2016 Hall Of Fame Results: Griffey Jr, Piazza inducted into the HoF

darko

Feb 16, 2009
He did have better stats as a Dodger but in this case I think it's the right call to go in as a Met. Even though seasons are 8 to 7, 250+ more games played as a Met tips it for me and because of that he has more hits, HR, etc as a Met. If he had won like multiple awards while being a Dodger then I could see it.

Agree.

He also had postseason success with the Mets.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
To me, Piazza is a Dodger.

It's where he came up, where he became a star, where he had his biggest seasons. 32 WAR as a Dodger to 24 WAR as a Met.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
But he shouldn't have. He was reportedly paid 6 figures by the Yankees to go in to Cooperstown in pinstripes. Player doesn't get to decide anymroe because of thigns like that and Boggs trying to get paid to go in as a Devil Ray.

Think he would have even if he wasn't paid. He didn't like getting traded from the A's.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
To me, Piazza is a Dodger.

It's where he came up, where he became a star, where he had his biggest seasons. 32 WAR as a Dodger to 24 WAR as a Met.

I disagree. In NY he became an even bigger star and basically carried them to the World Series by himself. Plus he became more popular there and had big moments like the first game after 9/11. He was more of a franchise icon there than LA.

Think he would have even if he wasn't paid. He didn't like getting traded from the A's.

Plus his time with the Yanks solidified the Mr October persona.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I disagree. In NY he became an even bigger star and basically carried them to the World Series by himself. Plus he became more popular there and had big moments like the first game after 9/11. He was more of a franchise icon there than LA.

Plus his time with the Yanks solidified the Mr October persona.

You're doing it wrong. Jackson was a much better player on the A's for a much longer time.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I would have loved to see Piazza go in as a Dodger and I hope they retire his number although that's highly unlikely but the choice of what he was going into the Hall as was pretty obvious here. Players aren't going to look at their WAR and say "Well my career WAR was 8 points higher in LA than in New York." They don't care.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
so i'm the only one who associates reggie with the orioles?
:sarcasm:

jackson should've gone in as an A but the yankees rolled out the big bucks and he was probably still bitter about getting traded. would've been cool to see piazza go in as a dodger but i don't think there was ever any doubt he'd go in as a met

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
But he shouldn't have. He was reportedly paid 6 figures by the Yankees to go in to Cooperstown in pinstripes. Player doesn't get to decide anymroe because of thigns like that and Boggs trying to get paid to go in as a Devil Ray.

His most memorable moments came as a Yankee both good and bad.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Can't agree.

Don't know how he becomes a 'bigger star' in NY when he was already a megastar and baseball's top catcher (along with Pudge) in LA, and when his numbers went into a continual decline with the Mets. He did have a great 2000 NLCS, but to me those 1993-97 years in LA were the pinnacle of his career, and probably the best 5-year offensive run for a catcher in the history of the sport.

4 of his top 5 MVP finishes were as a Dodger, as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad