2016 Draft: 1st Pick: Jesse Puljujarvi

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I'm suddenly much less concerned about who gets traded away for defence now.

I posted earlier that Puljujarvi slipping to 4 was my dream scenario and it actually came true.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
I don't like this at all as a Wild fan maybe it is because I still think you as our divisional rival. You got one heck of player and I don't think his best trait is his skill but his character. You better get better.

That said you are winners this evening and hopefuly someday you won't think Wild as a boring team.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
He can one-time a puck from the left side. He's instantly our best PP option.

You know his shot is harder than Laine's? Pulju has already 100 mph shot.

EDIT: I think I have to mention that it is harder but not better as in release and killer instict.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Braincramp. But I'm really happy for Jesse to land in Edmonton, instead of the void of Cbj.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
One thing to consider: maybe there was a deal for a D at 4 that fell off when JP fell

What if it costed Subban?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Lol, so eerie I was watching Youtube vids of him again 2 days ago knowing we probably wouldn't get him, but lo and behold.

He's totally got that Oilers-ish Finnish guy thing going on. Our forward group is not going to be small any more and he's fast too. Really pleased.

Dimensha

Jul 14, 2010
I believe he is AHL eligible, which is awesome if he isn't ready for the NHL yet, much better than having to send a kid back to Junior.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Still, realistically he will play the coming season in the Finnish league.
So will probably Laine and Aho. Maybe not Laine.
But thats better than AHL for development for any above 3rd liner.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Still, realistically he will play the coming season in the Finnish league.
So will probably Laine and Aho. Maybe not Laine.
But thats better than AHL for development for any above 3rd liner.

I don't think he's playing in Finland next year.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
wooo!!! can't believe he fell to us… Mcdavid, Drai, Pulj and a couple of Hall, RNH and Ebs. easily best top 6 in league.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hall and Eberle never really seemed like the ideal fits with McDavid, Puljujarvi could be the perfect fit. Excellent.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Hall and Eberle never really seemed like the ideal fits with McDavid, Puljujarvi could be the perfect fit. Excellent.

Eberle is definitely a good fit with McDavid but I agree that Pulju's game fits in perfectly with McDavid. Lucic on the left side would perfect it. :sarcasm:

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
HOLY CRAP!!! WE ACTUALLY GOT PULJUJARVI!!!!!!!
1OIrf.gif

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I say pass on Lucic now. We're not so small upfront anymore ... Puljujarvi (6'4), Maroon (6'3), and Kassian (6'3) give all three lines a huge winger and we got a big center now too in Draisaitl (6'2).

Keep that cap space, it's more valuable than water in a desert. We need to at minimum get some veteran help on the D in terms of short term fillers if we can't land a big fish D, but otherwise we are set up front.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I don't think he's playing in Finland next year.

Yeah, the only way he's in Finland next year is if he's demoted to the AHL and it looks like he will stay there all year. Then we might see a mid-year transfer.

He seems likely for 2RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad