GDT: 2016 Beanpot Final - Feb 8 7:30 PM BU vs BC - NESN, TSN 1 and TSN 3

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
The power outage was interesting.

To bado they didn't televise northeasterns beatdown of Harvard. Nu hasn't won but these seniors went to 3 finals and never lost. Nu is making improvements.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
This is more like the 'snoozepot' man bad college hockey games are seriously flat out bad. Im ready for them to remove the full shields and go away from gladiator hockey all these kids played half shield USJHL or similar in Canadian Jrs too.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Demko just got ran the **** over after Ryan Fitzgerald had a breakaway for BC and got upended with no penalty and BU comes back and their player smashes into Demko. Pretty crazy game

hooked

Jul 6, 2005
damn power outage. I added another 30 min to the end of the game on the DVR and the recording ended with 1:01 left in the 3rd.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
damn power outage. I added another 30 min to the end of the game on the DVR and the recording ended with 1:01 left in the 3rd.

They're replaying it from 3 to 5 in the afternoon on NESN. I imagine it's kinda spoiled for ya, since you're here, but...if you really want to watch it, it's still out there. Plus, I'd bet NESN at least has the goal somewhere on their site (although lately, assuming hockey websites to be functional and not designed by a 8 year old with severe myopia and ADD is a bad assumption, so it may not exist...I'm lookin' at you, NHL.com)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I went - it was a classic.

Steve Buckley captures it

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/2016/02/buckley_goalie_duel_a_causeway_classic

Last night’s Beanpot took a sledge hammer to everyone’s schedules. Hey, if the Beanpot has taught us anything, it’s that you’re best off leaving your watch at home when you head out to the Garden.

And, in some cases, your day planner as well. Let’s begin with the foreboding weather report from Sunday night, which no doubt had Beanpot purists awakening yesterday morning worrying that this latest Beanpot/Green Line showdown between the Eagles and Terriers might be delayed a week or two.

Nothing new there, right? It happened as recently as last year. Turns out the weather, while snowy and cold, wasn’t so bad that the Beanpot politburo felt the need to turn out the Garden lights last night and postpone it.

Which was fine, except that someone did shut out the lights, or something like that. There was a first-period power outage at the Garden, stopping the game for 29 minutes and bringing back a lot of not so fond memories for oldtimers who remember when these kind of things happened fairly often at the original, ancient and long-gone Orr-Espo-Schmidt-Russell-Havlicek-Bird Boston Garden.

Whatever was broke eventually was fixed. and the game remained a scoreless tie for 60 minutes, with Maguire and Demko answering each other’s fine stops.

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Props to Nikki Reyes for one of the worst interviews I have ever seen at the conclusion of the game.

Her demeanor and choice of questions for Maguire were awful. The look on his face said it all, the "I-can't-believe-you-just-asked-me-that" look.

Awful. Just awful.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
What was with the constant sound of a ringing post throughout the whole game on the broadcast? It was driving me nuts.

Was one of the goalies constantly tapping the post with his stick or something?

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Originally posted by Kate08
What was with the constant sound of a ringing post throughout the whole game on the broadcast? It was driving me nuts.

Was one of the goalies constantly tapping the post with his stick or something?

To Tom Caron's (or NESN staff's) credit, video during a face-off break showed that it was Maguire constantly hitting the post with his stick during the action as a way to focus.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
To Tom Caron's (or NESN staff's) credit, video during a face-off break showed that it was Maguire constantly hitting the post with his stick during the action as a way to focus.

Thanks.

It was driving me nuts. I was in the kitchen cooking dinner and had it on the TV, listening to the action and I kept looking up thinking I'd missed something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad