GDT: 2016 Beanpot Final - Feb 8 7:30 PM BU vs BC - NESN, TSN 1 and TSN 3

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
To our Canadian members the games will be on TSN 1 and TSN 3 starting at 5 PM on Monday.

My roots are BU but I think it would be a very good thing for the tournament if either Harvard or Northeastern won this year. Neither of those teams have won it since the new Garden opened.

Go Huskies!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Here we go again

12657287_10207764809570925_7482560084219102244_o.jpg

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
BC/Harvard in a spirited game. I paid specific attention to Vesey and Donato of Harvard and was not disappointed. Teddy's kid made a great effort battling his defender to score his goal. Vesey looks like an outstanding prospect. He a strong skater with a good hockey sense. Good anticipation and usually around the puck.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
Not an alum, but I worked with a relative of a player from the 07-11 NE Huskies so I've pulled for them since then. Another year, I suppose...

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
I know BC/BU will probably be a great game, but it's still a little disappointing.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Don`t get to watch much NCAA down here let alone games with B`s prospects so was happy to watch Grizz and JFK last night. While I don`t want to compare JFK to Bergy, I can definitely see Bergy-like characteristics, very mature and heady game for a kid his age. His strong play in the D zone corner allowed Grizz to pick the puck up and begin the transition for BU`s second goal.

Grizz looked very impressive as well.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
I like Tom Caron as a studio host. Enthusiastic and very competent.
But he is HORRIBLE as a play-by-play annnouncer.
Yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak ....
He is such a distraction from what is actually happening on the ice.
He does almost no actual play by play, ignoring about 90 percent of the action -- the great rushes, the hits, the giveaways, the line matchups, etc., etc. etc.
Instead we have to hear incessant chatter about the snow last year, or historic Beanpot games, or team's won-lost records, or the family connections of different players, and so on and so on.
Occasionally he seems to notice there's an actual game going on and will say something like, "Chips the puck up the boards" without even naming the player who just did the unremarkable thing.
Will someone please take away Caron's game notes once the game begins!

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I like Tom Caron as a studio host. Enthusiastic and very competent.
But he is HORRIBLE as a play-by-play annnouncer.
Yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak,yak ....
He is such a distraction from what is actually happening on the ice.
He does almost no actual play by play, ignoring about 90 percent of the action -- the great rushes, the hits, the giveaways, the line matchups, etc., etc. etc.
Instead we have to hear incessant chatter about the snow last year, or historic Beanpot games, or team's won-lost records, or the family connections of different players, and so on and so on.
Occasionally he seems to notice there's an actual game going on and will say something like, "Chips the puck up the boards" without even naming the player who just did the unremarkable thing.
Will someone please take away Caron's game notes once the game begins!

He's an idiot who cares more about hearing his fingernails on chalkboard voice than anything else. He's awful. There's a reason why he's never gotten out of the local market.

I know him personally and cannot stand him (although absolutely love his wife) so my opinion of anything to do with him is definitely biased.

Last edited:

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I was there last night. Both games were fun but disappointing. Bc traveled well and I was impressed by northeasterns numbers after the terrible start they had. Bu traveled poorly for what you would expect.

Bu bc is fun but not what I wanted to see. I'm not sure if I'll show up next Monday

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
These BU all white jersey's are atrocious.

Say what you will about BU, but the white and red jersey's are iconic. These ones are so bad.

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA
Since its not NHL and therefore isn't a direct violation of sight rules can someone post a link to a good stream? Im abroad and thus since its not NHL and off the radar can't search.

This post is free to be deleted and a PM of a stream would be very appreciated but I don't want to blatantly break rules. Should be a great game.

I would also appreciate a stream in a PM if this is not allowed.

Thanks all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad