Beaulieu - Petry

Barberio - Redmond

Emelin - Pateryn

Price

Montoya

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Just a thought about breaking in a few Habs prospects as a 4th line, having McCarron(C) with Scherbak(RW) with either Matteau or Hudon as the LW. Depends upon the opposing team's lineup, for bigger/faster teams insert Matteau(LW) for more talented opponents insert the playmaking/wizardry of Hudon. They could be a great energy line, with the size to dominate or create scoring opportunities, all from the 4th line. Momentum at least getting it and swinging it in your team's favor is huge at the NHL level, the Habs championship teams always had very competitive 3rd & 4th lines. Bergevin has made huge progress with that type of depth since becoming GM, while awaiting the development of his draft choices, to join the Top Six. Signing Radulov(RW) will speed the process up by a couple of yrs., getting Danault, Matteau, Mitchell, Byron, Carr, signed along with emerging draftees JDLR, Hudon, McCarron, Scherbak, Andrighetto, gives the Habs formidable depth in quality forwards of every type, IMHO!

The Habs will be a tough team to play every game this season, depth will be one big reason, alongside the work ethic, character, & desire to be the best. Attributes the entire lineup shares, everyone taking pride in doing their role to the best of their abilities each & every shift, as the Habs SC Championship teams always did. This season provides a team very well capable of winning it all, building their team chemistry throughout the regular season, while peaking at just the right time for the start of the Playoffs!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap: Go Habs Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - McCaron
Radulov - Plekanec - Gallagher
Andrighetto - Shaw - Carr
Mitchell - Danault - Byron

Markov - Weber
Beaulieu - Petry
Sergachev - Pateryn

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Shaw-Plekanec-Gallagher

Switch Pacioretty and Shaw if you want, but Galchenyuk has to play with Radulov, he's the beast playmaker Chucky needs to set him up.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Most likely:

Two lines that are very similar...
Radulov-Galchenyuk-Shaw (or Galchenyuk-Shaw-Radulov)
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher

Danault/Carr-Desharnais-Andrighetto
Danault/Carr-Mitchell-Byron
Flynn/Matteau/McCarron/Sherbak/Hudon

*if some miracle Hudon outplays Desharnais, and DD is moved, we will see Hudon-Danault-Andrighetto line

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn
Barberio-Redman

Unless Sergachev outplays Emelin/Pateryn, he will benefit another year in junior.

Price
Condon
Montoya

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Shaw-Plekanec-Gallagher

Switch Pacioretty and Shaw if you want, but Galchenyuk has to play with Radulov, he's the beast playmaker Chucky needs to set him up.

I agree. Gally can play anywhere and him and Plekanec make a great 2-way duo. Galch then gets a guy who can take his goal scoring into the 30s and hopefully beyond.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
continue from previous thread,

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2074807

If no more moves and I had to guess at the opening night's roster,

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Andrighetto - Plekanec - Gallagher
Carr - Desharnais - Shaw
Danault - Mitchell - Byron

Flynn/Matteau

Markov - Weber
Beaulieu/Barberio - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

Price
Montoya
No Hudon. I think he might be ready and he's better and bigger than dd.

Sending Hudon down for a 3rd year and playing dd is simply stupid.

Dump dd somehow some way. Perhaps In a trade with ghetto to a team that must reach the cap floor. i like ghetto but I feel Hudon has a higher ceiling as an all around player. And he's smart as hell.

And media will like Hudon. If you know what I mean. Takes the sting out of losing dd for them and bergy can sell it that way.

Max chuck rad: 80 goals easy
Carr pleks Gally: 50 goals
Hudon danault shaw: 35 goals, Hudon rookie year with 10.
X Mitchell Byron : 20 goals

No soft smurfs on any line. Except pleks but he can handle himself especially with those wings. 4th line a bit soft and that's where X comes in. Bergy needs to find a big tough 4th line lw that can score 7 goals.

I actually love Carr pleks gally. Nightmare pest line. With scoring and pleks d ability.

And shaw will protect Hudon. And bergy must have taken danault believing he could replace Eller or dd. Let's hope so.

185 goals from O and 30 goals from the D is 215. Very conservative. If the first and second line pumps in ten more, 225 is ok if price is healthy.

A young fast team with Weber backing them up.

And Hudon gets a good year in. While offense develops (we hope) in the ahl.

Tempted to put DLR in the x position but one more year working on offense with scherbak and mac in ahl is better. If DLR could ever become a 15 goal scorer, he'd be a monster 3c.

This is a huge camp for Hudon, I think it comes down to him vs DD.

As for lehkonen, strength and endurance might be an issue. Send him back to Sweden with a strict fitness strength and endurance regime. Let him get one year older and bigger.

Any suggestions on the 4th LW?

Last edited:

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Carr - Galchenyuk - Radulov

Shaw - Plekanec - Ghetto

Byron - Danault - Mitchell

Flynn

Beaulieu - Petry (did well last year as a pairing)

Barberio/Markov - Weber

Markov/Barberio - Emelin

Pateryn

Price

Montoya

3rd place, second round exit - sweep Tampa Bay

Last edited:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Most likely:

Two lines that are very similar...
Radulov-Galchenyuk-Shaw (or Galchenyuk-Shaw-Radulov)

Danault/Carr-Desharnais-Andrighetto
Danault/Carr-Mitchell-Byron
Flynn/Matteau/McCarron/Sherbak/Hudon

*if some miracle Hudon outplays Desharnais, and DD is moved, we will see Hudon-Danault-Andrighetto line

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn
Barberio-Redman

Unless Sergachev outplays Emelin/Pateryn, he will benefit another year in junior.

Price
Condon
Montoya

Hudon danault ghetto is soft as butter in July. If Hudon makes the team shaw will be on his line.

See my post above. Ghetto and dd are too small and soft. And redundant.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
u have to separate shaw and Gallagher. i want grit on two lines.

so.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Shaw

Radulov - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Carr - Desharnais - Andrighetto

Matteau|Flynn

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Shaw - Plekanec - Radulov

Hudon - Danault - Andrighetto

Carr - Mitchell - Byron

Beaulieu - Weber

Markov - Petry

Barberio - Emelin

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Shaw-Plekanec-Gallagher

This is the line opening night. After that MT will press start on the blender during the season but this is what he should go with on game 1.

Why did we sign Rads for 5.75 if we aren't going to put him on the top line with Max and AG?

Plex and Gally are 20 and 25 G scoreres. As long as you put someone who can score 15 on the other wing that is one of the best 2nd lines in the game.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher

Carr - Galchenyuk - Radulov

Shaw - Plekanec - Ghetto

Flynn

Beaulieu - Petry (did well last year as a pairing)

Barberio/Markov - Weber

Markov/Barberio - Emelin

Pateryn

Price

Montoya

3rd place, second round exit - sweep Tampa Bay

Weber will not be on the 2nd pairing.

While people will grimace at DD being in the line-up at all, I don't see an option as he will provide more offense than Danault, on the 3rd line. DD can't be on the top line as it might be okay for the regular season, but DD dies in the play-offs offensively.

Really need to see training camp because we will see what young guys can bring and which of them make the line-up. If Carr is Gallagher Lite then maybe he can fill LW with Galchenyuk and Radulov, then Shaw can play with DD on the 3rd line etc.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Weber will not be on the 2nd pairing.

While people will grimace at DD being in the line-up at all, I don't see an option as he will provide more offense than Danault, on the 3rd line. DD can't be on the top line as it might be okay for the regular season, but DD dies in the play-offs offensively.

Really need to see training camp because we will see what young guys can bring and which of them make the line-up. If Carr is Gallagher Lite then maybe he can fill LW with Galchenyuk and Radulov, then Shaw can play with DD on the 3rd line etc.

The Habs have always cherished the Gallagher type players, having three very similar types on our team in A.Shaw & D.Carr gives the Habs a decided edge on most of their opponents, IMHO. Every line needs a balanced mix of players whose chemistry makes them difficult if not impossible to defend continuously. The Habs appear to have all the parts necessary at least on paper, the chemistry remains to be seen in regular season & playoffs, but it looks extremely good from my vantage point, SC Finals coming up!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Dump dd somehow some way. Perhaps In a trade with ghetto to a team that must reach the cap floor. i like ghetto but I feel Hudon has a higher ceiling as an all around player. And he's smart as hell.

I've been one of Hudon's biggest supporters on this site but I don't think sending him back to the AHL is stupid. Besides he should be the first call up if he doesn't make it. (as i'm hoping management isn't done yet and still finds a way to add one more forward) As for DD they tried to dump him last year supposedly. I don't see it happening, we are stuck with him imo.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011

And media will like Hudon. If you know what I mean. Takes the sting out of losing dd for them and bergy can sell it that way.

Max chuck rad: 80 goals easy
Carr pleks Gally: 50 goals
Hudon danault shaw: 35 goals, Hudon rookie year with 10.
X Mitchell Byron : 20 goals

No soft smurfs on any line. Except pleks but he can handle himself especially with those wings. 4th line a bit soft and that's where X comes in. Bergy needs to find a big tough 4th line lw that can score 7 goals.

I actually love Carr pleks gally. Nightmare pest line. With scoring and pleks d ability.

And shaw will protect Hudon. And bergy must have taken danault believing he could replace Eller or dd. Let's hope so.

185 goals from O and 30 goals from the D is 215. Very conservative. If the first and second line pumps in ten more, 225 is ok if price is healthy.

A young fast team with Weber backing them up.

And Hudon gets a good year in. While offense develops (we hope) in the ahl.

Tempted to put DLR in the x position but one more year working on offense with scherbak and mac in ahl is better. If DLR could ever become a 15 goal scorer, he'd be a monster 3c.

This is a huge camp for Hudon, I think it comes down to him vs DD.

As for lehkonen, strength and endurance might be an issue. Send him back to Sweden with a strict fitness strength and endurance regime. Let him get one year older and bigger.

Any suggestions on the 4th LW?
I quite like that line-up. As for the 4th LW, we can plug Matteau in there, or try and lure Michael Ferland from Calgary.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Pacc(snipper)-Plek(playmaker)-Gally(front net presence)
Shaw(front net)-Galchy(snipper)-Radu(playmaker)
Carr(front net)-DD(playmaker)-Andrighetto
Byron-Dano-Mitchell
Flynn-?(enforcer who can play hockey)

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin/Barberio-Pateryn

Price
Montoya

So we need an enforcer with hockey skills(Matteau???,Bordeleau,Dziurzynski....).or McCarron

4e line=Dano-McCarron-Mitchell
Byron-Flynn

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Byron-Dano-Mitchell

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin/Barberio-Pateryn

Price
Montoya

So we need an enforcer with hockey skills(Matteau???,Bordeleau,Dziurzynski....).or McCarron

Byron-Flynn

That is a decent line-up.

We do not need an enforcer. Matteau is AHL material until he proves otherwise. Bordeleau OMG nooo. McCarron is being developed to be a hockey player, and if he can fight as an aside, so be it.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Shaw-Plekanec-Gallagher

Actually Radulov is as good at passing as he is at finishing plays .He's a guy that creates offense on his own , he doesn't need to be set up by someone.

So he doesn't need to absolutely play with Galchenyuk.

This is the line opening night. After that MT will press start on the blender during the season but this is what he should go with on game 1.

Why did we sign Rads for 5.75 if we aren't going to put him on the top line with Max and AG?

Plex and Gally are 20 and 25 G scoreres. As long as you put someone who can score 15 on the other wing that is one of the best 2nd lines in the game.

I think they will try and have a net presence on each of the first 3 lines .

So Shaw, Gally and Carr will play on 3 different lines .

My guess would be :

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Shaw-Plekanec-Radulov

Carr-DD-Ghetto

Maybe change Plek and Chucky ... I think they will try Radulov with both just to see what gives.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
A few comments about your line-ups.

Those who put DD on top-2 line are not serious.
DD started with third line duties and will go back there next season.
Galchenyuk is now a center.
Therrien said it and the end of season presser: "he was not ready" so now he is.
With 30 goals and 56 points, he is our 1st center.

Removing DD from the line-up is also not better.
He can give us some precious points as a third line center before he goes away.
MB already tried to trade him.
If he is not traded, he will get third line.
Giving a young player to get rid of DD in the last year of his contract is a bad idea.

BTW, Hartnell is already 34 and is bound to decline given his physical play.
He also has a NTC.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Byron-Dano-Mitchell

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin/Barberio-Pateryn

Price
Montoya

Byron-Flynn

Any line with both dd and ghetto on it will get killed.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Opener Lineup:

Forwards:
#67 Pacioretty (C) - #14 Plekanec - #11 Gallagher (A)
#62 Lehkonen - #27 Galchenyuk - #47 Radulov
#43 Carr - #24 Danault - #65 Shaw
#41 Byron - #17 Mitchell - #32 Flynn
#42 Andrighetto

#51 Desharnais DL

Defense:
#28 Beaulieu - #6 Weber (A)
#79 Markov (A) - #26 Petry
#74 Emelin - #22 Redman
#8 Pateryn

#45 Barberio DL

Goalie:
#31 Price
#35 Montoya

#39 Condon

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Provided we're done making moves, I'm guessing the roster looks something like

Andrighetto-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Carr-DD-Shaw
Byron-Mitchell-Danault
Flynn

In my best case scenario, DD isn't good enough for the team and doesn't get ice time. With what we have I'd most like

Carr-Plekanec-Gallagher
Andrighetto-McCarron-Shaw
Byron-Mitchell-Danault

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Galchenyuk and Radulov I would think will be our 2 best forwards, so I would be surprised if they weren't on the 1st line with Pac.

If we are stuck with DD on the 3rd line, he needs guys that will create space. Shaw makes sense, Danault I see more of as a 4th liner but if they really like him and think he has untapped offensive upside then it makes sense. I figured on a Carr vs Hudon battle with Carr clearly holding the upper hand with his one way, just that at least neither needs to clear waivers.

A Danault Mitchell Byron line would be a quick one, but as 4th lines go that would also be a soft one. Then again you could slot Matteau in there against bigger, more physical teams if he makes the cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad