Waived: 2016-17 Waivers Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
My Ranger fan friends are in full blown riot mode.

Our board is as well. Understandably. It isn't as if the kid played poorly in his time with us. That is what is so confusing. AV just refused to give him a chance. Holden turns the puck over 238489 times in a game and he gets rewarded with 1st pairing minutes (a ****ing joke). McIlrath makes a pass that isn't 100% tape to tape and he is benched for the game.

I am not one for hyperbole but I really don't think it is that far off. His leash was inexplicably short.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I really hope the Oilers grab McIlrath. TO is lacking in contract spots and would be very tight if the took him and Edmonton is 2nd on the priority wire.

Come on Chia!

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
My Ranger fan friends are in full blown riot mode.

You bet !

If he gets picked in the east, he shall punish us! That's my take. I mean our offense is fast, we could play around him easily. But I think people, specially AV, underestimate physical intimidation in today's game. True, it is becoming less and less important, but it is there, in the sub-conscious and in the heart of the game. And to have that, added to an intimidation-game out of speed, is killer.

Man I'm pissed ...

Ps.: He could be a great fit with EDM :cry:

schabadoo

Feb 16, 2012
I hope the Bruins claim The Undertaker. Can't be worse than what they've got.

TBH, I wish they would have traded a 7th for him or something because I don't think the Bruins will get a chance to put in a claim.

He was apparently shopped around, no one made an offer.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
I hope VAN put in claims on both McIlrath and Pääjärvi. Probably won't though, despite their forward depth being nonexistent.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I would be surprised if the Leafs don't claim Mcllrath. I'd claim him and then waive one of Corrado or Carrick

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Terrible asset management...

Although unless he starts playing games...McIlrath will be a UFA at the end of the year.

So NYR probably lost him no matter what

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I would be surprised if the Leafs don't claim Mcllrath. I'd claim him and then waive one of Corrado or Carrick

I think that would put them at the 50 contract limit. So the'd have no wiggle room for the rest of the season with regards to trades.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Our board is as well. Understandably. It isn't as if the kid played poorly in his time with us. That is what is so confusing. AV just refused to give him a chance. Holden turns the puck over 238489 times in a game and he gets rewarded with 1st pairing minutes (a ****ing joke). McIlrath makes a pass that isn't 100% tape to tape and he is benched for the game.

I am not one for hyperbole but I really don't think it is that far off. His leash was inexplicably short.

While I agree his leash was way too short, he wasn't impressive at all this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad