GWT: 2016-17 UEFA Europa League knock out stage

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
There it goes, tie is pretty much over.

Lyon had a great chance to reach a european final and blew it. Awful defense and lack of finish.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
yeah it's crazy to think that, as poorly as Lyon has played this could be 4-3 without raising an eyebrow.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Frankly I don't see Lyon coming back from this. They sure can score 3 but this D won't stop everything in 90 minutes.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ajax need to take Monaco's approach for the return leg. Play all out offensively (within reason) and try to score as many away goals as possible to prevent the 3 goal deficit being overturned on the away goal rule. Lyon is going to be pressing for goals and they have a very shaky defence but a really strong offensive team. It's Ajax's best bet to hold on to their lead, IMO, they aren't a team that can sit back and play defensively.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Fantastic win. The tie isn't over though. We could have another fairly entertaining game next week. Lyon is a 1/2 final team though! Ajax is a Championship team! Something never changes! But who knows!

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Quality match, very entertaining. Ajax didn't even play that well, Lyon just defended horribly. Brutal defensive lapses. If not for Younes' complete lack of finishing skills this could already have been decided.

Ajax won't create as much on the road and Lyon, especially with Lacazette healthy, could easily score 3.

Far from over, but glad to see Ajax getting some love and recognition in Europe.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
looks like mata, pogba, smalling, jones, bailly will be ready if need be

and when i say need be....they need to be haha

From what I heard, mata is available but won't be able to play the entire 90, so he'll either come on as a sub or start and get subbed shortly after half.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
As far as I'm concerned Mikhtaryan is the key player, if Vigo control him I think they can surprise United.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Haha, Aulas doing what he said he would do, ****ing with UEFA. Only people associated with Lyon can buy tickets for the Ajax game except for the usual away fans. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad