Salary Cap: 2016-17 roster-building part XVII | Contract/FA charts, cap info in post #1 ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Wait I thought they had the same agent. The tweet listed a different agent than fish. Unless they're in the same agent group or something.

KarIgo87

Rider on the Storm
May 22, 2015
Moscow
It would be the later smaller number. Whatever the earned amount of Performance Bonuses by all players was.
Good. Then trade MAF for futures and some cheap backup around $2m and we'll be fine.

They only count if earned. Vessey's pretty much a lock to never sniff the $2m allowed schedule B bonuses. It would only be the $850k in Schedule A bonuses that he could realistically have an opportunity to earn.
I bet Bowman thought the same thing about Panarin last year :)

P.S. DiPauli. It's cool I guess. I don't think we're gonna see him in NHL this season though. Get in line, kid.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Good. Then trade MAF for futures and some cheap backup around $2m and we'll be fine.

I bet Bowman thought the same thing about Panarin last year :)

P.S. DiPauli. It's cool I guess. I don't think we're gonna see him in NHL this season though. Get in line, kid.

Panarin is also a guy that is 24 and played in the KHL and WHC. Playing 3yrs in a league that isn't a developmental one is tough and Panarin is talented and was able to show what he is capable of to earn that contract. They put those bonuses in place thinking maybe he wouldn't, but the guy didn't jump from like the MHL to the NHL, he went from being a point per game guy in the KHL to the NHL and then played with, for a disgusting human being, Kane is also supremely talented.

Vesey could hit it, but his chances are slimmer.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I honestly don't get the Rangers aspect. At all. They're going to be irrelevant until he's of UFA age...and he's a Boston kid.

Either way I just want this whole thing to be over. He's likely a solid middle sixer, and the amount of attention he's getting makes it seem like he's a future superstar. The entire saga is annoying, and it gets like this almost every year with whoever is the perceived best 'free' prospect, even though those perceived best 'free' prospects rarely end up being anything special. Odds are he's the forward equivalent to DeKeyser, and most of this board chuckled at the Red Wings overpaying him not that long ago.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like him on the Pens because he plays a position of weakness for this team, but the level of hype and the caliber of player just don't match for me.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I honestly don't get the Rangers aspect. At all. They're going to be irrelevant until he's of UFA age...and he's a Boston kid.

Boston kid. The team looks on the decline with a star goalie who is getting up there in age. The cost of living in NY is a ****ing joke. Pretty much every checkbox he wanted would not be fulfilled.

A weird side-note... how did NY sign all the wrong players and lose all the players they could have signed? They went from starting their Eastern dominance to being irrelevant so fast.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Horrific management that their fanbase seemingly gives endless rope to because it's not as egregious as the previous management?

I have no clue, but the Rangers should be threatening for Eastern supremacy with the roster they had a couple years ago...but they made basically every wrong decision possible.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Off topic from Vesey, but if you guys haven't seen these videos of Sid and MacKinnon this offseason, they are pretty awesome. Sid just makes everyone look so dumb.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Boston kid. The team looks on the decline with a star goalie who is getting up there in age. The cost of living in NY is a ****ing joke. Pretty much every checkbox he wanted would not be fulfilled.

A weird side-note... how did NY sign all the wrong players and lose all the players they could have signed? They went from starting their Eastern dominance to being irrelevant so fast.

From talking to their Mods and some posters during the playoffs they completely realize that a couple of wrong choices in signings especially killed them.

They are not far in many ways from that team that looked a lot like this Pen's team. They still have speedy guys and score a lot.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
If Marchand makes it to FA next year, what do you think he wants and what is the max we should give? It will be after the expansion draft with teams needing to fill a hole so he could be in for a big pay day. I think he gets 6+ over 7 years. We should only be giving him 5-5.5 over 5

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
For what it's worth Vesey bought a condo next to Franktuary in Lawrenceville and he and Kessel were spotted downing an obscene number of dogs there.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If Marchand makes it to FA next year, what do you think he wants and what is the max we should give? It will be after the expansion draft with teams needing to fill a hole so he could be in for a big pay day. I think he gets 6+ over 7 years. We should only be giving him 5-5.5 over 5

I'm not going to look into next year's free agent class yet, I want to see whether any of our young guys (mainly Guentzel, Wilson and Simon) can become legit top-6 forwards for the Pens. It would kinda suck if the Pens sign Marchand to a big money, long term deal only to not need him in a year and a half.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'm not going to look into next year's free agent class yet, I want to see whether any of our young guys (mainly Guentzel, Wilson and Simon) can become legit top-6 forwards for the Pens. It would kinda suck if the Pens sign Marchand to a big money, long term deal only to not need him in a year and a half.

Yep. We have no shortage of promising options we should be exploring before thinking about acquiring another big money winger.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa

We don't have the money for him. He is the type of player that would do amazingly well here, and he trains with Sid every off-season so they are definitely familiar with each other, but no, I don't think he is ever a Penguin.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012

Is somebody is able to take a top-6 LW this season then i would forget Marchand. If after this season nobody steps up it becomes risky. With Kunitz likely gone we have two LW spots open. It would be great if it happened but i dont know if atleast two players will pan out. Playing the numbers games it certainly possible. Out of Kuhn, Sheary, Wilson, Guentzel and Simon there could be atleast 1 top-6 player with potential for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad