Prospect Info: 2016 Draft | Trading Down From #4 Less Likely Now According to Stauffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
If Dubois can play offside RW and MT can't, I wonder if Oilers prefer Dubois as our RW depth isn't great.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Don't even start with the JF Jacques and MA Pouliot comps to Dubois. Not even close.
Dubois had definable attributes, puck hungry. The guy doesn't stop when the puck isn't on his stick. This is the biggest difference between him and Tkachuk. Tkachuk might have an edge 10 feet from the net in, but Dubois is better everywhere else on the ice.

Haven't we seen enough offensive players who don't back check? Time to bring in some guys who love stealing the puck and hate turning it over. Dubois please.

That said, the Oilers have been telegraphing Tkachuk. I'm expecting him tho be the pick unless there are some trades.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
This poster is still a better evaluater of talent than Scott Howson

^i'm still wondering why our 2 glorious scouts Howson and MacT still have jobs? i'll tell you this, we know from past drafts what type of players MacT likes to choose so we'll see after Saturday what the final tally looks like and whether or not Howson/MacT had a lot of influence on what type of players were taken. (hint: MacT likes taking players that played like he did....average sized "2 way players" such as Kyle Platzer, Marco Roy and the like. watch to see how many of these types show up on the final draft list for the Oilers!). ;)

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
^i'm still wondering why our 2 glorious scouts Howson and MacT still have jobs? i'll tell you this, we know from past drafts what type of players MacT likes to choose so we'll see after Saturday what the final tally looks like and whether or not Howson/MacT had a lot of influence on what type of players were taken. (hint: MacT likes taking players that played like he did....average sized "2 way players" such as Kyle Platzer, Marco Roy and the like. watch to see how many of these types show up on the final draft list for the Oilers!). ;)

We'll see how many family members he meets in airport bathrooms.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Just wondering....

Leafs take Matthews

Jets surprise and take Puljujarvi

Jackets surprise and take Tkachuk

Is it actually possible for the Oilers to walk away with Laine?

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Just wondering....

Leafs take Matthews

I would say very unlikely, the jets pass is a perhaps but i don;t think so. The jackets would be idiots to pass on Laine.

I'd also say that if Laine was there at 4 it would throw a wrench in for me into a subban deal. McDavid and Laine for 10 plus years would be unbelievable.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Just wondering....

Leafs take Matthews

I can't imagine this ever happening. There are scouts that have Laine #1. Nobody has Tkachuk #1.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
That's not happening. Jets probably won't even pass on Laine, let alone Columbus.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
Yeah, Jets/CBJ not taking Laine isn't a possibility. CBJ not taking Pulj is a possibility, not a great one, but more likely than zero.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Bob McKenzie on TSN 1050: "CBJ options are trade the pick or conceivably go off the board at three."

I have a feeling there is a 5% chance Laine drops to 4.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Don't even start with the JF Jacques and MA Pouliot comps to Dubois. Not even close.
Dubois had definable attributes, puck hungry. The guy doesn't stop when the puck isn't on his stick. This is the biggest difference between him and Tkachuk. Tkachuk might have an edge 10 feet from the net in, but Dubois is better everywhere else on the ice.

Haven't we seen enough offensive players who don't back check? Time to bring in some guys who love stealing the puck and hate turning it over. Dubois please.

That said, the Oilers have been telegraphing Tkachuk. I'm expecting him tho be the pick unless there are some trades.

yea, typical Oiler Brass mentality.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009

I am fine with both players. Everyone was on the Dubois train after the NA draft scouting rankings and i harped in for Tkachuk because i like to play devils advocate.

Basically i dont care which one we take. They didnt invite Dubois to the Katz house apparently. Could be that CLB is drafting Dubois and the Oilers know?? I dont know why they wouldnt invite Dubois

Dubois had a dynamite prospects game. Tkachuk looked good too...and also ronning but Dubois was rediculous.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Just wondering....

Leafs take Matthews

Jets wont do that--I can see the BJS take Tkachuk-not the jets

Laine is just too good

the jets report is the SAME report that comes out every year--they put put the "we're not sure about player X" to see what teams have to offer

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Just wondering....

Leafs take Matthews

I see the CLB taking Dubois... Chances are Pul drops but Laine might drop. Lots of people are not impressed by Pul.

Its a weird draft year. your 1st pick was playing in the easiest league possible. none of the top 3 played on nhl sized ice.

I dont think ive ever seen the crazy spread of scouting opinion at the top of the draft, like i have this year. teams seem to have very strong opinions against some players.
i AM ALMOST 100% CONVINCED that Matthews WILL NOT be the best of his draft year. I also think 90% chance he isnt even the best at C for the draft

Last edited:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Bob McKenzie on TSN 1050: "CBJ options are trade the pick or conceivably go off the board at three."

I have a feeling there is a 5% chance Laine drops to 4.

Laine would be big and its unrealistic to me he drops but I am hopeful on Puljujarvi in a oil jersey tonight.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
No matter what the Oilers had better not pull off any trade with the Habs until they are on the clock at 4.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
No matter what the Oilers had better not pull off any trade with the Habs until they are on the clock at 4.

Guearanteed if a trade does happen. He will wait until Columbus has their stuff figured out. So we will not know until then or Bettman walks up at #4 announcing a trade trade if it comes to that. You know he's genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad