Salary Cap: 2016-17 Roster Building XXIX | Something, Something ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
If JR isn't going big game hunting, i'd settle for a little more meat.
Smith or Doan and try and sell ARI on Pooh for Duclair.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
You know as much as we dump on the Pens for their line-ups and their play they're actually 1st in xGF% and 3rd in FF%. The Caps are pretty mediocre in those terms. I think we're okay, I'd still like them to try to get Duchene, but I don't think Washington is this behemoth even with Shattenkirk.

tread102

Mar 17, 2008
Indeed. So the Caps are still character-less. They never addressed that problem. They could beat us, but I don't see them.winning the Cup. Too much.history of losing within that core and they just added someone from another losing culture.

exactly. we might lose to the caps, but i don't seem them winning a cup.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
If I had to guess, that conditional 2nd probably becomes a 1st if they win the Cup. That's probably what scared away JR.

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
NHLNumbers‏ @NHLnumbers 18s18 seconds ago
More
The trade is official.

To Capitals: Kevin Shattenkirk (50% retained)

To Blues: 2017 first, 2018 second (conditional), Zach Stanford

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
So that's the equivalent of 1st + 2nd + Sprong/Guentzel.

It's not. It's more like a 1st, 2nd and Dominik Simon.

Do people honestly think that's not a huge price for a rental who reportedly has his UFA spot picked?

If Washington wins, he could sign in Madagascar for all they care.

As I said in the last thread, Shattenkirk to me is more Keith Yandle than the all-powerful, No.1 guys like Pronger or Chara of the recent past. But it's not a huge expense.

PensArmy

Feb 11, 2017
I would like to say I wish the craps would run into some Injuries every year we lose sooooo many man games

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
If I had to guess, that conditional 2nd probably becomes a 1st if they win the Cup. That's probably what scared away JR.

The Caps don't have their 2nd round pick next year, Montreal does. So it'll be interesting to see the full details.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Missed opportunity for ShatonKirk jokes.

So hfboards isn't going to survive the TDL, is it? Any rules about posting tweets like the code and a text version of the tweet with it in case that craps out as well?

No. Pictures and gifs are more likely to get deleted because of the extra little bit of bandwidth they use. Which is why the avis are turned off right now, along with a couple of other features. They've made sure extra servers are available to handle the load, believe it or not. They've pretty much done everything they can at this point short of migrating the site.

PensArmy

Feb 11, 2017
And it's pretty clear the caps have no chance of signing him since it sounds like he has a hard on for the rangers

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They really need Letang, Dumoulin and Maatta to pull it together and be healthy, and for everyone else to be healthy and stay healthy... thank god they have GAF as an insurance policy, though.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
One of Guentzel/Sprong is acceptable. Which one? I go back and forth. Hard to tell at this stage.

I'd trade 3 pieces Maatta, Jarry, G/S. If it was a 1st instead of Guentzel or Sprong it's a no brainer but from what you've mentioned doesn't seem like the case.

It has been my understanding that JR hasn't wanted to go beyond the no brainer deal and that Sakic has wanted your deal (Degen suggested it was Sprong, Guentzel, or Sheary, and I've heard that version too).

Here's the part that scares me: If you get Duchene and run Sheary-Sid-Duchene, I'm not sure I like either Jake-Geno-Horny or HBK enough right now to really exploit a Washington. If it were me, I'd run Horny with Sid and Sheary and be targeting a LW for Geno.

We'll see . . . I don't see JR shrugging his shoulders and standing pat. Not his style.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Yup, which is too expensive for me. I like the balanced approach from the Pens. Get your need in Hainsey and explore prices of long term upgrades. No need to go all in on a guy you don't really need.

PensArmy

Feb 11, 2017

If Washington wins, he could sign in Madagascar for all they care.

As I said in the last thread, Shattenkirk to me is more Keith Yandle than the all-powerful, No.1 guys like Pronger or Chara of the recent past. But it's not a huge expense.

Standford was a second round pick and Simon is a 5th Rd pick

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That can't be right. Lebrun said it's less than 50% retained and I still don't think the caps beat us if we are 100%.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I don't care what other teams do. JR should focus on what's best for the Pens, not panicking and acquiring dudes because the other team loaded up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad