Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
This team doesn't have the prospect depth right now to afford to gut it's future(with expansion on the horizon) for one really good player.

That isn't gutting the future at all. My god people are drama queens. Everyone likes to play it safe. Guess what? Teams that play it safe and don't take chances, don't win. I'd rather an established star than roll the dice on a few prospects.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
With Smith getting re-signed before the expansion draft, might as well stop all talk of acquiring a good forward signed beyond this season.

7 protected forward spots are now filled:

Stone
Turris
Hoffman
Brassard
Dzingel
Smith
Pageau

Hope this means we aren't going to go after a rental forward at the trade deadline. Really don't want to see more of this team's future mortgaged for short-sighed short-term fixes.

unless they are better than 1 of the 7 you listed.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
That isn't gutting the future at all. My god people are drama queens. Everyone likes to play it safe. Guess what? Teams that play it safe and don't take chances, don't win. I'd rather an established star than roll the dice on a few prospects.

So if Colorado asked for Chabot/White/Brown/3 first round picks you would be fine with that.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
COL: Landeskog (value is an all time low)
OTT: Ceci, Curtis Lazar

ARI: Michael Stone
OTT: 2017 1st

Landeskog - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Brassard - Stone
Smith - Pageau - Dzingel
Pyatt - Kelly - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Stone
Claesson - Wideman

Offseason:
Resign CONDON, Pyatt, Michael Stone, Dzingel (if VGK doesn't claim him) and Wideman for 1yr until Chabot is ready
Let walk: Kelly, Neil (both will probably retire)
MacArthur - retire for his own good
We bring up Colin White and another DESERVING prospect(Varone, McCormick, Bailey, Paul, Perron, Chlapik)

Line up 2017/18
Landeskog - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Brassard - Stone
Smith - White - Dzingel
LW - Pageau - Pyatt

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Stone
Claesson - Wideman

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Now that Zack Smith is signed, what do we think Pageau's market value is as an RFA? North or south of 1.5mil per over 3 years.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
If we are getting Duchene I'd be willing to give up White/Brown... preferably Brown. Also would add Ceci and our 2017 first. And more...

I'd say that's the price. Likely Colorado would enjoy White + 1st + Ceci, but maybe Brown over White.

If you can do it and keep Chabot out of it, then you're on the right track IMO. That said, that's still a crazy chunk of prospects/player.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Now that Zack Smith is signed, what do we think Pageau's market value is as an RFA? North or south of 1.5mil per over 3 years.

If we get Pageau signed up at a really nice cap, then I'll be impressed. If he come in at $2.5 for 4 years that's excellent money invested.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
So, say 6 mil (1.5, 2.0, 2.5) over 3 years to push him into UFA status to chase the bucks?

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I'd say that's the price. Likely Colorado would enjoy White + 1st + Ceci, but maybe Brown over White.

If you can do it and keep Chabot out of it, then you're on the right track IMO. That said, that's still a crazy chunk of prospects/player.

I wouldn't it's Milbury territory.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
So if Colorado asked for Chabot/White/Brown/3 first round picks you would be fine with that.

Lol where did I remotely say that? I said we'd be fine if we dealt Brown and 1st in a weak draft. Don't put words in people's mouths.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Would like to see Sens make a play for Patty Eaves. would push Pyatt down to the 4th line where he belongs. also cheap $. wouldn't cost a tone to acquire, UFA at end of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad