Salary Cap: 2016-17 Roster Building XXIII | Insert Witty Thread Title Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
And why do you say that?

For Fleury it's a team in need of a number one and he isn't in the same situation like this one which would be stupid for him. His whole situation is that he is fighting for a number one job here and most of the other teams that would be a destination is the same situation. In winnipeg it might be a while before their other guys are ready if ever.

So why would he say no? Because it's not a contender? Oh boo hoo? If that's the case then I hope he retires and just ****s off.

If Fleury goes to WPG, I don't see how he's the unquestioned number 1. Like I said, they have a potential number 1 in Hellebuyck that's only 23 years old. Fleury would probably be a short term upgrade, but I doubt it's the long term destination Fleury desires. Of course, we have no way of knowing if WPG was on his NTC list.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Derek Clancey, listed as the Director of Pro Scouting on the Pens' website, is the scout listed at tonight's Avs/Ducks game

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It's such an asinine argument when it's a good situation for maf and he'd see it too. He would be the clear cut number one there and it's what he needs. To be that and get a ton of games which again is what he wants. So why wouldn't he say ok yeah let's open up to the jets. The only issue here is that his agent is an epic jackass.

Also he'd see the pens maybe a few times a year. I'm sure that's preferable too. I don't hate MAF I hate the situation the team has created with him currently.

We have no idea what teams and cities players would like and not like. No freaking clue. It's pointless to bring that up because it's literally the one aspect of a possible trade that we have no clue on unless it's reported by the agent. To boot, MAF likely know they want to trade him but will run things by him. Maybe that makes you more open to other teams knowing the situation.

Because Winnipeg is a bad team and Winnipeg isn't a particularly nice city. It's a perfectly logical conclusion to come to.

No doubt. But see above. LA or SJ or Anaheim or Florida seem like amazing opportunities as well...doesn't mean every player in the league wants to go there.

If Fleury goes to WPG, I don't see how he's the unquestioned number 1. Like I said, they have a potential number 1 in Hellebuyck that's only 23 years old. Fleury would probably be a short term upgrade, but I doubt it's the long term destination Fleury desires. Of course, we have no way of knowing if WPG was on his NTC list.

I think it may come down to MAF preferring to be bought out in order to go anywhere. He's got what, 3 years left on his contract? Maybe play out those three years then look elsewhere? Or you get bought out and try to get a 5-6yr contract elsewhere.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Shorter contract and a lower cap hit. I do that deal straight up.

Pavs is in the AHL isn't he? Plus he's a UFA after this year so you'd have to re-sign him to be the goalie you expose.

I mean, I'm cool with dumping Fleury, but I'd still expect to get SOMETHING back in return.

If WPG was serious about Fleury, I'd want Hutchinson. He's cheap and signed through next year. There's your back up for Murray.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Oh look, this dumb argument again.

Who is on MAF's NTC list? What are Marc's feelings towards Winnipeg exactly? While you're at it, what's his feelings towards Dallas, Calgary, and Buffalo to boot?

Well, there was talk he wouldn't waive for a Canadian team. So there's that. Plus, Winnipeg in general seems to have issues attracting players because of the location (isolated, not much to do for wives/family, etc.), so Fleury, with a wife and young child, might not be fond of moving them there. Add to that, Winnipeg's not really a good team, so it's not like he'd be going somewhere with a shot at winning.

Combine those things and I don't see why it's a "dumb argument".

I mean, we don't know for sure what his NTC looks like. But we can use a bit of common sense to see which teams he *likely* wouldn't want to be dealt to, based on the factors I listed above.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Not sure if he is scouting for trades or if he is scouting ahead for the Feb. 9 matchup vs the Avs. Think it is the latter.

I don't think the Penguins would send Clancey for scouting for a future game. I don't believe that's his role.

Maatta, Kunitz and Sprong for Landeskog and Tyutin. Who adds in that?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Not sure if he is scouting for trades or if he is scouting ahead for the Feb. 9 matchup vs the Avs. Think it is the latter.

I usually don't read too much into these things, but I highly doubt the director of pro scouting is going to the Avs game purely to scout one of the worst teams in the league for game planning purposes 1 month in advance.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
I don't think the Penguins would send Clancey for scouting for a future game. I don't believe that's his role.

Maatta, Kunitz and Sprong for Landeskog and Tyutin. Who adds in that?

Can you see us trading Maatta? I can't. Dumo yeah. JR has traded him before but Maatta no.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Because the Pens would be lacking a LD if they trade Maatta, so Tyutin would be a short term replacement for him.

I think Tyutin sucks at this point so that's not particularly exciting to me.

If Pens move Maatta in a package for Landeskog, I'd want a D from coming from another team.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Tyutin sucks at this point so that's not particularly exciting to me.

If Pens move Maatta in a package for Landeskog, I'd want a D from coming from another team.

I'd be fine with not going after Tyutin, he was just a guy I thought of as a replacement bottom pair LD. I'd rather shoot higher at someone like Stone, I'd be more confident with Daley-Stone as the 2nd pair instead of Cole-Schultz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad