Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
"do nothing"

oh Sens fans...

Care to explain?

Lol you must think Ceci has looked pretty good eh?

That isn't gutting the future at all. My god people are drama queens. Everyone likes to play it safe. Guess what? Teams that play it safe and don't take chances, don't win. I'd rather an established star than roll the dice on a few prospects.

I'd take you more seriously if you didn't feel you had to resort to ridicule to make your point.

At any rate, teams that take chances for the sake of taking chances also don't win. To many of us, the potential benefit of acquiring Duchene is overshadowed by what we lose in the future. Duchene is not enough of an upgrade at the position he plays that he pushes us to contender status. We don't know, but the guys we trade for him could be in a couple of years. Moreover that trade would gut the assets we could potentially use to acquire such a player if one becomes available in the next couple of years. Duchene, to me, is not worth the price that people seem to be throwing around to the Ottawa Senators at this point in time.

Newsflash look at every decent pending UFA at the TDL ever

That's what they cost, probably along with a decent prospect

Fine, let's not get one, then. It's a silly price to pay, let's let someone else make that mistake.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Care to explain?

I'd take you more seriously if you didn't feel you had to resort to ridicule to make your point.

At any rate, teams that take chances for the sake of taking chances also don't win. To many of us, the potential benefit of acquiring Duchene is overshadowed by what we lose in the future. Duchene is not enough of an upgrade at the position he plays that he pushes us to contender status. We don't know, but the guys we trade for him could be in a couple of years. Moreover that trade would gut the assets we could potentially use to acquire such a player if one becomes available in the next couple of years. Duchene, to me, is not worth the price that people seem to be throwing around to the Ottawa Senators at this point in time.

Fine, let's not get one, then. It's a silly price to pay, let's let someone else make that mistake.

Ok... people are overly sensitive. I get that. I'd prefer Landeskog over Duchene anyway. I said Ceci a weak 1st and Brown was a fine risk to take. Then I get someone saying well then I guess I'm fine trading 3 firsts, Brown, Chabot and White. Give me a break. The time to make a move is now. We have an opportunity here.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Ok... people are overly sensitive. I get that. I'd prefer Landeskog over Duchene anyway. I said Ceci a weak 1st and Brown was a fine risk to take. Then I get someone saying well then I guess I'm fine trading 3 firsts, Brown, Chabot and White. Give me a break. The time to make a move is now. We have an opportunity here.

No what I am saying is that is the asking price for him that no team is willing to pay.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
No what I am saying is that is the asking price for him that no team is willing to pay.

You think the asking price for Duchene is all 3 of Chabot, White and Brown plus 3 firsts? How do you figure? I didn't know we were trading for Crosby.

SameeTheSniper

Jun 15, 2016
Ottawa
You think the asking price for Duchene is all 3 of Chabot, White and Brown plus 3 firsts? How do you figure? I didn't know we were trading for Crosby.
lmao crosby probably worth more then that unless the first are early which they arent cause now we have crosby

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
That isn't gutting the future at all. My god people are drama queens. Everyone likes to play it safe. Guess what? Teams that play it safe and don't take chances, don't win. I'd rather an established star than roll the dice on a few prospects.

This type of mentality caused us to be stuck with a 7.25 million dollar Bobby Ryan for the next 5 years.

Anyways, considering that we don't have a 2nd round pick for the next 2 years, and expansion is on the horizon, it would be incredibly short sighted to trade for Duchene as of right now(as good of a player he is).

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I wouldn't trade Chabot for Duchene.

2 years left on his contract. It is possible that he walks and the Sens are left with nothing.

Last edited:

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
This type of mentality caused us to be stuck with a 7.25 million dollar Bobby Ryan for the next 5 years.

Anyways, considering that we don't have a 2nd round pick for the next 2 years, and expansion is on the horizon, it would be incredibly short sighted to trade for Duchene as of right now(as good of a player he is).

We traded for Bobby because Alfie left hours earlier. You strike out once means you never take another swing?

HonestSenator

Dec 11, 2013
I think we should offer up serious assets for Matt Puemple from the Rangers
He has 6 goals in 14 games with them.

Would be a great depth pickup. :)

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
We traded for Bobby because Alfie left hours earlier. You strike out once means you never take another swing?

Well aware of the fact that BM didn't have a choice, just refreshing people's memories of what can potentially happen when you mortgage the future.

The cost of Duchene is higher then what we paid for Bobby at the time as well....which doesn't help matters in the slightest....nor does expansion, and having zero 2nd rounders until 2019(which makes giving up a 1st all the more pricey/risky).

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well aware of the fact that BM didn't have a choice, just refreshing people's memories of what can potentially happen when you mortgage the future.

The cost of Duchene is higher then what we paid for Bobby at the time as well....which doesn't help matters in the slightest....nor does expansion, and having zero 2nd rounders until 2019(which makes giving up a 1st all the more pricey/risky).

Didn't have a choice is the most infamous excuse in history

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

I would give up the 1st for Duchene no questions asked. In the spot we will most likely be picking, there is low chance that the player the Sens pick will be as good as Duchene.

The only problem i have with trading for Duchene is what else would we need to give up for him.

Trading Chabot for possibly 2 years of Duchene is a risky move.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Didn't have a choice is the most infamous excuse in history

Are you suggesting that BM should've just stood pat after that??...I'm sure that would've gone over well with the fan base/season ticket holders after the face of the franchise just left because he didn't believe that he could win here......

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
I would give up the 1st for Duchene no questions asked. In the spot we will most likely be picking, there is low chance that the player the Sens pick will be as good as Duchene.

The only problem i have with trading for Duchene is what else would we need to give up for him.

Trading Chabot for possibly 2 years of Duchene is a risky move.

The cost is in all likelihood our 1st, Chabot, and one of Brown or White. Maybe Dorion can talk them down to Lazar instead of Brown or White...but I doubt it, and even then, that's very risky.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Are you suggesting that BM should've just stood pat after that??...I'm sure that would've gone over well with the fan base/season ticket holders after the face of the franchise just left because he didn't believe that he could win here......

Well it was weird he went to Detroit because their chances weren't much better than Ottawas

ekarlsson65

Jan 11, 2015
Ottawa

He left because Eugene screwed him over after playing the last couple years at a small salary. Management agreed to compensate him and then reneged at contract talks. They did not need to make an impulse trade, i'm quite sick of impulse trades as well. Who would you rather have today, Ryan or Silfverberg? would you rather Zibby and Silfverberg or Ryan and Brassard based on $?

Duchene is a fantastic player but unless there's some sort of commitment contract wise, I would be hesitant to overpay. The only players I would even consider trading Chabot for are Lindholm or OEL. He is too valuable for a team that has no D depth and Karlsson needing a new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad