Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
93639998_slide.jpg

As of December 4

Player | --- Injury Details --- | Date of Injury| Return Expected | --- --- --- Notes --- --- ---
Matt Duchene | Separated shoulder | World Cup | World Cup | Didn't miss any time
Mikko Rantanen | Sprained ankle | Sept 17|2-4 weeks| Returned 10/28
Blake Comeau|Groin |Unknown |Unknown |Returned 11/15
John Mitchell|Hip flexor |B/W Game | Unknown |Returned 10/28
Matt Duchene | Concussion| Nov 11| - | Returned 11/21
Gabe Landeskog| LBI| Nov 15|| Returned late Nov
Erik Johnson | Broken fibula| Dec 3| 6-8 weeks (lol)| Practicing mon-contact
Semyon Varlamov | Groin| Ongoing|Start of Training Camp| Will undergo hip surgery in Vail on 1/26/17
Nikita Zadorov | Broken Ankle| Feb 20|Out for season|
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |
| | | - |

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That's unfortunate. I was hoping he'd only be out a few days. Hopefully it's closer to two weeks so he can still get some time in prior to the season.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
3qafhk.jpg

If we're lucky Rantanen won't miss a single game outside of the pre-season games and to be honest all we hope for during those is that players won't get injured.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
On the bright side, maybe all this time he's going to miss will force them to play him at wing when he's back.

Sorry, I'm trying to look for positives here.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
On the bright side, maybe all this time he's going to miss will force them to play him at wing when he's back.

Sorry, I'm trying to look for positives here.

I was just wondering the same. I was really curios to see how they used him during training pre-season when Nate and Duchene came back. If they moved him back to wing, or kept trying him out at center.

Seems as though Sakic might be pushing this experiment a bit. I think he's a perfect fit on wing, but if he can learn to play center well, and get good at faceoffs, he could solve a big problem for the Avs moving forward in finding that big two way center that so many elite teams have.

Would probably mean Jost moves to the wing though. I like his abilities at center, but I think he could be a great fit on the wing with Mack as well.

How weird would it be though if Bednar ended up using both Duchene and Mack on the wing, with Mikko and Jost at center? Nothing's really set in stone anymore, and Mack has looked great on the wing again at the World Cup.

Last edited:

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
How weird would it be though if Bednar ended up using both Duchene and Mack on the wing, with Mikko and Jost at center? Nothing's really set in stone anymore, and Mack has looked great on the wing again at the World Cup.

In the end I'd like to see Duchene and Jost as our 1-2 center punch; I feel like both Rantanen and MacKinnon will be more impactful from the wing.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

That's the best news I've heard in a while. I was picturing a high ankle sprain bothering him all year, or leading to something else like groin or knee problems.

Chambers relaying some relevant info for a change. :handclap:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Aren't there regular ankle sprains too? And isn't a bone bruise basically a fracture? Not trying to dump on the optimism but just trying to keep it real. I wasn't worried it was a high ankle sprain, they never would have quoted 2-4 weeks or called it minor then.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Aren't their regular ankle sprains too? And isn't a bone bruise basically a fracture? Not trying to dump on the optimism but just trying to keep it real.

Because of the way the foot sits in the boot, they're usually high ankle sprains in hockey. Painful, and really nagging injuries that are hard to get over during the season if you try to play through them. They often lead to other lower body injuries because of the way you compensate for them.

I'm not a doctor, but I think a bone bruise is slightly different than a fracture, and not as bad. Chambers just said bruise though, for whatever that's worth. That's different than a bone bruise, which affects the bone.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Even if it was a small fracture, that is way, way better than a high ankle sprain. A slight fracture could be healed enough to play in 2-3 weeks.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Hoping Rantanen can make it back for the last 2-3 preseason games. Really depends on what kind of bruise it is.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If it was a high ankle sprain, we wouldn't talk about 2-4 weeks. Nasty injuries that take a long time to heal.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Even if it was a small fracture, that is way, way better than a high ankle sprain. A slight fracture could be healed enough to play in 2-3 weeks.

I was in a boot for 4 weeks because of a sprain. Doctor said I would have been better off if it was fractured.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
High ankle sprains are some of the most bothersome injuries, especially in a sport like hockey. Bruise, even if it's a microfracture in reality still is a much better scenario.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Ah crap ! I was looking forward to seeing how he'd do in training camp this year. The good news is that it doesn't seem all too bad. Hopefully it'll turn out to be a 3 week injury and Rantanen is back for the 1st game of the season against Dallas !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad