Injury Report: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Wait, do you mean like last year when that was landeskogs never ending excuse for his production and lack of Viking mode? Must be the fan base...

People brought it up, but Landy was in the range of his career production. The Viking mode has been sporadic since his rookie season. To me that is a good thing since it much better for his longevity IMO.

Landy's PPG last season: .7066
Landy's career PPG (prior to last season): .6868
Landy's total career PPG including the 2 games this season: .6955

People don't like it, but since Landy has entered the league, he has been the most consistent offensive player for the Avs. The concussion on the lockout shortened year was the only year where he was significantly below his career averages. If that was a full 82 game season, he probably would have been closer to his average too.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
People brought it up, but Landy was in the range of his career production. The Viking mode has been sporadic since his rookie season. To me that is a good thing since it much better for his longevity IMO.

Landy's PPG last season: .7066
Landy's career PPG (prior to last season): .6868
Landy's total career PPG including the 2 games this season: .6955

People don't like it, but since Landy has entered the league, he has been the most consistent offensive player for the Avs. The concussion on the lockout shortened year was the only year where he was significantly below his career averages. If that was a full 82 game season, he probably would have been closer to his average too.

Landeskog is the Avs' most underappreciated player. I'm not sure exactly why. My guess is that he's one of those guys who does many things well, but nothing exceptionally. Whether it's speed, skating, stick handling, passing, shot - he does them all reasonably well, but isn't eye-opening in any of those respects. Combine that with him being the #2 overall pick......I suppose that must be it.

Dude can play hockey though. I'm happy he's on this team. If the Avs were to move him via trade, that'd be a massive loss.

This is not happening here.

:huh:

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Can someone tell me if Duchene's shoulder really will be a nagging injury all year? Do separated shoulder's heal up on their own or do they require surgery to help them fully heal? Thanks!

Seriously, though......anybody know? I seem to remember this injury takes surgery to fully heal right, but I don't know for sure.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Seriously, though......anybody know? I seem to remember this injury takes surgery to fully heal right, but I don't know for sure.

It depends on how bad it is. Some guys it bothers them all year. Gets better, then gets worse. It pops in and out randomly, and they just fight through it. No way to tell how bad Duchene's is without knowing him, and he's not gonna say it's bothering him to the media.

He could be getting close to 100%, it's hard to tell. He seems to be taking contact ok, and not shying away from it during his puck battles.

I don't have any info on this, but I was always pretty sure Landy battled through a shoulder injury for a good portion of last year.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
It depends on how bad it is. Some guys it bothers them all year. Gets better, then gets worse. It pops in and out randomly, and they just fight through it. No way to tell how bad Duchene's is without knowing him, and he's not gonna say it's bothering him to the media.

He could be getting close to 100%, it's hard to tell. He seems to be taking contact ok, and not shying away from it during his puck battles.

I don't have any info on this, but I was always pretty sure Landy battled through a shoulder injury for a good portion of last year.

Thanks, yeah I seem to remember Landy having a shoulder problem too.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
This is the injury update thread, there will only be posts pertaining to injury updates. If y'all want to discuss and rehash there are hundreds of other threads to choose from.

Oh, right. Sorry...

Honestly, I follow a dozen or so posters' stuff in here more closely than most, and when they post something good, I just reply without much thought to the thread title. Can't seem to break the habit... :D

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Seems relevant to the injury thread. Duchene is playing with a lingering shoulder injury, not unlike landeskog did last year and statistical production aside, landeskog was not playing to his potential. Several posters around here mentioned it and (rightfully so) used that information in the context of landeskogs performance. How is it different with duchene? Serious question

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Seems relevant to the injury thread. Duchene is playing with a lingering shoulder injury, not unlike landeskog did last year and statistical production aside, landeskog was not playing to his potential. Several posters around here mentioned it and (rightfully so) used that information in the context of landeskogs performance. How is it different with duchene? Serious question

A medical discussion is relevant if it remained that. Considering the nature and likelihood to devolve into who sucks more by each of their camps I'd prefer if that discussion got started somewhere else.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
A medical discussion is relevant if it remained that. Considering the nature and likelihood to devolve into who sucks more by each of their camps I'd prefer if that discussion got started somewhere else.

Time for a "Suckiest core player" thread to contain that crap in?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Landy skating on a regular line and should play vs the habs. Per Lavio.

Also Iggy on the 4th line. Still too high for him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Injured Dec 3rd, in two weeks if he's skating it'll be ~Jan 26th. I'd say another two weeks of actual skating and practicing before he plays bringing us to ~Feb 9th.

IIRC I predicted he'd be out for 3 months even given the 6-8 weeks timeframe. Hopefully he can get back soon but I'm in no rush. Let him heal 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad