Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
A wise decision. No point in gutting the farm when the team needs more skill and we are about to get Chabot and White on their ELCs very shortly.

And Colorado is awful - it's not like Duchene and Landeskog are completely free of blame.

They should command high prices but not exceedingly high prices.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Ottawa called the Avalanche to check in on prices for Landeskog/Duchene, and if the prices don't change it isn't likely we call back. Per Insider Trading

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-is-vegas-the-best-landing-spot-for-julien~1052090

This is exactly what I thought happened and exactly what should happen. Need to do your due diligence, but the price is silly.

Brass + Ceci + 1st for Duchene + Beauchemin +2nd

Get err done Dorrion.

Not enough Chabots in that deal, Colorado says no.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
And Colorado is awful - it's not like Duchene and Landeskog are completely free of blame.

They should command high prices but not exceedingly high prices.

If I was Sakic I'd hold on to them unless someone was willing to make an impressive offer.

I think Colorado is doing he right thing, you still need impact players even if your team is on the down swing.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
I'll tell you why this trade in unrealistic. Because you have no issue doing it.

Trades for elite players come at the expense of guys you like. Usually.

Yup, Colorado probably wants
Ceci + 1st + one of Chabot/White/Brown for Duchene. Huge overpayment that's the price you gotta pay.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
After watching the game tonight I'm not sure only one good player is going to help this team. I think they might need two or three if not more.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Smith-Brassard-Duchene
Dzingel-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Lazar-Wingels

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Claesson-Wideman

Anderson

Make it happen.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Yes Duchene has played RW for Canada before.

And I don't know lol.

I also think a Ryan for Eberle type trade is possible. Would add some nice speed and skill to our lineup.

Probably played RW because Canada has so many centres. If we got him, I think we would have to play him in the middle.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Yes Duchene has played RW for Canada before.

And I don't know lol.

I also think a Ryan for Eberle type trade is possible. Would add some nice speed and skill to our lineup.

Duchene is a left shot, played LW for Canada because they had so many C's on the roster.

What's the point in paying the price for a 1C if we are going to play him as a 2LW? Why wouldn't we just go after a winger in the first place?

Eberle is cheaper, younger, and more productive than Ryan. Don't see why they'd consider that.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Wouldn't do the Eberle/Ryan swap.

Eberle looks like a lazy player often when I see him. Plus he's about the size of JG Pageau. I don't want that in the top six.

He's falling out of favour with some Edmonton fans for a reason, it would be good to hear their take on it.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Eberle looks like a lazy player often when I see him. Plus he's about the size of JG Pageau. I don't want that in the top six.

He's falling out of favour with some Edmonton fans for a reason, it would be good to hear their take on it.

Would Ryan waive to go to Edmonton?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

He would clearly be one of our top point producers with elite skill. I see him as a Havlat type player for us. A player who can create his own oppotunities. we are definitely missing that. Duchene is closer to Turris.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
A wise decision. No point in gutting the farm when the team needs more skill and we are about to get Chabot and White on their ELCs very shortly.

Agree with not gutting the team or the farm. Dorion will have a list of players he is willing to move for certain assets, and he should stick to it. Names like Chabot and White will be on it; not sure about Brown.

The goal has to be Senators get better.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I like Karlsson but I don't think you can win with him. I observed him a lot lately and it appears that he has an ego bigger than the arena. It's like "I'm so good and others are crap" sort of thing. The way he got into Pageau's way after JG took a penalty in the first is not really what I want to see from a Captain. The way he reacts after plays redirecting the blame on others is not what I want to see. I never seen that from Alfredsson. The ironic thing is that Karlsson should look himself in the mirror if he thinks others are to blame. The way that Karlsson plays results in so many goals against. It is better than before this year, but it is slowly reverting back to normal. He seems to be losing focus and trying to do too much, exactly like Spezza did after losing the real leader in Alfredsson. In fact, I see him a bit like the Spezza of defense. He can be so good but seriously last night he wasn't much better than Chris Wideman

I know I'll get flamed for this post but that's the way I see it. What could the Sens get for Karlsson is the question.

Hopefully I am wrong and it's something else, but there is something not working with the chemistry of this team. We have seen recently how good they can be when they are on the same page (vs the Caps, vs the Lightning, etc) but sometimes they look like they never played together before. OK the game last night could have been different if they scored instead of missing the net on glorious chances but that's an overall feeling I have with them. Let's see how they respond but does anyone think a Karlsson trade could eventually benefit this team? (example : Lindholm + Rakell +)

Reading the board quickly, it seems that people think that if you get rid of Ryan, problems will be solved magically, but I can guarantee you that this type of games happens with Ryan or without.

Oh and getting rid of Brassard would be a mistake, one of the best 2-way players on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln