• Fox

• DeBrincat

• Chychrun

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
McAvoy for me for sure. Already a number 1 and more proven than Fox, though Fox could pass him (though if it's an actual redraft the fact he might leave would be a factor). I don't think any of the others are the same level of franchise building blocks.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
McAvoy is regarded so high because he's been doing it for longer and his team has been better.

Fox is a stud though.
He's been doing what longer? He's not had a single season better than Fox's rookie season. So he's going before Fox because he has played more games?

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
He's been doing what longer? He's not had a single season better than Fox's rookie season. So he's going before Fox because he has played more games?

Being a #1 defenseman. If you want to judge defenseman by purely points you can do that.

McAvoy actually outscored Fox at 5v5, this year and last year. Fox is incredible on the PP though, I won't take that away from him. But that's the main difference in scoring between the two, Fox gets double the PP time and gets #1 pp minutes on the Rangers, McAvoy doesn't.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Was expecting to have to think a bit but it's obviously McAvoy at this point.

Laine put so many nhl records and he is the best goal scorer in this decade. Obviously him

Maybe he'll turn it around someday but there's no way Laine is in the running here. He hasn't hit 40 goals in years and that's his only big contribution to his team. There's many better players.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020

His every season has been better than Fox's rookie season (and this season). He has the best WAR out of any defenceman in the NHL in the past 3 seasons while playing the toughest minutes in the league.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Doing it for longer while not Fox's fault is a legit argument, I agree. But McAvoy's team being better should not be a reason for considering him better. I understand why that's a thing though, it's natural. But it's also not rational.

Just like last year when Shesterykin should've won the Vezina off of 12 games and was about to be the next Hasek, right?...

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Just like last year when Shesterykin should've won the Vezina off of 12 games and was about to be the next Hasek, right?...

And Shesterkin is still one of the best young goalies in the league and is probably playing better than Hank was at this point in his career. What's your point?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
And Shesterkin is still one of the best young goalies in the league and is probably playing better than Hank was at this point in his career. What's your point?

Lundqvist was a Vezina finalist his first two(three) seasons

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Lundqvist was a Vezina finalist his first two(three) seasons

I've seen them both play and Shesterkin isn't really playing at a level below him most of this season. He's just been injured and hasn't been winning like Lundqvist. In fact some of my frustrations with Shesterkin were issues with Lundqvist early on too. Both players had trouble getting shutouts and would give up more goals in the third than I'd like. Shesterkin has a 0.924 save %, btw. Not sure how "just like Shesterkin was supposed to be a Vezina winner" is a burn. 0.924 is damn good. This isn't Carter Hart we're talking about.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
His every season has been better than Fox's rookie season (and this season). He has the best WAR out of any defenceman in the NHL in the past 3 seasons while playing the toughest minutes in the league.

Same account 13min ago:

Gee, that's weird!!!

Yeah, let's use advanced stats as an argument against Adam Fox. 10/10 would have such an idea again.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Laine put so many nhl records and he is the best goal scorer in this decade. Obviously him
That generational goal scorer has 1 more goal than Tkachuk in his last 3 seasons. He also had to have a pretty good player added to him to get another guy he is competing with for 2nd overall. At this point id say there is a better chance he goes outside of the top 5 than #2, but like all redrafts that could change by this time next year.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
At this point it’s entirely up to what a team needs. If you need defense you have the choice of the steadying force in Mcavoy or a great offensive quarterback in Fox (not saying either of them isn’t great at the others aspect). For forwards I think you take Tkachuk unless your team is in dire need of a centre, then you grab Dubois.

For a more controversial opinion, I think their are two defined tiers after Matthews with the players being pretty much equal in them.

Mcavoy/Fox/Tkachuk

Dubois/Sergachev/Chychrun

I also think Chychrun is one of the most underrated D in the league and would be in that top tier if he didn’t play for Arizona to add to the controversy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad