bc.gif
harvard.gif
nu2.gif

Monday, Feb. 1, 2016
nesn.gif

Semifinal #1
Boston College vs. Harvard, 5 p.m.
Semifinal #2

Boston University vs. Northeastern, 8 p.m.

Beanpot field wide open heading into first round
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...first-round/C5EoqjBwIQXccLn43iSXnO/story.html

It will be the 64th edition of the tournament. For the last 22 years, either BC or BU has skated off with the trophy. Harvard’s last win came in 1993, and Northeastern’s in 1988.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
To our Canadian members the games will be on TSN 1 and TSN 3 starting at 5 PM on Monday.

My roots are BU but I think it would be a very good thing for the tournament if either Harvard or Northeastern won this year. Neither of those teams have won it since the new Garden opened.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
To our Canadian members the games will be on TSN 1 and TSN 3 starting at 5 PM on Monday.

My roots are BU but I think it would be a very good thing for the tournament if either Harvard or Northeastern won this year. Neither of those teams have won it since the new Garden opened.

Nah, BU needs to win it again ;)

I'll be at the BU-Northeastern game tomorrow. It's nice being a BU student and getting some of the best seats at the garden

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
Rooting for the underdogs. Harvard or Northeastern with the upset.

...Probably not gonna happen.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Nah, BU needs to win it again ;)

I'll be at the BU-Northeastern game tomorrow. It's nice being a BU student and getting some of the best seats at the garden

Rooting for the underdogs. Harvard or Northeastern with the upset.

...Probably not gonna happen.

I would like to see Harvard win it as that program needs a boost right now.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
As an alum can't root for anyone but the Eagles. But I'll be keeping a close eye on Vesey, Donato, Sherman, Fitz, and Grez and JFK if I stay for the BU game, Bening, too.

Gotta echo the feeling about sitting in the lower bowl and not having to take out a loan.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
BC 4th in the Nation
Harvard 7th in the Nation
BU 8th in the Nation
Northeastern 24th in the Nation

Northeastern is 9-12-4 on the year

But they started 1-11-2 in there first 14 games but are now 8-1-2 in there last 11 so there are coming in playing great hockey on a 6 game winning streak

Gonna be a great beanpot this year go BU

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
LOVE the Beanpot, always have.

Always root for the underdogs too, one of my favorite things about it.

Give me Harvard this year, the smaht kids get it done. Should be a great tourney, and I'll be pulling for the Crimson and the Huskies.

#SucksToBU #F**kBC

Sincerely,
A UMass fan

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
After one of the most brutal sports-less weekends (hockey and football, sorry basketball fans) the Beanpot is just the rehab I need!

Would love to see Harvard or Northeastern take it down this year!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins have 6 prospects in this

Vesey looks pretty good

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I guess I just don't "get" the beanpot.

I've tried watching it a handful of times and just could not get into it.

I feel like I must be missing something.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
David Quinn compared JFK to Bergeron

Cahoon just raving about him says he wont last 4 years at BU and he's a bonafide NHL player- going to be a good one

cant wait to see Heinen and JFK are on the same line going up against Eichel

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?

Cahoon just raving about him says he wont last 4 years at BU and he's a bonafide NHL player- going to be a good one

It's fantastic. He get accolades from every coach and analyst at every level. Looks like a true steal.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
said it before but I think bruins should take mcavoy with their late first

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
BC 4th in the Nation
Harvard 7th in the Nation
BU 8th in the Nation
Northeastern 24th in the Nation

Northeastern is 9-12-4 on the year

But they started 1-11-2 in there first 14 games but are now 8-1-2 in there last 11 so there are coming in playing great hockey on a 6 game winning streak b

Gonna be a great beanpot this year go BU

Northeastern hasn't gotten a single goal from Kevin Roy. Only 13 games but kind of shocking to see the goose egg. Anyone know if he was playing through whatever caused him to miss games or something? I've just been chasing box scores on our prospects...haven't paid as much attention as usual

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

We knocked the last draft out of the park. Way too early to judge, but from the amount of talent we picked up, quite a few are gonna hit... I love how much talent we have in the NCAA. So exciting to finally have a young group of prospects with serious potential. For the past couple of years we've just had one or two great ones at a time, Spooner/Seguin/Hamilton/Pasta/etc., followed by a whole bunch of nothing. We have depth at every position now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad