GDT: 2016-17 Training Camp and Preseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If they are put on IR on Tuesday will they have to wait a week to come off IR? Is that how it works at the start of the season or can they still do retroactive?

I believe when you get injured in training camp you go under the separate designation of Injured Non-Roster, since there was never a finalized active roster to begin with. This happened with Vincour a couple years ago.

There's only a few small technical differences between it and IR, but I believe one of them is it doesn't require the 7 day waiting period. They don't get counted toward the 23 man active list same as IR.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I believe when you get injured in training camp you go under the separate designation of Injured Non-Roster, since there was never a finalized active roster to begin with. This happened with Vincour a couple years ago.

There's only a few small technical differences between it and IR, but I believe one of them is it doesn't require the 7 day waiting period. They don't get counted toward the 23 man active list same as IR.

The cap counts as if the player is on the active 23. Also a factor here.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If all 3 do, but it seems Mitchell is getting closer than the others.

I think there is a decent chance Smith makes the team outright as the 13th forward (center/wing versatility, right shot). Sislo and Vogelhuber are going to be key parts of the top for the Rampage. Sislo will be on the top line down there. They'd really miss him when they are replacing him with an ECHL level player.

I agree Mitchell I'd bet on more likely than not. They aren't at ECHL level with forwards right now even with a few injuries, they are on defense though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I agree Mitchell I'd bet on more likely than not. They aren't at ECHL level with forwards right now even with a few injuries, they are on defense though.

Well we agree on the defense side.

Up front I see them having 10 true AHL level forwards (Compher, Bourke, Greer, Henley, Nantel, Elson, Grimaldi, O'Brien, Petryk, and Nunn... Nunn is still pretty questionable to me but I'll go with it) and a couple questionable ones (Sanford, St-Amant). The rest are ECHL fill ins. Vogelhuber and Sislo would improve that group tremendously.

Added Compher above. Forgot about him for a second.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Whitney is another too. They have enough forwards for 3 decent lines right now at least.

So 11 including Nunn... it is 3 full lines, but that lineup with Sislo and Vogelhuber is much, much better. Especially Sislo would give them a complete first line (Whitney-O'Brien-Sislo) that can compete with the best in the league.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Tomorrow night's game is supposed to be televised, right?
On Altitude?
I can't seem to find it on my schedule (Xfinity)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Here's my speech: It will be joined in progress, which means its not technically in the guide. Mine says bonus NHL preseason or something like that. They will go to the game when the Chicago-St Louis game is over. So if you need to program it then record that game and add like 3 hours. And its NHL Network.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The game IS on after the Blackhawks (I think that is who it was), but I tried to record it because I might be gone, and it says that it's blocked. I suspect that there will be kitten's available, but pretty trashy copywrite issues to block the CO area for a preseason game. And not even that, but it's not being shown anywhere else, so why block it?

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
The game IS on after the Blackhawks (I think that is who it was), but I tried to record it because I might be gone, and it says that it's blocked. I suspect that there will be kitten's available, but pretty trashy copywrite issues to block the CO area for a preseason game. And not even that, but it's not being shown anywhere else, so why block it?

Yeah, mine is saying unavailable as well. Freakin lame.

And just FYI, you forgot McLeod in the OP.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Did Siemens just get waived? Well that was weird and a bit pointless, thought they'd keep him up ahead of Bigras to give him a little run of games and see if he can look good in the bottom pairing. Had a decent pre-season from what I heard.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Did Siemens just get waived? Well that was weird and a bit pointless, thought they'd keep him up ahead of Bigras to give him a little run of games and see if he can look good in the bottom pairing. Had a decent pre-season from what I heard.

Yup. As I've been saying, there isn't enough org depth at D to keep 8 D. Throw in the injuries to forwards and there you go.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
First year without satellite/cable, is there anyway to watch NHL Network games otherwise? I've got Gamecenter and can login to any satellite/cable subscriber app (NBC Sports, ESPN, etc). Trying to figure out the right combination of cable cutting to not have to worry about missing a game.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'm very surprised if he does get claimed.

Players who have shown way more than Duncun get passed on all the time. THere's not a single person on here that thinks he'll magically be a better player. I'm talking avs fans... the rest of the league probably looks at him and wonder how someone so young can look so old, that and his terrible name.

Dumb pick right from the get go and never showed why he should've picked that high.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Unless a team loves Siemens, he'll clear.

Teams at this point in the season are trying to figure out how to trim their rosters and adding a player they have to keep up for 30 days is usually not on the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad