GDT: 2016 Gold Medal Game • Russia vs. Finland pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temego

Mar 8, 2011
Unfortunately WJC is not at all a big thing here. I am sure other countries had once again much better ratings. I wonder how we could really become a hockey nation.

In general it isnt, but this year, being in Helsinki and getting alot of media coverage, I'd bet it got over two milloin viewers.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Cut the bandwagon crap. There has been an increasing interest for the past years. Only difference is that home tournament, prime time and on free-to-air tv unlike in previous years.

Expect only hardcore fans to watch games 3 am the morning next year.

I think there's always been interest in the WJC's in Finland, at least since 1998, I went to see one of Finlands games at Hartwall Areena and the place was rocking. It was on free tv back then too and I think the ratings were good, same thing in 2004.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Congrats Finland!
I hope we (the Jets) draft all your awesome talent! I recall we might have had a pretty good Fin play for the old Jets once upon a time...

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Sweden is actually kind of falling off the map for Finland. Players who have played for the national team this season have said in interviews that they get more pumped when playing against Russia, and that those games have a special feeling to them. Russia probably doesn't care that much, though. From one unrequited love to another. :sarcasm:

Lol yeah keep thinking that. Sweden and Finland will always be the biggest rivals.

Huge congrats, we'll probably have to wait another 31 years.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Congrats Finland!
I hope we (the Jets) draft all your awesome talent! I recall we might have had a pretty good Fin play for the old Jets once upon a time...

You could draft this one guy called Laine who I hear has a pretty good shot, just like that one other pretty good Finn you had.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Laine seems like a guy who'd take the wheel anyway. Seems like a funny guy, decent english as well.

I know. Kapanen kind of deserved the GWG but it would have been much sweeter if Laine would have burried a one-timer in a overtime.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
Congrats Finland!

So it would be only fitting that you take Laine.

Well you have Armia atm? :)

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
What a fantastic game. Happy for Finland was rooting for them. A team filled with great characters, they had a fantastic team this year. I also believe they had a bit luck in all three games in the play offs. But that is what great teams have, was hoping for a bit longer overtime game though...

Congrats Finland!

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Very Exciting Final

Congrats to Finland. Awesome tournament.

Congrats to Russia also. They played great as well.

chiken

Jan 5, 2016
Tbh, this was expected. Finland always lose one easy game in groups which makes the team gel together and then they play like a Suomi team should play.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
There are 4-5 guys on this finnish team who might become NHL stars. Another 2-3 who could very well be NHL regulars.

But I am pretty sure Laine is a team mate and fan favourite in the making.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I don't see any evidence of Kamenev hitting an official. I do see the official bloody hand though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad