2016-2017 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
You're the only one that is arguing it wasn't a penalty. You're so insistent it wasn't a penalty but you don't have proof it wasn't. The commentators thought it was a penalty, the ref thought it was a penalty, I think it was a penalty. Show some proof already.

Need to get the last word in huh?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Need to get the last word in huh?

I'm still waiting for that video. I'm not necessarily sure I'm right but I don't see any reason to believe I'm wrong. I got ONE LOOK at the replay right after the penalty and it DID look like he left his feet.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I'm still waiting for that video. I'm not necessarily sure I'm right but I don't see any reason to believe I'm wrong. I got ONE LOOK at the replay right after the penalty and it DID look like he left his feet.

And clearly your judgement is wrong since you believed the other hit to be a major penalty and the refs and commentators didn't.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
And clearly your judgement is wrong since you believed the other hit to be a major penalty and the refs and commentators didn't.

But I'm not insisting on it being a 5 though. I'm not aware of the line between a 2 minute contact to the head and a 5 minute contact to the head. Also, the commentators did think it was going to be a 5 minute major. I think I recall Barry Melrose saying UMD was "very lucky" it wasn't a 5. There was a (gopher?) fan who also thought it was going to be a 5.

Part of me thinks the refs didn't want to have a say in a championship game, which is fine by me.

So far the refs have gotten it right every time IMO.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Watched the 2nd and 3rd on DVR. Tough one for UMD to take. Gopher fans know what sort lapses in concentration leading to multiple goals can do. The two back to back goals like that is hard to come back from.

Congrats to DU though, they were clearly one of the elite teams all season, and proved it in the tournament.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I like the excitement Buccigross brings as a commentator, it feels sincere.

I saw Bucci in the bathroom. Denver was very good in the beginning and most of the game. If UMD could have just eliminated a couple mistakes...

That game also makes me want Johnson more. His speed was very noticeable. If he gets his shot and hands down just a touch better he could be a good NHL'r.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Red Berenson retires. First time ever both Michigan and Michigan State have had job openings at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad