.
Hyman - even higher chance that he is 3rd liner, but has lower potential to become 2nd liner; For me #5W, but higher chance to achive it than Leivo.
Bracco - lower chance of making the NHL but has the highest ceiling of all remaining prospects, can become 1st liner; His potential #2W, but with lower chance.
Grundstorm - I would put him ahead of Leivo and Hyman on his ceiling, but can't comment on his chances to become NHL player. Probably higher than Leivo, on par with Hyman, because he was playing with man before his draft year. I see him as 2nd line winger, great compliment for Nylander. #3W.
Woll - has #1G potential, but we don't know how realistic it is. Is he really better than Bibeau?

People are also forgetting Lindberg, who had quite good numbers with BabySens and also showed quite well in NHL. I would put him close with Leivo and Hyman, maybe even ahead of them.

Also Corrado played in NHL this season, but it seems that his ceiling is #5D. Which is probably also a ceiling of Loov.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
I'm not so sure Grundström is underrated, didn't went high in a pretty weak draft.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
I'm not so sure Grundström is underrated, didn't went high in a pretty weak draft.

Thats quite subjective, really. We won't know for a few years, but there are some really talented players that got picked in the later rounds.

I should add, from what I've read, most people have been saying the top 75-100 picks are quite solid in this raft

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
err... they're comparing Lindberg to Alfredsson.
Either the writer is being a bit optimistic, or just loosely describing a playstyle, or we should have put the guy in ahead of Matthews for #1 on this list. ... He can't seriously have that kind of ceiling?

All they said about Alfredsson was this:

"Watching Lindberg play reminds some of another late round steal of the Sens – Daniel Alfredsson." And he was talking about watching him in junior.

You are taking the quote WAAAAAAAAAAAAY beyond it's intention.

Just because two players are mentioned in the same sentence, doesn't mean the person is saying they are and will be equal caliber players.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Lindberg was Ottawa's 7th best prospect last year and will probably not crack our top 20. http://mynhltraderumors.com/2015-16-ottawa-senators-top-10-prospects/2015/09/21/

Most of their prospects wouldn't crack our top 20. Bailey is one of their best wing prospects, and Rupert actually has a legit shot over there. That says something considering they would be at or near the bottom here. Even guys like Herzog, Cameranesi, Piccinich, etc. are quite a distance ahead of both, and they are at the bottom these days.

pedis

brochefs
Mar 14, 2014
mars
The fact we have 20 A or B prospects is incredible. Nobody can deny it's the best pool in the league.

Visit the mainboard once and you'll see it disputed quite a bit haha, I agree that Toronto has one of the best pools in the league but Winnipeg has an impressive pool aswell and don't forget about arizona, philly. It's gonna be competitive

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I just went back and looked through some of the prospect rankings threads from 2013.

It is really, really sad. But also a great lesson on overrating prospects. In a way, it's kinda fun to watch people talking about the likes of Matt Finn and Jerry D'amigo as if they were can't miss prospects.

Just something to keep in mind when you start to believe that all of our prospects are golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille