Line Combos: 2016-17 Team Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Lines at practice

Radulov-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Carr (Shaw absent)
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Byron
Danault-Mitchell-Flynn

Emelin-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn

FU.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I don't understand we basically are having crappy lines because of Bryan Flynn

We love you Bryan but jeez

And the emelin Weber pair is getting exposed every game we lack a top 4 if beaulieu isn't it and I'm happy he scored that's what he can bring if he joins the rush .

Sergy to me isn't the solution he is more of a future marky replacement

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I don't understand we basically are having crappy lines because of Bryan Flynn

I wouldn't at all say we have "crappy lines". Where are you getting that? Even if we did, how is Brian Flynn the problem? The only line he's been on the whole season so far has been fantastic!

:help:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I wouldn't at all say we have "crappy lines". Where are you getting that? Even if we did, how is Brian Flynn the problem? The only line he's been on the whole season so far has been fantastic!

:help:

Carr was sent to the ahl because no spot for him. Instead of putting Shaw on the third line and Carr too we are putting Byron there and Byron belongs where Flynn plays

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
If you want my opinion, this what i would do for our bottom 6.

Lehkonen-Plekanec-McCarron
Danault-Mitchell-Byron

Sorry Flynn, you're a good guy, but we need mor jam.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Carr was sent to the ahl because no spot for him. Instead of putting Shaw on the third line and Carr too we are putting Byron there and Byron belongs where Flynn plays

Even without Carr in the lineup, I'd kinda like to see Danault given a shot on the 3rd line instead of Byron. Just to see how well it works.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Even without Carr in the lineup, I'd kinda like to see Danault given a shot on the 3rd line instead of Byron. Just to see how well it works.

Why break up what is the best 4th line in the league? They're scoring a bunch of goals and dominating the puck in the offensive zone. It makes zero sense in my mind to break that up. Think about it this way; Vancouver has 17 goals as a team, that 4th line has 7 by themselves.

If anything, change the middle two lines up to try and get them going.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Byron
Lehkonen-Desharnais-Shaw

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The only thing I'd change about that 4th line is taking Flynn out and adding Byron. Opening a slot on another line for Carr.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Best 4th line in the league is danault-Mitchell-Byron

Not Flynn , he has 2 assists

I was regarding Flynn highly when we got him but didn't know he was that bad . He is ok out there he isn't a liability but offensively he can't shoot or do anything

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Best 4th line in the league is danault-Mitchell-Byron

Not Flynn , he has 2 assists

I was regarding Flynn highly when we got him but didn't know he was that bad . He is ok out there he isn't a liability but offensively he can't shoot or do anything
Flynn has been pretty decent...I would drop DD and recall Big Mac, and then let them prove who belongs on that line...there are some moving parts there, but Mitch, Flynn, Dano have been awesome!! Better than our 2nd line, with DD,Max, and Shawzie, but that doesn't take much...

NewfoundlandHab

Jul 14, 2014
I'd like:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Galchenuk-Radulov
Carr-DD-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Byron

Beaulieu-Weber
Emelin-Petry
Markov-Pateryn

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I'd like:

Carr-DD-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Byron

Beaulieu-Weber
Emelin-Petry
Markov-Pateryn

Pretty good. The 1st two lines, amazingly enough, haven't been tried yet but it's what I've been saying since day one. That 3rd was, and didn't exactly turn heads, but they weren't given much of a chance either.

Those were my d-lines from day one too, but I've come to like Markov with Petry way too much.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Slower than Emelin - Weber?

Probably about the same.

Emelin-Weber isn't destined for long term success either IMO though. Hence all the talk about another defenceman. Weber needs a partner who can really skate, its good to have a guy who can compliment him.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'd like:

Carr-DD-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Byron

Beaulieu-Weber
Emelin-Petry
Markov-Pateryn

After last night's debacle, perhaps the smartest thing the coach could do for morale is go back to the lines that started the season.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Radulov
Carr/Byron-DD-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Byron/Flynn

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
We are paying Plekanec, DD and Shaw 13.5 mil for 3 goals and 6 assists in 11 games. Backes, Lucic or Okposo would look good on this team instead of DD and Shaw.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I'd go with:

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Carr - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

Beaulieu - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Markov - Pateryn

I think we need to give those two top lines some time to settle in and not get impatient if it doesn't come right away. We know Galchenyuk and Radulov have great chemistry already, and Gallagher and Pacioretty are s good pair. Gotta give Lehkonen 20 games or so.

I think Danault can move up and that line would have lots of energy. Desharnais sits for now. I think we should at least see what the team is like without him. Rather do it early.

I think Beaulieu is ready for another go at the top pair. Emelin isn't sustainable as a top pair. Tried it before with Subban. But he's good with Petry.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I'd go with:

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Carr - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

Beaulieu - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Markov - Pateryn

I think we need to give those two top lines some time to settle in and not get impatient if it doesn't come right away. We know Galchenyuk and Radulov have great chemistry already, and Gallagher and Pacioretty are s good pair. Gotta give Lehkonen 20 games or so.

I think Danault can move up and that line would have lots of energy. Desharnais sits for now. I think we should at least see what the team is like without him. Rather do it early.

I was gonna suggest something similar, except Carr - Shaw - Byron but yours I like more. I thought about my line since Shaw has played C before, but Danault I think deserves a shot. Carr, Danault and Shaw could be a very aggressive, pesky line. Anyhow, I know Lehkonen hasn't been lighting it up but I really think DD needs to be scratched and see how this goes.

We are paying Plekanec, DD and Shaw 13.5 mil for 3 goals and 6 assists in 11 games. Backes, Lucic or Okposo would look good on this team instead of DD and Shaw.

While I would agree to an extent, stories around July 1 was Okposo would not even open an envelope from the Habs. True or not, I would not be surprised if he was one of the UFAs (of many I am sure) that MB was alluding to about not wanting to come to Montreal.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Mt has fixed the first two lines exactly like we wanted

But Carr sitting for Flynn and Byron situation is the same until we don't fix that....meh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad