GWT: 2016-17 UEFA Europa League knock out stage

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He had an amazing career and will go down as one of the absolute best to play the sport, but I don't see how he can come back from that at his age. Might come back to play in MLS or something like that.

I wonder if this would have happened had he played less. He's 35 and played 46 games, and last year played 51 games.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nothing against the other sides, but I'd like an Ajax - United final with Ajax winning it all.

Well Zlatan will have some time to get in some fishing now. Hopefully this doesn't end his career though. Even MLS would be great to see.

Ridiculous to call this a meaningless tournament.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Nothing against the other sides, but I'd like an Ajax - United final with Ajax winning it all.

Well Zlatan will have some time to get in some fishing now. Hopefully this doesn't end his career though. Even MLS would be great to see.

Ridiculous to call this a meaningless tournament.

You didn't know that trying to qualify for the champions league is meaningless?

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
****ing united and mou HAD to end Zlatan's career in a meaningless tournament. What a shame.

30936955igedb.jpg

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Lyon impressed me vs AZ, who are admittedly not a very good side this year. I think Ajax will draw at home, lose on the road.

Final will be between United-Lyon.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I think Lyon are a good matchup for Ajax. Funny thing is Lyon probably thinks the same...As for Zlatan a massively overrated player who almost always disappeared in big games and a real dirty player. A typical self centered bully with no respect for anyone else, scores against small teams but nowhere to be seen in the big games and how many elbows and punches has the guy thrown? Plus he really is an idiot off the pitch as well. So there you go. It's a bad injury but don't be hypocritical here. I sense Vigo could upset this boring team.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think Lyon are a good matchup for Ajax. Funny thing is Lyon probably thinks the same...As for Zlatan a massively overrated player who almost always disappeared in big games and a real dirty player. A typical self centered bully with no respect for anyone else, scores against small teams but nowhere to be seen in the big games and how many elbows and punches has the guy thrown? Plus he really is an idiot off the pitch as well. So there you go. It's a bad injury but don't be hypocritical here. I sense Vigo could upset this boring team.

:facepalm:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
He had an amazing career and will go down as one of the absolute best to play the sport, but I don't see how he can come back from that at his age. Might come back to play in MLS or something like that.

I wonder if this would have happened had he played less. He's 35 and played 46 games, and last year played 51 games.

Just realised I missed this, it was the way he fell when he went up for a header. Nothing to do with age/fatigue, just an awkward situation.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Let's gooooooo Ajax! Traore finally finding some finish is nice to see. Making up for nearly costing them the last tie.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah Lyon should have scored early really, in the first 10 minutes but that second part of the first half has bene disastrous and Ajax are taking advantage of that shaky defense that has plagued Lyon's season all year long.
No Lacazette either, and that hurts.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also have to say de Ligt has bounced back wonderfully from that NT debut horror-show.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Good thing for goal-line technology because the referee was not going to give that. The useless ref behind the goal wasn't going to either.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Hopefully Ajax can put it another goal before the final whistle. They definitely don't want another repeat of what happened in Gelsenkirchen this go round around Lyon.

Is Lacazette suffering from a knock?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hopefully Ajax can put it another goal before the final whistle. They definitely don't want another repeat of what happened in Gelsenkirchen this go round around Lyon.

Is Lacazette suffering from a knock?

Nah, he injured himself a while ago and has a hard time playing since. He forced on it against Besiktas, but had to be subed (muscle injury).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad