2016 Flyers Prospect Development Camp Schedule & Roster

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Kling was a hazard in the playoffs when it matter and he took a pounding too.

I'm sorry that 58 points in 76 games during the regular season is a bad thing. But yeah, Klingberg's defense has always been suspect and Sanheim has a lot of time to fix his D-game. Also, he's listed as 6'2" at 180, which seems pretty light for his height. At least Karlsson is 191 for being 6 foot. Sanheim is now over 200 lbs for being 6'4". He's building muscle up and getting better at his D game. I think when he makes it to the NHL, he'll be well built and ready for the slog.

So was Shea Weber. Players can have bad series.

Weber was pretty terrible. He didn't have a great regular season either. Even Josi didn't have a great playoffs.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The beauty of Sanheim is actually in Provorov.

Provorov seems more NHL ready and with the addition of Ghost last year. It gives the Flyers potentially a solid Top 4, allowing us to bake Morin & Sanheim longer, hopefully able to fix any flaws in there makeups. Morin is already moving along nicely, I'm very confident we will see him up this year and he'll be in the Top 6 next year. Sanehim along the same path, maybe a call up next year.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The beauty of Sanheim is actually in Provorov.

Provorov seems more NHL ready and with the addition of Ghost last year. It gives the Flyers potentially a solid Top 4, allowing us to bake Morin & Sanheim longer, hopefully able to fix any flaws in there makeups. Morin is already moving along nicely, I'm very confident we will see him up this year and he'll be in the Top 6 next year. Sanehim along the same path, maybe a call up next year.

And Myers will be really slow cooked. I would not be surprised to see another year of Jr and 2 years of AHL. Then replace Gudas.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
And Myers will be really slow cooked. I would not be surprised to see another year of Jr and 2 years of AHL. Then replace Gudas.

That's exactly how I see Myers' development going too. I don't expect to see him until the 19-20 season. Maybe a late season call-up at the end of 18-19..aka the year we win the Cup. :yo:

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I'm sorry that 58 points in 76 games during the regular season is a bad thing. But yeah, Klingberg's defense has always been suspect and Sanheim has a lot of time to fix his D-game. Also, he's listed as 6'2" at 180, which seems pretty light for his height. At least Karlsson is 191 for being 6 foot. Sanheim is now over 200 lbs for being 6'4". He's building muscle up and getting better at his D game. I think when he makes it to the NHL, he'll be well built and ready for the slog.

Weber was pretty terrible. He didn't have a great regular season either. Even Josi didn't have a great playoffs.
I like all the players mentioned. Weber and Josi are used way to much.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I like all the players mentioned. Weber and Josi are used way to much.

So they should exempt them from the conversation? Both are players with size and skill and they sure as hell **** the bed against teams in the playoffs. Also, with Klingberg, even though his offense is good, the Dallas team as a whole defensively was quite awful. Even Doughty, who won the Norris trophy, looked pretty bad in the playoffs.

What I'm getting at is, you specifically picked Klingberg being knocked around and pounded on the playoffs when these better and legit D-men have shown that they **** the bed as well. Also, using Klingberg's playoff performace to show why Sanheim's game won't work in the NHL is just hilarious and you had to stretch so far for that that I'm pretty sure your arm fell off.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm sorry that 58 points in 76 games during the regular season is a bad thing. But yeah, Klingberg's defense has always been suspect

Eh. No one is confusing him for being a defensive stud like Nick Schultz (;)), but I don't buy that he's not good defensively. In terms of zone starts and quality of competition, everyone in Dallas's top 4 saw about the same usage give or take. So he absolutely faces top competition, and I wouldn't call him sheltered by any means. And he simply slays in those minutes. Much like Karlsson (though he's a bit more extreme example), he is good defensively, just not in the trench battling, shot blocking way that is superficially called "good defense." His bread and butter is preventing zone entries and stellar zone exits.

Even in the playoffs, he was actually the best shot suppression d man on the team. And that's saying nothing about his mind blowing offensive abilities.

Phunhog

Jul 18, 2007
So nobody did a video piece of the trial on the aisle this year? Didn't see any on Flyers.com or CSN.

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
He's not like ghost where he pushes the play and reads and reacts to everything. Sanheim has the tools but plays a forward thinking game which won't translate to nhl I don't think. Provy plays the whl players like he will in the nhl with solid rock d with nice outlet passes. Sanheim thinks hes a forwards and that won't work in the nhl but that's what makes him standout in the dub.

His style of play does stand out, especially on the rush, but it doesn't mean it can't be translated or adjusted to the NHL. Brent Burns was drafted and has played in the NHL as a forward and has used his attacking offensive skills to become one of the most valuable d-men in the league.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hakstol actually likes one defenseman to play almost like a forward, but it requires the judgment when to be aggressive in the O-zone and when to play it safe.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Cool man thanks. No more softball game? I know it's (baseball really, not softball) America's Pastime, but it always amazed me how bad their swings were. Do kids from other hockey first countries play baseball/softball during the summer?

Back in the day, at least in Canada...I knew a lot of hockey players who played fast pitch softball during their summers. The guys who wanted to stay in shape played soccer from what I can recall. Nowadays I believe that most have training regimens and personal trainers that keep them busy throughout. I don't notice as many playing anymore.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
[/B]

Back in the day, at least in Canada...I knew a lot of hockey players who played fast pitch softball during their summers. The guys who wanted to stay in shape played soccer from what I can recall. Nowadays I believe that most have training regimens and personal trainers that keep them busy throughout. I don't notice as many playing anymore.

That matches what I went thru.

Played hockey in the winter, baseball in the summer. Also ran track and was on the swim team to keep in shape. Back then, summer hockey only happened in the cities and not small towns so no ice time except for a 1 week hockey summer school.

But that certainly has changed now. Hockey is more year round and there are summer leagues, off ice training, etc... I actually think kids overdo it now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad