2016 Draft: 9th Pick: Vincent Desharnais

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Xerkaj(sp?) is likely a top 5 heavy, so guys will take notice. Add in that Arber got hurt (albeit not from Vinny punching him) and people will know that he's no pushover. We are a much tougher club with Kostin and Vinny in the lineup.
Oilers with a lot of physical play lately. I guess if you have a toug h team, it is fu n to play tough.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Hard to believe that a ninth-rounder could become an important part of the lineup so quickly. The drafting and development have been really good in the last few years. I wonder what has changed. :)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Xerkaj(sp?) is likely a top 5 heavy, so guys will take notice. Add in that Arber got hurt (albeit not from Vinny punching him) and people will know that he's no pushover. We are a much tougher club with Kostin and Vinny in the lineup.
I think Xanadu got hurt when he tried to punch Vinnie, and Vinnie blocked him and wrecked his shoulder. He is a beast.:D

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Size is so important. heh

Just such a badass nature to it if you can use it.

Lights out Deonte, time to go to sleep.

looks like Xerkass got his.

1676342152480.png

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Hard to believe that a ninth-rounder could become an important part of the lineup so quickly. The drafting and development have been really good in the last few years. I wonder what has changed. :)
Stop drafting only alberta boys or relatives..?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I loved how he laid the law down with Greenway around the net yesterday. Greenway wanted to instigate and try to intimidate and Vinny gave him both barrels and IMO caught Greenway by surprise. No more shithousery from Greenway after that.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I loved how he laid the law down with Greenway around the net yesterday. Greenway wanted to instigate and try to intimidate and Vinny gave him both barrels and IMO caught Greenway by surprise. No more shithousery from Greenway after that.
He battled very hard. He had some struggles, but for his first time in the lineup in a 12-6 set up, I thought he was decent.

And his aggressive toughness is appreciated

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Greenway has always struck me as a bit of a phoney-tough guy. Throws his weight around and yaps a lot but backs down when challenged. Good on Vinny for taking zero crap.

Reactions: K1984 and Oilhawks

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Greenway has always struck me as a bit of a phoney-tough guy. Throws his weight around and yaps a lot but backs down when challenged. Good on Vinny for taking zero crap.
I wouldn't say phony, but he's not a guy that really looks for it. I love Vinny's mean streak, he laid the law down right then and there.

Reactions: BudBundy

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

i thought of greenway as like...penner...light.....until he got up in nurse's face about his contract and now...i guess....he is an agitator?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He battled very hard. He had some struggles, but for his first time in the lineup in a 12-6 set up, I thought he was decent.

And his aggressive toughness is appreciated
I would've thought going to a 12-6 would be better for the guy. Consistent partner which takes away the whole "who the f*** is on the other side of the ice and how do they play".

Not a lot of guys ever played in a 11-7 system before. Sure for our makeup of the team our elite forwards make the 11 work, but given the struggles our defense has had I don't know that adding more confusion to the mix was going to be a long-term answer.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I would've thought going to a 12-6 would be better for the guy. Consistent partner which takes away the whole "who the f*** is on the other side of the ice and how do they play".

Not a lot of guys ever played in a 11-7 system before. Sure for our makeup of the team our elite forwards make the 11 work, but given the struggles our defense has had I don't know that adding more confusion to the mix was going to be a long-term answer.
I guess. These guys are pros and know what's going on. Kulak knows he's got a young guy on his right side. Ekholm knows he's going to rotate partners depending on the situation, same with Nurse.

11 and 7 may not be that common, but like you said, having elite forwards allows this team to do that, and it helps the defense. Nurse gets more rest and help. Bouchard doesn't get as much tough defensive spots. It works, because it's guys that fill roles. It helps when a defenseman goes to the box or gets nicked up.

I like it for this team.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Desharnais was also not on any ES goal against tonight in a night where McDraiHyman were a combined-9.

Maybe it's time his TOI is upped
He played 16 miniutes.

Is he the 6th D or the 7th D here?

Does he plays best with Kulak or Nurse or Broberg?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad