2016 LA Kings Offseason GDT IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
You both are great posters and have been both correct and wrong and no one sweeps it under the rug but if like myself come here multip,e times a day everyday for the last ten years , pointing out the obvious post after post, brown is not worth his contract, Richie is declining , mcnabb is being used wrong as he learns to play first pairing spot but at the same time complaining that we are not developing the young guys etc, gets old and repetitive and a lot of it is 20/20. Most of these "negative Nancy's as you put it say crap that makes you think the only sports they play is in their parents basement and then you get a poster like kingsfan1 that actually posted that he hopes we miss the playoffs next season so he can start a "told you so thread" If you are a knowledgeable hockey fan you seethe problems but believe it or not you can't do anything about it and harping on it makes it look like your just trying to be "the smartest guy on the post" and makes posting here less and less enjoyable , why to you think we have lost posters that had tens of thousands of post and would be here every night to discuss the team , we don't discuss moves we try to show how much smarter we are than hockey people who do this for a living, but do make mistakes but constantly second guessing them like we do esp the sekara trade and Lucic trade in hindsight but they made those moves to make us better and with the belief we could win another cup too bad it didn't workout but at least they made positive moves to win , too bad they didn't come here for advice, when you live in SoCal there are not a lot of people to talk hockey with and this site was much better than the other one , let's hope the next GM s initials are JC , he is the only one who doesn't make mistakes

If we only discussed the good moves, there wouldn't have been a Kings board for years and we wouldn't have much traffic the last two years.

It's one thing to say I hope they miss the playoffs and another to ask, honestly, why would a UFA want to come here right now if money and term is equal? The former is ridiculous while the latter is extremely topical and not a condemnation of one's fandom.

If things are currently not great and we can't discuss how/why things are not great, then what are we supposed to talk about? Just how great 2012-14 was?

I don't claim to have the answers and was fine with the Sekera and Lucic trades under the premise that they were going for it. They didn't get anything for it so now those moves are awful. Hell, I don't have a problem with Brown's contract when it was signed. My main gripe with DL is keeping Richards as that was the most obvious "don't do that man!" move he has made. Everything else had some sort of justification at the time.

JC? That's pretty over the top and nearly as ridiculous as those hoping they miss the playoffs for a "told you so" thread. I hope DL's current plan works and love the guy for what he has done. I don't want a new GM because, if he stays, that should mean that things are going well.

That being said, we are discussing the current team on Day 1 of free agency. Today's activities are a direct result of the decisions being questioned so it is very relevant to today while remembering that "Jazz Hands" happened two years ago is not relevant to the current state of the team. I hope to be talking about a new "Jazz Hands" type situation next June and the one after that and so on but all I can go on is what I'm looking at today and, unfortunately, it isn't terribly fun.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Teddy had a couple good years in Tampa.

I don't hate it but he is more of a set up man. Wonder if he gets paired with Carter and Toff?

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Wow, steal of a deal for a legit middle-six forward in Teddy Purcell. Still have cap space to do more.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
He will be fighting for a roster spot. It was a depth signing, like McBain

I hope McNabb makes some big strides this year then :/

I have a hard time getting upset over contracts 2 mill and less, so I'm okay with Purcell.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Gaborik-Kopitar-Purcell
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
King-Lewis-Brown
Clifford/Andreoff-Shore/Dowd-Latta

Nolan probably on IR when the season starts. There's your opening night lineup of 14 forwards, with 7 defensemen and 2 goaltenders. The Kings are done.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Can't believe Purcell is our first line winger. It would be a good pickup if we got him for the third line. I hope DL has one more move in him. Also, unless there is a trade in place, none of the kids will crack the lineup.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Can't believe Purcell is our first line winger. It would be a good pickup if we got him for the third line. I hope DL has one more move in him. Also, unless there is a trade in place, none of the kids will crack the lineup.

Good, none of them deserved too so far. Someone from the AHL will have to really show a stellar camp showing. Also play well in the limited minutes.

Just like it should be.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Good, none of them deserved too so far. Someone from the AHL will have to really show a stellar camp showing. Also play well in the limited minutes.

Just like it should be.

These boards will always have an unhealthy obsession with prospects

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
The LA Kings: When loyalty and long extensions bite you in the ass. This is a borderline playoff team

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I guess Brad Richards for 3rd Center ?

Cheap, one year deal as well ?

These rentals could turn out well, if they work out you can try to resign them without the risk of losing them to the expansion draft and if not you easily just walk away.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The LA Kings: When loyalty and long extensions bite you in the ass. This is a borderline playoff team

With Kopitar/Quick/Doughty/Carter/Toffoli/Muzzin/Pearson, playing like they did last year. The Kings will be in the playoffs again.

The team would have to get decimated by injuries or Kopitar/Doughty/Quick fall off a cliff, to not score above 92-95 points.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 1m1 minute ago
Chiarelli also said Lucic was offered a longer term... which means the Kings offered him an 8-year contract to stay.

Definitely wouldn't have had a NMC and I'm sure the dollar amount was less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad