GWT: 2016-17 UEFA Europa League knock out stage

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If your son was playing in the Europe League you'd definitely watch it, trust me. Personally I like the opportunity to get to see teams that don't get as much hype and/or play in leagues you don't normally get a chance to watch.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I have found the UEFA league to be much more entertaining than the Champions League this year, and not just because my side is doing well. The Champions league has been pretty predictable these past few years.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Meh I thought it was the first time in years a young attacking team made it this far, so I think it was an OK edition of the CL compared to the awful ones of the past.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Friendly reminder that the Europa League is a more prestigious European trophy than anything Arsenal has ever won.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I disagree. I think the Cup Winners Cup had more prestige at the time than the Europa League has today because the overall focus was less on the Champions League. Once they started letting 2nd/3rd/4th place teams into the CL, the prestige of any other club competition just took a lethal hit.

I think in official diction, the Cup Winners Cup actually was viewed as a 'higher ranking' trophy than the UEFA Cup because you actually had to win a domestic trophy to qualify for it. But the UEFA Cup was of course a more difficult trophy to win most of the time.

SilasAdams

Jun 19, 2010
Deadwood
I have found the UEFA league to be much more entertaining than the Champions League this year, and not just because my side is doing well. The Champions league has been pretty predictable these past few years.

Last year I would have agreed with you. Liverpool/Dortmund tie alone was better than anything CL had to offer but this year nahhh. Can't think of one memorable Europa League game and the CL was insanely entertaining until the semis.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Last year I would have agreed with you. Liverpool/Dortmund tie alone was better than anything CL had to offer but this year nahhh. Can't think of one memorable Europa League game and the CL was insanely entertaining until the semis.

Uh...did you watch Ajax/Lyon? Will be remembering both those games for a very long time.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't pay the group stages much mind, but the knockout stages of the Europa League are always pretty entertaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00