• Fox

• DeBrincat

• Chychrun

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
As much as I am not a fan of his and his antics this easily Tkachuk for me.

Great offensively, good defensively, brings everything to the table. Pretty rare for a player in today's game.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Strange draft.
Amazing how many on that list aren’t still with the team that drafted them. Chychrun, McAvoy and Tkachuk are the only ones who weren’t traded I think.
I voted McAvoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: BringTheReign

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
McAvoy is a number #1 D so id go with him. Not sure about Sergachev's usage in Tampa? and I think another season from Fox would be needed to argue if he's in the running.

Laine, Dubois, Tkachuk are still in the running among other players.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
McAvoy is regarded so high because he's been doing it for longer and his team has been better.

Fox is a stud though.

Doing it for longer while not Fox's fault is a legit argument, I agree. But McAvoy's team being better should not be a reason for considering him better. I understand why that's a thing though, it's natural. But it's also not rational.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Doing it for longer while not Fox's fault is a legit argument, I agree. But McAvoy's team being better should not be a reason for considering him better. I understand why that's a thing though, it's natural. But it's also not rational.

Well it’s not like he’s being carried by his teammates , he’s been the #1 defenseman pretty much the entire time on a team that made it to game 7 of a cup final and won a presidents trophy.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well it’s not like he’s being carried by his teammates , he’s been the #1 defenseman pretty much the entire time on a team that made it to game 7 of a cup final and won a presidents trophy.

I get that, but Fox was a rookie last season, so we can throw that out. This season he's done all he could to get the Rangers wins. What is McAvoy doing with Boston than Fox isn't doing with the Rangers? Fox is on around a 70 point pace per 82, playing the toughest minutes in the league and playing amazing D.

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Fox has been literally one of the best Dmen in the entire league this year and was outstanding last year.
You can go year by year and find players who are incredible for a few seasons and then average out

If he keeps playing this way for another season against the entire league, like McAvoy has, ill be willing to consider it

hes not even 200 games into his career (two full seasons plus playoffs)

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
McAvoy is a number #1 D so id go with him. Not sure about Sergachev's usage in Tampa? and I think another season from Fox would be needed to argue if he's in the running.

Laine, Dubois, Tkachuk are still in the running among other players.
He is getting more and more ice, playing PK, and is like 21 minutes a night.

He is really good but there's no getting around that he is going to be behind Hedman for a long time.

Reactions: Albus Dumbledore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad