2016 Draft Thread | 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
McAvoy tweeted he hates the Bruins so much. Imagine if Juolevi tweeted that he hated the Canucks at one point, it would be a massive reaction here

no one cares about the canucks anymore so we won't have to worry about inflammatory tweets like that

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
That one flames fan who wanted us to take a d-man so bad so the flames could get Tkachuk got his wish lol.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
I don't think we'll pick that high if we sign Lucic or Eriksson, and especially if we somehow sign both. Like the pick regardless lol.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Ppl were disappointed they fell from top 3 at the lottery draft and now most ppl are disappointed with picking a dman this draft.

Can the canucks make it 3/3 and disappoint once again on july 1st when they overpay for FAs and giving them long term contracts

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I don't understand why everyone is so upset with juolevi!? We need some good d prospects. Juolevi will be real good. I think we arguably picked the best player available at 5 (tkachuk/juolevi). Would've been nice to get PLD or JP, yes but not if we had to give up our left arm for them. So chill the **** out juolevi is good and will be a solid nhl d for us.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I don't think we'll pick that high if we sign Lucic or Eriksson, and especially if we somehow sign both. Like the pick regardless lol.

I think your over valuing the impact Lucic would have here... If oilers make the move for a top pairing D man with moving RNH and Yaks they will be better than us. McDavid and Hall and Draisaitl and Puljujarvi is a great one two, if they add a D man and upgrade goaltending they may just finally turn the corner. Flames are looking very good now too. Add the Ducks and SJ and LA, we will be at the drop of our divs

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I don't understand why everyone is so upset with juolevi!? We need some good d prospects. Juolevi will be real good. I think we arguably picked the best player available at 5 (tkachuk/juolevi). Would've been nice to get PLD or JP, yes but not if we had to give up our left arm for them. So chill the **** out juolevi is good and will be a solid nhl d for us.

Because we missed out on PLD. Big loss there.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
I think your over valuing the impact Lucic would have here... If oilers make the move for a top pairing D man with moving RNH and Yaks they will be better than us. McDavid and Hall and Draisaitl and Puljujarvi is a great one two, if they add a D man and upgrade goaltending they may just finally turn the corner. Flames are looking very good now too. Add the Ducks and SJ and LA, we will be at the drop of our divs

I simply disagree :D

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006

We waited 17 years to pick in the top 5 to draft a Hamhuis???? A solid guy who is not exceptional at anything but solid. Zzzzzzzzzz

I liked every single player in the top 11 more than this pick. Would rather have Sergachev who has more upside and outweighs him by 30 Lbs. and ****ing trade down and not reach. Do something smart Benning, just for once!

To be fair, the pick is not BPA, but its not egregious. He's not Hamhuis, He's Vlasic, or Ohlund.... maybe A.Larsson? Hamhuis is a mid range #2, I think Juolevi is a top end #2 if he realizes potential.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
no **** us

we got duped by Edmonton and Montreal trading up for PLD

Could have easily been Puljujarvi to us

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
To be fair, the pick is not BPA, but its not egregious. He's not Hamhuis, He's Vlasic, or Ohlund.... maybe A.Larsson? Hamhuis is a mid range #2, I think Juolevi is a top end #2 if he realizes potential.
Fair guess. The thing is that the future is not written no one knows how they will turn out. I think OJ might have much more offensive talent than people think. London has huge offensive production but their d is not that involved. They play 4 forwards for the whole pp and have the forwards where their d do not need to join the rush.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010

Why will LA keep being very good? They missed the playoffs two years ago. It is also possible for SJ to drop back. The flames looked good last year as well. Oilers are on the rise. Phoenix is a wildcard. If the Canucks get two good wingers and stay healthy they can compete game to game do that long enough they might be in the playoffs. We overrate other teams.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Ppl were disappointed they fell from top 3 at the lottery draft and now most ppl are disappointed with picking a dman this draft.

Can the canucks make it 3/3 and disappoint once again on july 1st when they overpay for FAs and giving them long term contracts
54380237.jpg

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Just find a way benning to get benson, it's not hard.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Noah Gregor
Jonathan Dahlen
Ryan Lindgren
Janne Kuokkanen

and heck maybe even Tyler Benson at 63 is my hope

Yes please! Might get a chance at Mascherin/Abramov and Dineen too. Fingers crossed.

But gut tells me they will go USHL proper like Allison/Filipe/Peeke or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad