Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Auston Matthews -- 90.30%
2. Mitch Marner -- 77.42%
3. William Nylander -- 96.95%
4. Connor Brown -- 35.79%
5. Nikita Zaitsev -- 57.87%
6. Kasperi Kapanen -- 37.50%
7. Connor Carrick -- 35.27%
8. Travis Dermott -- 35.59%
9. Nikita Soshnikov -- 44.68%
10. Andreas Johnson -- 31.60%
11. Dmytro Timashov -- 26.03%
12. Kerby Rychel -- 42.38%
13. Andrew Nielsen -- 31.48%
14. Yegor Korshkov -- 32.60%
15. Brandon Leipsic -- 23.97%
16. Rinat Valiev -- 24.09%

Zach Hyman
Vladimir Bobylev
Martins Dzierkals
JD Greenway
Antoine Bibeau
Stephen Desrocher
Carl Grundstrom
Josh Leivo
Nikita Korostelev
Jeremy Bracco
Jesper Lindgren
Adam Brooks
Frederick Gauthier
Garret Sparks
Keaton Middleton
Frankie Corrado
Kasimir Kaskisuo
Tobias Lindberg
Joseph Woll
Viktor Loov

Fabrice Herzog
John Piccinich
Pierre Engvall
Nolan Vesey
Tony Cameranesi
Dominic Toninato
Dakota Joshua
Jack Walker
Nicolas Mattinen
Nikolai Chebykin

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10
Prospect Ranking #11
Prospect Ranking #11 Tie Breaker
Prospect Ranking #12
Prospect Ranking #13
Prospect Ranking #14
Prospect Ranking #15
Prospect Ranking #16

Suggest who I should add next. :D

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
My List

1) Matthews [1]
2) Marner [2]
3) Nylander [3]
4) Brown [4]
5) Dermott [8]
6) Johnson [10]
7) Korshkov [14]
8) Carrick [7]
9) Zaitsev [5]
10) Grundstrom
11) Kapanen [6]
12) Timashov [11]
13) Soshnikov [9]
14) Nielsen [13]
15) Rychel [12]
16) Woll
17) Greenway
18) Hyman
19) Bracco
20) Lindgren
21) Valiev [16]
22) Brooks
23) Leivo
24) Leipsic [15]
25) Gauthier
26) Dzierkals
27) Sparks
28) Lindberg
29) Corrado
30) Middleton
31) Kaskisuo
32) Bibeau

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
when Bracco/Grundstrom are ranked 17-18 in your prospect pool you know you are doing something right.

These guys might top 5 prospects in some pools and top 10 in most.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
when Bracco/Grundstrom are ranked 17-18 in your prospect pool you know you are doing something right.

These guys might top 5 prospects in some pools and top 10 in most.

We have Brown in the top 5 and Yegor Korshkov not even ranked yet and he is a better player.

I do not vote in these things as it is far to frustrating. I agree that Bracco/Grundstrom are top 10.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
We have Brown in the top 5 and Yegor Korshkov not even ranked yet and he is a better player.

Korshkov went #14.

I do not vote in these things as it is far to frustrating. I agree that Bracco/Grundstrom are top 10.

Just don't take it seriously. It's just a snapshot of what the board thinks of our prospects at this time. We'll be wrong on many things, but oh well.

Ramboshaw

Apr 9, 2012
Meadow Lake, SK
Bracco, Grundstrum, and Woll all close, but going with Bracco here. His vision is unreal. He has 2nd line potential for sure. Definitely not a "safe" pick but he could be a useful 2nd line player if a few other aspects of his game develops to the level of his vision on the ice.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Leivo isn't in good shape, babs wont put him on the team as a result.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I'm going with Hyman here. In these polls and especially this late, I like to take floor into account. Hyman is already an nhler and wasn't some scrub, he was effective. This is also why I'm going to start voting for the goat fairly soon. In the end a staple on the 3rd or 4th line is better than someone who may not make it at all.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
I still have some belief in Leivo...But after seeing how dominante Hyman was this year how could you not vote for him over leivo.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Man, this year's draft picks are being criminally underrated.

Grundstrom was a consensus Top 40 pick by scouting services.
Plays a gritty two-way game.
Plays in a mens league

He played on a poor team this passed season, and was highly coveted by other teams in the SHL

When MODO got relegated at the end of the season, top-ranked Frölunda and Skellefteå both wanted him to join their clubs, and he chose Frölunda due to its excellent development facilities

Link

Other interesting quotes from the linked article above:
"It is rare to see a player who can play more Canadian than Canadians themselves."

He is the big forward that we don't seem to get many of in Sweden, he is smart driven and my bet he will succeed. In Frölundas development it is difficult to see the ceiling, but I was high on him and I wanted Montreal to take him if we had a second round pick. - Montreal Scout

Last edited:

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
Grundstrom most likely turns out better then hyman and leivo, so.. Grundstrom.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
FC report on Grundstrom

Grundstrom is a creative offensive forward who can ll the net and plays with drive. He has some blazing speed and excellent agility, making him very hard to contain. He seemingly never stops moving his feet and can drive around players or just power through them. He can hurt you with a variety of different offensive tactics. Grundstrom loves to carry the puck and use his puck skills to get players drawn in before ripping off a shot toward the net. However, he is just as likely to drive the net to bang in a garbage goal or make a strong pass to a teammate who has a better vantage point. He sees the offensive zone well and nds holes to calmly create opportunity. Gr- undstrom is a great forechecker and hard on the backcheck; he will work his butt of through his entire shift. He looks to strip pucks as well as trying to remain an open option for outlet passes. He is not overly physical, but provides energy and will not shy away from rubbing opponents out. He’s a good complementary player on a top line along with two skilled players, but he does not create a lot of scoring chances on his own. He is a hard-working winger with a nice release and great attitude. He plays a simple game and is always trying to nd the shortest way to the net. Grundstrom is a good offensive complementary guy who has a lot of room to grow yet.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Ceiling is one thing, but Hyman is basically a given to be an NHL player in some capacity. Really should be gone at this point. We will not get 17+ NHL players out of this group. That's insane. Usually you get like 3-4-5 out of whatever is in your prospect pool at any given time.

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
Ceiling is one thing, but Hyman is basically a given to be an NHL player in some capacity. Really should be gone at this point. We will not get 17+ NHL players out of this group. That's insane. Usually you get like 3-4-5 out of whatever is in your prospect pool at any given time.

I wouldn't consider Hyman a surefire NHL player. There has been lots of Leafs prospect that look decent in their short stints in the NHL but never turned into anything and they did it at a younger age.

Sam Carrick had a solid stint in the 14-15 season and was a year younger than Hyman. Carrick is not an NHL player.

Stu Percy had a solid 9 games in the NHL, but he is not an NHL player.

Caputi, Ashton, D'amigo, Frattin all these guys had NHL "floors"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad