2016-2017 Kings Roster Talk Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The problem with trading Carter is that he has more value on this team than in the open market. I know optically, all we see is that Carter is signed to a very good deal, is a consistent goal scorer, and legit 1 or 2 C, but with the way things are going in the NHL, teams will not be giving up top prospects and the number 1 or 2 in this year's draft for someone over 30. The best we can get in a Carter trade is two nickles for a dime, and I would rather keep a game changer like Carter than have two depth players on this team in his place.

With his cap hit, I think he has tremendous market value. But you'll never know until you test the market it for it.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
With his cap hit, I think he has tremendous market value. But you'll never know until you test the market it for it.

By "tremendous value" do you believe that a team would actually give up a prospect projected to be a 20-30 goal scorer, or the number 1 or 2 draft picks for Carter? I don't see that happening in today's NHL.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Whoa, we went way over cap on this one.

Let's keep the discussion to the offseason thread right now since the discussions are very similar anyway (offseason chatter).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad