Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Im just curious what do you guys think it would need to ''Extra protect'' MAF at the expansion draft.

Like what they have to give LV for them to not pick Fleury (and they have Murray protected)

It will be my first expansion as a hockey fan.

Thanks,

Fleury has to be protected due to his no movement clause. If they don't trade Fleury, Murray can't be protected.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Simple – both teams have goalies they believe to be their future #1 in the pipeline (Vasilevsky, Martin.) Los Angeles, Chicago and New York don't have that luxury.

Do you not think, Tampa and Pittsburgh, having seen Quick go down for months wouldn't also require an overpayment to move either of those guys to a team that (we all hope) could contend with them for a playoff spot or in the playoffs? And forget the Sens for a moment, I don't believe either of Fleury or Bishop will be moved for anything less than an over payment. If it is illogical to discuss what would be required to get a guy like Mrazek, it is equally illogical to entertain the notion of getting a Bishop or Fleury - will not happen.

Swedish House

Jun 17, 2015
Fleury has to be protected due to his no movement clause. If they don't trade Fleury, Murray can't be protected.

Didnt know he had a NMC. Lets do it the other way. What they have to give LV so they dont pick Murray if the let him unprotected?

What do you think the price would be?

Same thing with Methot here. What do you think the price would be?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Hey friends.

Question... what are your thoughts on possibly trading Bobby Ryan? I have wanted him in NJ for years.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Off the top of my head, I would be willing to part with Reid Boucher, Jon Merrill, any 2nd, 3rd round picks.... Joe Blandisi...

Where are those players in your lineup?
I see Boucher on the 4th line where is Merrill and Blandisi.. are they extras at this point?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Off the top of my head, I would be willing to part with Reid Boucher, Jon Merrill, any 2nd, 3rd round picks.... Joe Blandisi... Jacob Josefson

sure, sounds good. Send the plane.

We will give him to you for free but if you want to give us picks - let's do it.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Andy Greene is a no go. He's our captain and plays all situations.

Boucher was on the fourth line last night but that's not where he will stay. He's really a second and third line left winger. He's struggling to be consistent. He has shown good signs... scored 62 goals his last year in juniors, was good in the AHL... Blandisi was sent down to Albany. He is very fast and has crazy offensive skill. He needs to work on his defensive game.

Josefson is a good third or fourth line center and is also an excellent penalty killer.

Merrill is on IR with a broken finger but he shouldn't be out too long. He's a low risk high reward acquisition. His growth was stunted a bit with DeBoer as coach since he refused to give young guys a chance.

Moore is someone I would be okay trading. He's solid and does what is asked of him... but he's replaceable.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Do you not think, Tampa and Pittsburgh, having seen Quick go down for months wouldn't also require an overpayment to move either of those guys to a team that (we all hope) could contend with them for a playoff spot or in the playoffs? And forget the Sens for a moment, I don't believe either of Fleury or Bishop will be moved for anything less than an over payment. If it is illogical to discuss what would be required to get a guy like Mrazek, it is equally illogical to entertain the notion of getting a Bishop or Fleury - will not happen.
No, I don't think so. Not if they're planning long-term. Both teams are all but guaranteed to lose a goaltender this offseason due tho the expansion draft. If they play it smart now, they'll move one and make the decision on which to keep, all while maximizing potential gain. If they play hardball and demand overpayment, it's very possible they end up losing a good goalie for nothing.

Where this situation differs from Detroit is that Detroit would probably lose Jimmy Howard, whose best years may well be behind him and whose loss wouldn't be a colossal one to the Wings. Even their GM has said that moving him "might be good for the organization."
Hey friends.

Question... what are your thoughts on possibly trading Bobby Ryan? I have wanted him in NJ for years.
Ryan's biggest issue is his cap hit relative to his production, which is why so many posters in this thread are down on him. But I'd hazard a guess that you probably wouldn't be able to get him with the pieces you're suggesting.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Boucher, Blandisi, Lappin, Wood, Speers. All wingers I'd be okay with trading. Boucher and Blandisi have tremendous potential.. but gaining a top six winger makes me happy to give them up.

I would imagine the more the Devils add, the more salary the Sens are going to have to retain.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Andy Greene is a no go. He's our captain and plays all situations.

Boucher was on the fourth line last night but that's not where he will stay. He's really a second and third line left winger. He's struggling to be consistent. He has shown good signs... scored 62 goals his last year in juniors, was good in the AHL... Blandisi was sent down to Albany. He is very fast and has crazy offensive skill. He needs to work on his defensive game.

Josefson is a good third or fourth line center and is also an excellent penalty killer.

Merrill is on IR with a broken finger but he shouldn't be out too long. He's a low risk high reward acquisition. His growth was stunted a bit with DeBoer as coach since he refused to give young guys a chance.

Moore is someone I would be okay trading. He's solid and does what is asked of him... but he's replaceable.

Decent to good prospects and picks may look better at the TDL than this early in the season I would think.

Boucher, Moore, Merrill, Blandisi all look like interesting prospects

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Only piece from NJD that is realistic/that I'd actually want is their 1st. Other guys are add-ons.

Yeah other than picks, we are a little light on trade pieces. Obviously Zacha, McLeod, and Bastian are integral to the future of this team. We can't trade them unless it's for another Hall type player.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
If I were a betting man, it would take at least a 1st + Quennville.

Unlike some Sens fans, the people who pay and employ Bobby actually seem relatively happy with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad