Injury Report: 2016-2017 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
his pain started in mid November (hard to push off on first step, hard to pivot, sharp pain on quick release pass with any torque...)

Benn never would have caught him square in the side wall like that if he had been healthy. They shut him down after the Benn hit for next two games prior to the Christmas break to take advantage of a 5 day period of rest and therapy. (He was not concussed). It did not respond. He played the Winter Classic in a lot of pain. He didn't have much on his shot on that first rush muffin. He soldiered on for the next month trying a lot of therapy but it kept getting worse. The other day he practiced with the team at the Bell Centre with the intention of traveling to Washington but his condition was worse so they decided to keep him home for continued therapy.

I've known this all along and LaRaque's hit piece article p****d me right off..

Injuries were hard this year. Best chance next year.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
his pain started in mid November (hard to push off on first step, hard to pivot, sharp pain on quick release pass with any torque...)

Benn never would have caught him square in the side wall like that if he had been healthy. They shut him down after the Benn hit for next two games prior to the Christmas break to take advantage of a 5 day period of rest and therapy. (He was not concussed). It did not respond. He played the Winter Classic in a lot of pain. He didn't have much on his shot on that first rush muffin. He soldiered on for the next month trying a lot of therapy but it kept getting worse. The other day he practiced with the team at the Bell Centre with the intention of traveling to Washington but his condition was worse so they decided to keep him home for continued therapy.

I've known this all along and LaRaque's hit piece article p****d me right off..

Wow thanks for the indepth info...
Mrs. Petry? :laugh:

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Apparently, Gilbert is out 6 months. That's a huge bad break for him. He'll be ready by September. May have to go to training camp on a PTO.

Shutting down Petry and getting him surgery is the smart thing to do. He's been struggling with that for awhile. May as well take care of it now and have him ready for next year.

They should put Gilbert, Petry, Flynn, Carr and Price on LTIR. Gives the Habs an opportunity to take on some contracts if need be.

You wonder if Pacioretty is going to be in the same boat because his leg needs more work? I almost hope so. His underwhelming effort level this season has just got to be because he can barely skate out there. Please let it be that :laugh: Either that or he really doesn't wanna be in MTL anymore.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You wonder if Pacioretty is going to be in the same boat because his leg needs more work? I almost hope so. His underwhelming effort level this season has just got to be because he can barely skate out there. Please let it be that :laugh: Either that or he really doesn't wanna be in MTL anymore.

He's lost his first step or explosion for sure.
No breakaways this year and not winning foot races.
Will it come back it's possible but not probable.
I think his top end is still there but his starts were his biggest weapon besides his release.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
the way I see it, sucks for these guys, but mind as well get all our injuries and surgeries out of way now and hope for a better 2016-17 season.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The irony is starting to hit me, the Habs traded Tinordi because he wasn't getting minutes because we were too deep on the blueline. Now Beaulieu, Petry and Gilbert are out. This would have been Tinordi's chance to prove that he is a NHL defenseman, Instead Bartley is.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
the way I see it, sucks for these guys, but mind as well get all our injuries and surgeries out of way now and hope for a better 2016-17 season.

Yeah at this point that is what is best because it not only gets the team healthy for next season but it gives young players chances to play now and it will help with the tank. A player like Max for example I wouldn't blame if they shut him down near the end of the season because clearly he has not been 100% this season.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah at this point that is what is best because it not only gets the team healthy for next season but it gives young players chances to play now and it will help with the tank. A player like Max for example I wouldn't blame if they shut him down near the end of the season because clearly he has not been 100% this season.

No world cup for Max?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
petry sports hernia surgery done for season?

Anyone else see this? Saw it on google news ( sorry if im out of the loop, its been a long week.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

lol, yes he needs sports hernia surgery. This was Feb 11, where Therrien had no idea. Had no idea what was going on with his player that had been injured over 2 months at that point.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
No world cup for Max?

Maybe if he is 100%, frankly I don't want any important Hab in the World Cup because I view it as a pointless tournament. I rather have the team healthy for the season then have them injured because of a pointless tournament.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

lol, yes he needs sports hernia surgery. This was Feb 11, where Therrien had no idea. Had no idea what was going on with his player that had been injured over 2 months at that point.

Disgusting how management would run players into the ****ing ground by advising them not to take surgery. Prust should have had surgery on his shoulder but lord knows why he didn't, and he was never 100% ever again.

Man Purse

Dec 16, 2010
wind river valley
It's important to note that in some cases, sports hernias can be healed through rigorous external treatment, therapy. But the trick is to manage that healing with the confines of the hectic schedule. It's super frustrating because you can be making a little progress and then boom, 3 games in 4 nights, back to square one.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Maybe if he is 100%, frankly I don't want any important Hab in the World Cup because I view it as a pointless tournament. I rather have the team healthy for the season then have them injured because of a pointless tournament.

Agreed.
I'm not hyped other than getting to watch some hockey early next season.
It seems like a money grab at best...

Mad Brills*

So there's a decent chance monday MB says that price is done right?

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
The length of the title of this thread is positively correlated with the odds of Michel Therrien coming back next season.

I can already hear management's revisionist take on the injury situation at the end of season presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad