2016 Hall Of Fame Results: Griffey Jr, Piazza inducted into the HoF

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Who will get in this year and who deserves to? Griffey is 57th in WAR and a lock. Who else deserves to get in this year? Piazza, Bagwell, Raines, Edmonds, Hoffman, Wagner?

FRESH FACES

Griffey, Edmonds, Hoffman, Wagner are not the only players to debut on this year’s BBWAA ballot. The other newcomers include Garret Anderson, Brad Ausmus, Luis Castillo, David Eckstein, Troy Glaus, Mark Grudzielanek, Mike Hampton, Jason Kendall, Mike Lowell, Mike Sweeney and Randy Winn.
http://baseballhall.org/hof/2016-bbwaa-ballot

RETURNING FACES

384 mike piazza 69.9%
306 jeff bagwell 55.7%
302 tim raines 55.0%

215 curt schilling 39.2%
206 roger clemens 37.5%
202 barry bonds 36.8%
166 lee smith 30.2%
148 edgar martinez 27.0%
138 alan trammell 25.1%
135 mike mussina 24.6%

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Deserves to:
Bonds
Griffey
Clemens
Piazza
Mussina
Raines

Will:
Griffey
Piazza
Hoffman

Watch Randy Winn get a vote

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
It's a sham when Tim ****ing Raines is going to make it to the hall, but Alan Trammell won't. Not to **** on Raines, but Trammell played a more important position, and had a higher career WAR. Though I guess Trammell's been getting shafted by the writers ever since the 87 mvp vote, so what should I expect.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
It's a sham when Tim ****ing Raines is going to make it to the hall, but Alan Trammell won't. Not to **** on Raines, but Trammell played a more important position, and had a higher career WAR. Though I guess Trammell's been getting shafted by the writers ever since the 87 mvp vote, so what should I expect.

They should both be in.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
If Bags doesn't get in, I'll be very upset. I might even consider writing a strongly worded letter to the idiot (Marty Noble) who only voted for Griffey and Jeff Kent.

If Biggio is in, Bagwell should be right beside him.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Griffey and Hoffman are sure locks to me.

Bagwell deserves to be in it as does Curt Shilling.

On a side note, I thought this was the year that Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez were on the ballot?

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Bagwell, Piazza, Griffey, and Raines are projected to get elected to the hall by the live ballot project.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'm not really paying attention to the steroid stuff right now. They should be in but it is what it is. Griffey is a lock but Piazza and Bagwell need and deserve to be in this year. ****ing love Bags, man.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
I'm not really paying attention to the steroid stuff right now. They should be in but it is what it is. Griffey is a lock but Piazza and Bagwell need and deserve to be in this year. ****ing love Bags, man.

I could easily make a case that Bagwell is a top 5 first baseman of all-time.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

But George Bell had a lot of HRs and RBIs in 1987, he surely deserved it!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00