2016 Draft Thread III (June 24-25, 7PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
We just watched LE a team loaded with speed and skill and probably all liked what we saw. Id like to add to the pure skill and speed we have coming. We still have the garbage goal guys and physical guys

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
So? Your statement is just flat out wrong. Puljujärvi is SO much better and we need him SO much more.

Better at what exactly? Against what competition?

In the end, I think Jarmo has assembled a good group of scouts and I trust them more than me. But this pick worries me.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

In the end, I think Jarmo has assembled a good group of scouts and I trust them more than me. But this pick worries me.

I don't know what you're getting at Lee, Jesse is a good bit younger and unlike Tkachuk he's been playing against men. And better at what? He's an infinitely better skater, for one. Imagine Jake Voracek with better shooting and finishing.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Bigger, better skater, more skill (IMO), etc.... How in the world can this pick worry you? We are about to draft the best player we have ever drafted. Yes, better than Nash or anyone else we have drafted before.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I don't know what you're getting at Lee, Jesse is a good bit younger and unlike Tkachuk he's been playing against men. And better at what? He's an infinitely better skater, for one. Imagine Jake Voracek with better shooting and finishing.

Don't expect me to double down :sarcasm:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'll go so far as to say Matthew Tkachuk is exactly what the CBJ needs instead of Puljujärvi. (DUCKS)
Yeah, I said it. :popcorn:

Why? I'd rather have Puljujarvi because of his playmaking abilities and if not him I think I'd rather have Dubois because of his versatility. Curious as to why you think Tkachuk is what we need.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Then wait on Josh Anderson.

Other than the rough edges I don't see the connection. Anderson is bigger and way faster, and a better hitter and 200 ft player. Everything else Tkachuk is better. They are the polar opposite when it comes to puck skills. Tkachuk is more like Rychel if Rychel was more talented with the puck.

Kyyrii

May 30, 2016

I remember reading one of Jarmo's interviews where he told that during last two seasons he has read about 100 scouting reports from both Laine and Pulju. So I do think that he knows what he is doing and what he is getting.

Light the Lamp

Apr 21, 2015
I'm going with:

"We have a trade to announce"

My guess - They will use the pick to acquire a future 2nd round pick (to replace the one we have to give for Torts) and dispose of a contract of hindrance. The main piece, I have no clue. Maybe a top center, or just trade down a few spots.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I'm going with:

My guess - They will use the pick to acquire a future 2nd round pick (to replace the one we have to give for Torts) and dispose of a contract of hindrance. The main piece, I have no clue. Maybe a top center, or just trade down a few spots.

we don't have to give up a pick for 3 years...we won't replace it now...plenty of time and trade deadlines for that

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm going with:

If they do that I will set the world on fire.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I'm going with:

This sounds depressing. And not at all likely.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'm going with:

Using Draft picks are more valuable than trading for veterans this year. Unless it's a clear first line player coming back, anything else mens just one more player who will need exposed at the expansion draft.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I cannot imagine them trading the Number 3 pick with the expansion draft looming.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Lee, I too think Tkachuk is perfect for the team and i was ALL for him being the pick at 4. But we moved up and Puljujärvi is an absolute steal at 3 IMO

We run to the stage, make the announcement and then celebrate the grand larceny we got away with.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I cannot imagine them trading the Number 3 pick with the expansion draft looming.

They need to keep the fans interested. If they move the pick to dump a bad salary it tells the fans loud and clear that we're in for a long process. Now indeed it likely will take us time, but they still need to sell tickets.

Now if you had a new Front Office you could do something like that, but not now.

jacketman10

May 18, 2010
Hilliard, OH
It's got to be Jesse. We moved up finally and would be shown to be the idiots we seem to be by not making the clear cut choice. Best rule is to draft BPA. it's not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad