Injury Report: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
Rantanen was able to go through all the drills, but he was wearing a no-contact jersey. Unlike a lot of NHL teams, the Colorado Avalanche won't start their regular season until Oct. 15, so there's still a chance Rantanen will be able to play in the Avalanche's first game. "I’m getting better every day," said Rantanen. "The rehab had gone pretty well and it’s starting to feel pretty good. I just have to keep it feeling good. That’s the goal." - yahoo sports

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Rantanen was able to go through all the drills, but he was wearing a no-contact jersey. Unlike a lot of NHL teams, the Colorado Avalanche won't start their regular season until Oct. 15, so there's still a chance Rantanen will be able to play in the Avalanche's first game. "I’m getting better every day," said Rantanen. "The rehab had gone pretty well and it’s starting to feel pretty good. I just have to keep it feeling good. That’s the goal." - yahoo sports

Sucks it had to be Rantanen. Any vets miss training camp, an did not be too worried. I kinda hate for Rantanen to only get a couple of practices before his rookie season.

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
Tue, Oct 11
Mikko Rantanen (ankle) participated in a regular practice on Tuesday.
Advice: He could be ready to play in Saturday's regular season opener. - Yahoo Sports

Anyone know what line he was playing on?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Tue, Oct 11
Mikko Rantanen (ankle) participated in a regular practice on Tuesday.
Advice: He could be ready to play in Saturday's regular season opener. - Yahoo Sports

Anyone know what line he was playing on?

3rd or 4th line to start probably. Not a lot of info around here and several injuries things are fluid.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This was the update:

Hopefully just some soreness he's got to battle through. Not signs of a nagging high ankle sprain he keeps tweaking.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He did not have a high ankle sprain, he wouldn't even be on skates now. This is why I refrain from hot button injury updates, it's pointless when we don't know anything.

Maybe I missed a report refuting that it might be a high ankle sprain? Was that out there? I was speaking generally, because I hadn't seen much specifics on it. There are varying degrees of high ankle sprains in terms of severity, they're not automatic long term issues, though they can be.

It's pretty tough to roll your ankle like you would in a shoe, with a hockey skate, it usually affects the ligaments higher up. Even still, the ligaments are all connected, and with your foot fully supported in a boot when you go back to skating, the ligaments up higher are the ones that can be vulnerable. You can start off with a lower sprain, and end up with a higher sprain because the ligaments are usually tighter and more susceptible to injury.

They can even lead to groin, knee, or hip issues sometimes too. Stabilizing your foot like that, can lead to lots of other lower body issues because your foot is more or less fixed in one positions and the rest of your leg compensates by moving around. If your ankle isn't as strong as it should be it puts more strain on the rest of the leg at various places.

That said, I don't know what his exact injury was, and I didn't get the impression it was too severe.

Last edited:

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
He did not have a high ankle sprain, he wouldn't even be on skates now. This is why I refrain from hot button injury updates, it's pointless when we don't know anything.

Fine, make me feel bad

writing-feeling-bad.jpg

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Can someone tell me if Duchene's shoulder really will be a nagging injury all year? Do separated shoulder's heal up on their own or do they require surgery to help them fully heal? Thanks!

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Can someone tell me if Duchene's shoulder really will be a nagging injury all year? Do separated shoulder's heal up on their own or do they require surgery to help them fully heal? Thanks!

I can tell you it will be a nagging excuse all year, whenever he doesn't produce it will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg