2016 Draft Thread | 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
the talent in this draft drops off a cliff after the mid 2nd

could always be wrong but yeah strong top 20, weak everywhere else compared to the last 3 years

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Would anyone preferred if they took Logan Brown over Olli Juolevi? If we just forget about Tkachuk for a minute.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Might sounds childish here but seriously though:
**** Columbus

It's funny for me, all the people pissed off at Columbus for taking the guy who for me, was the 3rd best prospect in the draft...at pick #3. :laugh:

I mean, it sucks for us and i really thought there was a chance he'd make it to #5. My heart sank when it happened. But he didn't make it to #5, and it's kinda hard to be too mad at them for making a decision i think was the right one, with their pick that happened to be ahead of ours.

Yes please! Might get a chance at Mascherin/Abramov and Dineen too. Fingers crossed.

But gut tells me they will go USHL proper like Allison/Filipe/Peeke or something like that.

Certainly seems like a possibility those small CHLers make it to our pick somehow. At least one of them.

I'd be really into Allison if he makes it to our pick. Don't have a ton of exposure to him, but he seems really intriguing. Would fit really well with the sort of team they want to build here and obviously the USHL factor could mean something for Brackett. Sounded like he was gathering a lot of steam moving up boards after his beastly playoffs though. Doubt he's there.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Missed posting it pre-draft with all the rest of the cool kids. Didn't have my handy-dandy spreadsheet handy at the time for convenient posting. But i'll post it now anyway, much too late, because why not.

Top-21 for me, as that's where the draft falls off to a total crapshoot. Basically to the end of what i'd call "1st round talents".

1.Auston Matthews.
2.Patrik Laine.
------------------------------
3.Pierre-Luc Dubois.
4.Matthew Tkachuk.
5.Olli Juolevi.
6.Jesse Puljujarvi.
7.Jake Bean.
8.Tyson Jost.
9.Jakob Chychrun.
10.Mikhail Sergachev.
11.Kieffer Bellows.
12.Charlie McAvoy.
13.Michael McLeod.
14.Logan Brown.
15.Alexander Nylander.
16.Dante Fabbro.
17.Julien Gauthier.
18.Dennis Cholowski.
19.Luke Kunin.
20.Brett Howden.
21.Max Jones.

In b4 "you forgot Keller" and "Puljujarvi is a top-3 lock". :D

Though Puljujarvi going to Edmonton has the Oilers uncanny ability to ruin prospects going for it, the idea of him playing with McDavid will probably make me look stupid. You could probably play a monkey alongside him and have it end up looking like a decent draft pick. But i stand by not being as sold on him as others.

Gauthier makes me the most nervous of everything. There are a lot of red flags with him, but a guy that big, that fast, with those sort of goal-scoring instincts...Hard to brush off. Just a really uncomfortable evaluation with so many big + and - polarizing factors.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'm fully expecting Ronning if he's on the table. I believe he was the first profile put up on the Canucks YouTube channel.

idk, most of the profiles they did were conveniently local kids...or obviously top prospects expected to go somewhere near the Canucks 1st round pick.

I wouldn't read that much into it.

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
The Leafs will have made 8 draft picks before we make our 2nd (not including today) lmao. This team smh.

nazzy_012

Nov 22, 2006
After all of the lead up to this draft, I was so badly hoping for PLD because I thought he could be a number 1 center, the fact that cbj broke the "top 3" to take him shows you how highly teams covet that kind of player

It sucks that most high level hockey people's mock draft didn't allow us to select PLD but in all fairness, we didn't win a lottery position and therefore were at the mercy of the other 4 teams

Such is life for a Canucks fan, let's hope juolevi is that guy that out of no where goes a point a game like karlsson and we all look foolish :handclap:

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Defensman are harder to find than forwards. Teams have no choice but to draft and develop their own or overpay to get them. Good news is Olli is eligible to play in the AHL next season instead of the NHL or Juniors rule.l looks like Benning Is building from the back end first.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
It's funny for me, all the people pissed off at Columbus for taking the guy who for me, was the 3rd best prospect in the draft...at pick #3. :laugh:

I mean, it sucks for us and i really thought there was a chance he'd make it to #5. My heart sank when it happened. But he didn't make it to #5, and it's kinda hard to be too mad at them for making a decision i think was the right one, with their pick that happened to be ahead of ours.

Certainly seems like a possibility those small CHLers make it to our pick somehow. At least one of them.

I'd be really into Allison if he makes it to our pick. Don't have a ton of exposure to him, but he seems really intriguing. Would fit really well with the sort of team they want to build here and obviously the USHL factor could mean something for Brackett. Sounded like he was gathering a lot of steam moving up boards after his beastly playoffs though. Doubt he's there.

CBJ should have taken either whatever EDM would give them, or whatever we would have given them. Come away with the player you like plus an asset. Even if it is just a late round pick you are still ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad