Matteau waived.

Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

Barberio / Redmond

Price
Montoya

Oct 22, 2012
I'm really thinking (hoping), Andrighetto will be that guy this year that make us all say dayummmm.

I mean the kid has a french saying tattoo'd on his chest, he will be the new DD, except, he's good.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
What I think it will look like:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Hudon-Plekanec-Radulov
Carr-Desharnais-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Andrighetto

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn

Price
Montoya

(I am not a DD fan, and I do not pray he stays in the line-up, but pending no other moves I don't know if we have a great alternative)

Last edited by a moderator:

Charkey

Nov 9, 2007
Wild Card

Lets not forget Artturi Lehkonen, he might be a surprise this year(fingers cross).

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Carr - Plekanec - Radulov
Danault - Desharnais - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Andrighetto

Flynn

Matteau waived.

Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn

Barberio / Redmond

Price
Montoya

Yep. I have the EXACT same line-up to begin the year. With Andrighetto getting the second shot at LW2, then Hudon/Lehkonen if the other two can't do the job.

MB is not gonna go for a top-6. He might be tempted to trade for a defenseman, but I think it's highly unlikely he'll trade any asset for a top-6 winger until he has tried all the young guys we have first. Then, he'll maybe trade for one at the deadline, if we're in good position for a playoff push.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Radulov
Shaw-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Carr-McCarron-Andrighetto
Byron-Desharnais-Danault

Mitchell/Flynn

Habernack

BookHockey
Feb 10, 2010
Toronto
Things we need to accept, as much as I don't want too...

DD will be the 3C or perhaps even the 2C
Shaw will not play LW
top 6 acquisitions are not happening via trade - unless MB blows us away, good/bad.
4 kids fighting for 2LW & 3LW spots
Byron/Flynn will be playing

Patch - Galch - Gally/Rads
Ghetto/Carr/Hudon/Lektonen - Pleks/DD - Rads/Gally
Ghetto/Carr/Hudon/Lektonen - DD/Pleks - Shaw
Danault - Mitch - Byron
Flynn/Matteau

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
What MT will probably do:

Patch-DD-Shaw
Galchenyuk-Plek-Gallagher
Carr-Hudon-Radulov (Rad in the doghouse after going 0g0a0pts -1 in one game)
Danault-Mitch-Byron
EX: Flynn, Andrighetto

Weber-Markov
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Barbeiro
EX: Pateryn

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
MT will mix up lines all year depending on match-ups and injuries but this is what I would do to start the season. This team needs to think defense first and score on opportunities (PP!!!). Its the best fit with the D we got and one of the best Goalies in the world. All lines need to be balanced.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher: I like the idea of Patch playing with Chucky to protect him on the defensive side of things. Gallagher just makes it a balanced top line with scoring, speed, and a bit a grit. Likely means Chucky is due a big raise after the season! Thats probably happening regardless

Carr - Desharnais - Radulov: Not sure why people dislike DD so much (and no I'm not french). My only problem is having him as your 1C. DD and Plekanec as your 2C/3C is not ideal either but its the best we got at this point. If Desharnais/Radulov can get along (aparently they hated each other in QMJHL), I think this is a good fit. For some reason, I like Radulov on his own away from Pleky and Chucky as he doesn't need much help scoring and is a bit of a puck hog. Throw Carr on the line to give it some size and additional scoring.

Lehkonen/Hudon/Andrighetto - Plekanec - Shaw: I like Pleky playing with Shaw. Let the battle begin on the left side! I do like our options with the upcoming prospects! Not much size but there is skill there! Also, Plekanec and DD can be swapped from each line at any given time depending on chemistry

Danault - Mitchell - McCarron/Andrighetto: Mitchell is a good 4C and Danault and McCarron have size and some skill. Good 4th line!

Byron is your spare and MT uses him when we need speed or injuries. Just wish this guy could score on his breakaways! haha

Beaulieu - Weber:

Beaulieu - Weber: I think Beaulieu is ready and I don't like Markov playing top minutes at this point in his career. Weber is a beast on the back end. Z Chara type with more offense! Losing PK sucked but we gained a stud and punisher on the back end. Not worried about his age until he reaches 36. Thats when Nashville starts to really win the deal.

Markov - Petry: Decent 2nd paring on D. Maybe we can finally reduce Markov's minutes and use him where he is most valuable.. on the PP!

Emelin/Barberio - Pateryn/Redmond Let these guys battle for a spot in the regular lineup. A little depth and competition helps.

Price - Montoya Not sure why we didn't go with Condon as a backup but we got Montoya now so go with him. Condon to the AHL.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
There is no doubt in my mind that Carr has the job as the 2nd line LW to start training camp. He was called up before Andrighetto, and Therrien never stopped to praise him when he played. Habs' management love the way he plays the game, always rushing the net.

Now, I don't think he's a sure thing; I'm more encline to believe the #2 LW job is his to lose. And MAYBE another kid might win the job, but it would have to be under 2 specific conditions : Carr plays bad AND the other kid plays great. If the other kid plays great and Carr plays "ok", Carr will win the job.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There is no doubt in my mind that Carr has the job as the 2nd line LW to start training camp. He was called up before Andrighetto, and Therrien never stopped to praise him when he played. Habs' management love the way he plays the game, always rushing the net.

Now, I don't think he's a sure thing; I'm more encline to believe the #2 LW job is his to lose. And MAYBE another kid might win the job, but it would have to be under 2 specific conditions : Carr plays bad AND the other kid plays great. If the other kid plays great and Carr plays "ok", Carr will win the job.

I agree.. Carr has to play pretty bad to not make the line-up. He has decent size, can score, and got a bit a grit. It's what we need. Hope he's not injury prone though.

The real battle is with Andrighetto, Hudon, Lehkonen, & McCarron. Andrighetto has to clear waivers so he probably makes the team unless he is traded to sweeten up a deal with DD or Emelin. I watched Andrighetto in the Q and he always scored big goals. Very underrated. Almost Gally round 2! Lehkonen and Hudon are similar players and have to earn their way. Lehkonen gets a real look because he is back overseas if he doesn't make it. Hudon will get his chance at some point.

Scherbak, De La Rose, Reway play another year in AHL with potential of a few game call-ups. Reway is interesting on the PP as an option. I'm sure they try it out at some point in the season. Real offensive player with skill but is small.

Flynn & Matteau AHL bound if they clear waivers? Lets see how training camp goes I guess. Hope Molson is ok with all those one way contracts playing in the AHL

alexhabs26

Jul 11, 2016
My guest if nothing change.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Andrighetto - Plekanec - Gallagher
Carr - Desharnais - Shaw
Danault - Mitchell - Byron
Matteau
Out : Flynn
McCarron in the lineup if he have a great camp.

If Sergachyev have a great camp
Sergachyev - Weber
Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn
Barberio
Trade or 8D : Emelin

If he is not ready
Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Barbario - Pateryn
Emelin

Price
Montoya

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Continuation from previous post...

Beaulieu - Weber: I think Beaulieu is ready and I don't like Markov playing top minutes at this point in his career. Weber is a beast on the back end. Z Chara type with more offense! Losing PK sucked but we gained a stud and punisher on the back end. Not worried about his age until he reaches 36. Thats when Nashville starts to really win the deal.

Markov - Petry: Decent 2nd paring on D. Maybe we can finally reduce Markov's minutes and use him where he is most valuable.. on the PP!

Emelin/Barberio - Pateryn/Redmond Let these guys battle for a spot in the regular lineup. A little depth and competition helps.

Price - Montoya Not sure why we didn't go with Condon as a backup but we got Montoya now so go with him. Condon to the AHL.

Redmond is more likely to battle for a 3rd pairing spot in the AHL than he is to battle for one in the NHL

A slight exaggeration, but he'll never be a regular NHLer

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Redmond is more likely to battle for a 3rd pairing spot in the AHL than he is to battle for one in the NHL

Agreed but he has to clear waivers. MB might keep him with the habs as a 8th d man. Probably not but he may get claimed if called up due to injuries. Risky

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Agreed but he has to clear waivers. MB might keep him with the habs as a 8th d man. Probably not but he may get claimed if called up due to injuries. Risky

Waive him during the first week and run with 7 defensemen

14F (Flynn+Matteau extras)
7D (Pateryn/Barberio extra, who ever loses the 6th)
2G

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Perhaps but the guy did put up a .34 ppg the previous year which over 82 games is 28 pts. I don't think the Habs really want to pay him 575K and 650K to play in the AHL these next 2 years. They must think he has some sort of NHL future.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Perhaps but the guy did put up a .34 ppg the previous year which over 82 games is 28 pts. I don't think the Habs really want to pay him 575K and 650K to play in the AHL these next 2 years. They must think he has some sort of NHL future.

His advanced stats suggest he's not an nhler. Seems to me he just benefitted from playing with the top line when he had a good year based on his game log

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
His advanced stats suggest he's not an nhler. Seems to me he just benefitted from playing with the top line when he had a good year based on his game log

Depth move by MB n case of injuries. Agreed he starts in AHL but risky if the call him up. Not a big loss if we lose him but we're thin on NHL ready d depth

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

from before his injury? Cause 20 pts in 59 games is impressive and we need more offense from our blueline. Besides I don't care what any advanced stat says, I would be surprised if the Habs gave him 1.225M just to be in the AHL.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

I'm pretty sure the opposite is true actually, Redmond had some of the best advanced stats on the Avs. People pull up his hero chart all the time.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The difference will be if (at least) one of Carr/Lehkonen/Andrighetto can step up. No idea if anyone of the will do so completely (or by themselves) but between the 3 of them, I think we can improve secondary scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad